PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss - Transcript - Noon Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice read, thank you Mike Reiss...he makes life better for Pats fans.

Wonder who that pats1 fellow is...;)

But yes, I agree with Reiss' response. The #5 battle is down to Stone and Childress.

pats1 said:
Wonder who that pats1 fellow is...;)

But yes, I agree with Reiss' response. The #5 battle is down to Stone and Childress.
I think that is the #4 battle, Jackson is a lock for 5.

Everyone should read it, there's some great stuff in there. Not silly "I don't know" fluff unless he really doesn't know. Great answers (and good questions),

Section329 How has the two kickers look so far? Do you feel Gramatica can win this job in a tight race or does it have to be a landslide for him to win?

Mike_Reiss I'd say it has to be a landslide for Gramatica to win.

Scary. :eek:
Has Gramatica looked that good?

DefenseRules said:
He's just saying it would take a landslide for Gramatica to win, not that it has been a landslide.

DefenseRules said:
I think you've got your interpretation 180 degrees around - I understood him to mean Gramatica would have to be ahead by a landslide.

Yeah I did read it wrong. That's what I get for trying to read two things at the same time. :rolleyes:

DefenseRules said:
Yeah I did read it wrong. That's what I get for trying to read two things at the same time. :rolleyes:
That's okay, Beisel is often in the same boat and we still love him...:p

Tremendous chat !

This stood out for me:

Other than Maroney and Thomas, is there any rookie who has really stood out so far?
Mike_Reiss: Fifth-round pick Ryan O'Callaghan. He's had some work with the first unit at right tackle.

Could the crystal ball i'm renting be wrong ... when it tickets O'CALlaghan for "IR"?

" What are the Patriots going to do with all the money they are under the cap? It seems hard to justify to fans that pay the highest ticket prices in the league that Kraft is not forking over the dough. They could have used the money on Law or on Branch. What do you think?

Mike_Reiss One thing about the salary cap, it's a bookeeping number, not an actual figure of how much the team spends. So a team could be up against the cap this year, but actually might have spent less than the Patriots because they have "dead money" on their cap. I think relating the unused cap space to the team being cheap is off the mark."

perfect!

flutie2phelan said:
Tremendous chat !

This stood out for me:

Other than Maroney and Thomas, is there any rookie who has really stood out so far?
Mike_Reiss: Fifth-round pick Ryan O'Callaghan. He's had some work with the first unit at right tackle.

Could the crystal ball i'm renting be wrong ... when it tickets O'CALlaghan for "IR"?
Since the question applied to rookies, and only the three mentioned have taken 1st team reps with all the trainers occupied, don't trash your crystal yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft