PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Perreira on the Clement "TD"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Stevenson

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am not a fan of this phony, as he now seems hellbent in being a contrarian at Fox, where before he was a shill for any creepy Goodell-induced calls for many years, but he admits what I was predicting before the SB.

At least someone said it.

It was very suspicious that Goodell was publicly speaking about changing the catch rule in the offseason during the lead up to the SB, instead of saying something generic like "we'll see, but the rule is what it is in 2017/2018". The rule is very simple, clear and everyone should know it by now, even though the very rule itself was designed to put the onus on the receiver to show possession with 2 feet down. Clearly, Clement did not do this, as you can see space between his hands and his body when he finally corrals it in.

But, the entire officiating crew seemed almost brainwashed, mysteriously not knowing the catch rule and making comments that are pretty creepy. When you have the announcers both definitively acknowledging it as no catch, everyone in the room agrees, and then a clear replay does not call for an obvious over-turning of the TD, it smells. It smells as bad as the Dion Lewis "fumble" that was not a fumble in the title game, where the ref couldn't wait to call it a fumble. That's my point...It's fair to argue they call it a certain way to be clear, because they know a review is available. Sure, no problem. Fast game, hard to tell, etc.

But, this is orchestrated, institutionalized cheating that does not happen in any other sport.

"Anything close, Ron, favor the Pats opponent"......

Hmm.

I am not convinced all of Goodell's cheating approaches care done verbally, either. There has to be evidence on phones or emails.

If Brady had sued for defamation, I would imagine the entire league would have been brought to its knees, but I just don't know much longer the league can last with a known cheating commissioner like this.

It's just relentless. These are not your everyday "we were robbed!" on PI or holding calls or non-calls that all fanbases deal with, either. This is a reviewable thing were they failed to enforce a simple and clear rule.

So, in a nutshell, other teams' crap fundamental receivers ended up causing a demand to change the rule for calls being called correctly, only for a call to be ignored in the SB, to help Philly.

Super.

I wonder why ratings are tumbling?

Been saying this for about a decade now:

"One set of rules for 31 NFL teams. One special set for the NE Patriots.

Pereira thinks Goodell told Riveron to change his standard on replay reviews

But doesn't Pereira diagree with you?

Mike Pereira‏Verified account @MikePereira Feb 4
I agree with the stands. It was close but the initial ruling dictated. Good for Riveron/Yurk to stay with the standard that it not obvious that the call was wrong. Slight movement of the ball and slight bobble but slight is not enough to overturn.

Time to move on

True, but I am just reporting that this whole element of "it was 50/50" was completely bogus.

Goodell moved the goalposts again, because he meets with refs and Riveron before games to discuss how they can move the goalposts on NE.

Faceguarding in Indy in January of 2006. There is no faceguarding in the NFL. Was the ref promoted from the NCAA recently?

4th and 2 in Indy. Clear first down after final possession up against the chest.

I could go on for days...it's usually end of game type stuff, too. The Ellos Hobbs one was not, nor was the phantom pick by Troy Brown before the end of the first half, but we mysteriously never saw the replay from CBS either.

How about that pick in the Super Bowl where I think it was Chung got drilled on the replay with no call?

Hogan thrown down on the Hail Mary. I could see some extra contact, but a complete shove like that?

We have to beat the refs and the opponent. It is what it is.

I’m not doing this.

You can sit up in your tinfoil treehouse and point down at the onlookers all day if you’d like, but it won’t accomplish anything except making our fanbase look like disillusioned sore losers. (Which we make fun of other teams for doing.)

There was a lot that went wrong, and it went way beyond iffy calls.

Pats don't make excuses and we as fans should do the same. It didn't decide the game. Patriots have benefited from calls before, this was just a game where the Eagles were gifted quite a few. Pats still had a chance at the end and didn't get it done.........time to turn the page.

Let those other loser teams fans make all the excuses.

On to the 2018 season!

Yeah, I can't go this far. Should it have been a TD? I don't really think so.

Was it the reason we lost? Nope.

Was the fix in? I tend to laugh at other fanbases who were crying about this all season. I can't join them.

Do I believe ****dell was happy to see the Pats lose? No question.

I’m not doing this.

You can sit up in your tinfoil treehouse and point down at the onlookers all day if you’d like, but it won’t accomplish anything except making our fanbase look like disillusioned sore losers. (Which we make fun of other teams for doing.)

There was a lot that went wrong, and it went way beyond iffy calls.

I freely admit I’m a sore loser and have tin foil hats disguised to look like berets. It’s not a leap of mental acuity to think Goodell stacked the deck seeing that he’s done it 13 thousand times. He did not want to hand bob kraft the trophy again to a rain of boos.it was a great game and I’ll eventually let it go but they said the meds take a month to work lol

Perreira & Blindino are making a living crapping on the guy that has their old job, wish I could get a gig like that. Rehashing the close calls should be left to lesser fan bases. Leave the tin foil for them, they'll be needing it soon enough.

Not why we lost but when others throw the cheat meme around ...

By all means look in the mirror glass house teams.

This wasn’t cheating...

This could have helped us a bit. But in the grand scheme of things, doesn't even fall in the top 5 reasons we lost:

1. ****ty front 7
2. Poor defensive game plan
3. Unjustifiable decision to bench Butler
4. Jordan Richards
5. Cooks doing stupid ****.

Maybe you can add this call or that somewhere in the top 10. Bottom line is it didn't cost us the game. Many other things did, but not that. They're close calls. You can't expect them to always go your way. And if any of the above 5 things were different, we win.

If they called illegal formation, they would have scored anyways. If they reversed the Clement touchdown, they would have just scored anyways. Our defense was ****ing trash. It didn't matter. It could have been 4th and 50 and Jordan Richards would have went under that screen and given up that massive play. The defense just sucked.

I freely admit I’m a sore loser and have tin foil hats disguised to look like berets. It’s not a leap of mental acuity to think Goodell stacked the deck seeing that he’s done it 13 thousand times. He did not want to hand bob kraft the trophy again to a rain of boos.it was a great game and I’ll eventually let it go but they said the meds take a month to work lol

Care to explain how the holding call in last years SB fits in to your theory?

lol the defense was so bad it would not have matter.

what is with the reading comprehension on this board? this is not why we lost.

i am asking why this league changes rules
due to collusion with other teams and because of their demands to do so? no other pro sports leagues are “managed” this way, so yes, it is creepy.

i can gaurantee you if james white made that play, it would have been over-turned. guarantee you.

watch enough of this league enough to know, this stuff (rule applications and changes
during a game or season), simply does not happen to other teams.

Perreira & Blindino are making a living crapping on the guy that has their old job, wish I could get a gig like that. Rehashing the close calls should be left to lesser fan bases. Leave the tin foil for them, they'll be needing it soon enough.

lol

“blindino”

what a greasy tool he is

i agree, but i think here it is pretty clear what happened

goodell was yapping about caving to the cheating owners leading up to the super bowl, and then riveron does an about face out of the woodwork?

very obvious

goodell cheated

again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back