PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Friday 1/5/24

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
Belichick's full press conference:

Last edited:
When's the last time the final game of the season felt this meaningless?
I know we were out of it in '20 - but we were still curious about Stidham, and testing our young playmakers.
It must be 2000 - but even then, it was building momentum in BB's first year... Or 1995?
It sure stinks. And it feels like a good time to reset the whole thing.

I'd like to see some sort of trickeration play for Slater but considering his **** Stuart level hand-eye coordination I fear it could backfire.

I wish...

I like this possibility better.

IF this is BB’s last game, surely the football gods could see fit to grant this boon.

On a side note, it is a crime that the football, Sanchez’s helmet, and Brandon Moore’s game worn pants are not in the HOF.

When's the last time the final game of the season felt this meaningless?
I know we were out of it in '20 - but we were still curious about Stidham, and testing our young playmakers.
It must be 2000 - but even then, it was building momentum in BB's first year... Or 1995?
It sure stinks. And it feels like a good time to reset the whole thing.
As a rabid NE Pats fan who waits 7 months until the season starts watching Bowls and Combines/Pro Days and Drafts and Camps and Preseason games, none of these games feel meaningless. It's probably the decades of seemingly hopeless Red Sox fandom that served as a foundation. I mean it'd be great not to care, so I could use my little brainpower for something else, but I want to sit on Sunday and watch the Pats obliterate the Jets. If they lose? Great! Pats go to #2 or #3 pick and Jets probably go all the way to #10 to #12. It's a win win, really.

I don't want Mayo to be HC - next year.
I'd love for him to be named official DC, and see if he can continue the Defensive consistency and run a top 5 unit.
With either BOB, Harbaugh or someone else at that caliber as HC.

I hope they get a catch for Slater - somehow.
Maybe not a low % bomb like last time he caught it, but a fake punt/FG, or fake 4th down conversion QB sneak where Slater is the only WR out to block. That would be great.

I hope they get a catch for Slater - somehow.
Maybe not a low % bomb like last time he caught it, but a fake punt/FG, or fake 4th down conversion QB sneak where Slater is the only WR out to block. That would be great.
They haven't really run a "gadget" play all year, so it would be interesting to see them do it this weekend.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back