Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Golic: 11-5
Greenberg: 11-5
Schlereth: 12-4.

All predict Pats will win AFC East. Neither playoffs nor Super Bowl were discussed, but I read here earlier this summer that both Golic and Schlereth had the Pats in the Super Bowl - is that correct?

If so, that's significant, at least for Schlereth, because for as long as I can remember, he's been respectful towards the Pats but rarely picks them to win - he's still a Broncos homer.

Thoughts?

QB12

Those predictions were made before they learned we are trading everyone on the team for draft 2016 draft picks.
In the year 2020 the pats will be good again.:D
Realistically 11-5,12-4 sounds about right.
If everything "clicks" 14-2 is possible,If injurys hit 8-8 is possible but that's true of all teams.

HAMMERMILL said:
Those predictions were made before they learned we are trading everyone on the team for draft 2016 draft picks.
In the year 2020 the pats will be good again.:D
Realistically 11-5,12-4 sounds about right.
If everything "clicks" 14-2 is possible,If injurys hit 8-8 is possible but that's true of all teams.

Honestly, if we keep Brady healthy we'll always be a 10+ win team. Last year proved we could have arguably the worst D in the league, no running attack and still win the division (granted competition will be more intense this year).

I smell another 14-2 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB12 said:

All predict Pats will win AFC East. Neither playoffs nor Super Bowl were discussed, but I read here earlier this summer that both Golic and Schlereth had the Pats in the Super Bowl - is that correct?

If so, that's significant, at least for Schlereth, because for as long as I can remember, he's been respectful towards the Pats but rarely picks them to win - he's still a Broncos homer.

Thoughts?

QB12

But they also went on and on about how shocking it was that the Pats let Vinitraitor go and how much Deion's hold out will hurt the team abd can BB win without his "guys." Then they come up with these w/l predictions. These guys have their heads up there butts.

richpats said:
Last year proved we could have arguably the worst D in the league,

I have tirelessly taken on the job of repeatedly reminding people that, with the possible exception of Chicago, the 2005 Patriots had the best defense in the league by December.

QB12 said:

Thoughts?

QB12

I agree completely, have said all along despite some of the sky is falling mentality, that this team wins between 11-12 games... this team like every NFL team has some needs, but more strengths than most.

shakadave said:
I have tirelessly taken on the job of repeatedly reminding people that, with the possible exception of Chicago, the 2005 Patriots had the best defense in the league by December.

Like it or not, we did have arguably the worst D in the league for a good chunk of the season. From weeks 4-12 we gave up an avg of 26.6 ppg. In December, we had a knockout month against some bad offenses. I wasn't convinced that our D had actually come around until we did the impossible and shut down Denver's offense in the playoffs.

richpats said:
In December, we had a knockout month against some bad offenses. I wasn't convinced that our D had actually come around until we did the impossible and shut down Denver's offense in the playoffs.
Did I miss something or did we play TB..who had a highly rated offense at that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News