PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MIKE SHANAHAN: ‘EVERYBODY’ WAS TRYING TO STEAL SIGNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Back then, everybody was trying to steal signals,” said Shanahan. “Some of the best quarterbacks in the league had different cue cards from the sideline — depending [on the] defense or blitz — and tried to do everything they could. They looked at [videotaping] for a lot of years, and came up with a final verdict. I could go back and tell you a hundred different stories.”

Shanahan said NFL teams — including the ones he coaches — frequently swept for listening devices, and not just when they were facing playing the Patriots in Foxboro.

“We’d have people sweep the locker room for devices,” he said. “It was with a number of teams. The same thing on the sideline.”

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...anahan-everybody-was-trying-to-steal-signals/

Something most of us were already aware of. Hopefully more people come out and admit the same thing.

Goodell continues to ruin the NFL by taking all of the gamesmanship out of it. Ultimately, he wants everyone to be a choir boy on the field. Instead of just letting things happen the way they should, which is letting the teams deal with it, he selectively enforces the rules and selectively punishes teams at random.

This is like the SEC trying to deal with "insider traders". Basically everyone does it, since it's in their nature to try to get every edge possible, yet the SEC still believes it can stop it from happening, or at least give that appearance to the public.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...anahan-everybody-was-trying-to-steal-signals/

Something most of us were already aware of. Hopefully more people come out and admit the same thing.
I never understood why people saw trying to diagnose the other team’s signals as cheating? Isn’t that part of the game? The teams use fake signals and calls, do all of these things to disguise them, why would they do that if the other team was not allowed to attempt to figure them out? As far as I am concerned Belichick saw an opportunity to better understand his opponent through film study. That is gamesmanship... not cheating.

I hate when you tell someone this and they say "cheating is cheating" or "everyone else did it is a poor excuse" --- No, it's not an excuse. It's called providing CONTEXT.

Goodell continues to ruin the NFL by taking all of the gamesmanship out of it. Ultimately, he wants everyone to be a choir boy on the field. Instead of just letting things happen the way they should, which is letting the teams deal with it, he selectively enforces the rules and selectively punishes teams at random.

This is like the SEC trying to deal with "insider traders". Basically everyone does it, since it's in their nature to try to get every edge possible, yet the SEC still believes it can stop it from happening, or at least give that appearance to the public.

Goodell wants the PATS to be choirboys, everyone else can continue their gamesmanship, especially the Rats.

All of the great coaches from the previous generation - Cowher, Shanahan, Jimmy Johnson, have all come out in strong defense of Belichick.

If Goodell didn't have such a hard-on for being Mr. Deliverer of Justice these issues would have been handled with the amount of attention they deserve - a quiet note or memo. You know, like when balls were ****ed with during the Minny/Carolina game.

This is my biggest complaint on the ESPN smear job. What were OTHER teams doing in the same era? What other "espionage" or shenanigans was/were going on? We already know about the falcons pumping in fake noise, etc. All the ESPN reporting points to the Pats doing this type of thing in isolation, which we all know is not true. Why not add some balance to the reporting?

Don't answer that. We all know the reason why.

Gotta wonder if in the cancerous bowels of the NFL.... Mike Kensil is leaking selectively edited information that fits his agenda of minimizing what the Patriots have accomplished..

Shanahan says he swept locker room in Foxboro (and other cities) for bugs! Shanahan accuses Patriots (and other teams) of trying to steal signals!

Oh man is that funny.

I don't buy it. Only the Patriots do sh*t like this in the whole league. I just read a report that said they're being investigated for pumping crowd noise in Gillette.

I never understood why people saw trying to diagnose the other team’s signals as cheating? Isn’t that part of the game?
The way I feel is: the game should be called and executed by players on the field... if coaches feed plays in from the sidelines, then opposing coaches and players should take countermeasures and vice-versa.

Meaning: you wanna take the chance sending in extra info from the sidelines, then prepare for it to be intercepted.

Shanahan says he swept locker room in Foxboro (and other cities) for bugs! Shanahan accuses Patriots (and other teams) of trying to steal signals!
He was probably already the source in the article that said the same

Is Shanahan a delusional PATS fan? The haters constantly claim that it is only delusional Pats fans that say everyone else cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents