PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Mayock's Pre-Combine Prospect Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently some rumors are going around about possible gang involvement. :confused2: At this point they're purely rumors, so until there's something more to go on than "well, he skipped class once--and I hear he's in a gang!" then I think we should do the kid a solid and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's pretty talented, and seems like a hard worker.

He also has three acknowleged children, 2, 3, and 6, and I believe is suspected of fathering four more. He's a first-ballot Travis Henry all-star...and if a college kid isn't smart enough to learn how to put on a free condom after the first kid's conceived, when he must have been 15 years old, I'm going to say he's not smart enough to grasp a BB defense.

Last edited:
Which is why, whilst wearing my BB 'what would I do' hat, I'd consider offering STL the Tennessee or Jacksonville picks in round two for Adam Carriker's last two years - they unload a player who doesn't fit their scheme and does fit NE's, while putting more pressure on teams considering trading up for Suh. It works even better for them, they can use that #1 to address QB or OT, whichever they need most, then they will have two 2nds and can use one on Tyson Alualu who would be an absolute stud in Spag's scheme.

Wow. I was thinking this exact same thing, which given my Carriker cheerleading three years ago shouldn't really surprise. It would ease up the potential logjam of DT disappointments in St. Louis, and give the Patriots a nice defensive end for the rotation. I don't even think it would take a 2nd round pick to make it happen. Maybe a 4th. Of course, Laurence Maroney is a St. Louis kid who's in the last year of his contract, maybe a swap of players might be in order.

I think Earl Thomas is a very good safety prospect, but I don't see how Mayock has him rated above Berry. Personally, I feel Berry is the #2 overall prospect after Suh. Both are good prospects but I think Berry is better.

Which is why, whilst wearing my BB 'what would I do' hat, I'd consider offering STL the Tennessee or Jacksonville picks in round two for Adam Carriker's last two years - they unload a player who doesn't fit their scheme and does fit NE's, while putting more pressure on teams considering trading up for Suh. It works even better for them, they can use that #1 to address QB or OT, whichever they need most, then they will have two 2nds and can use one on Tyson Alualu who would be an absolute stud in Spag's scheme.

Box, too bad the Pats don't have a 3rd to trade for him...he seems to have underperformed for them. Can you tell me more about Carriker?

Adam Carriker

Beat writer Jim Thomas does not think that Adam Carriker will be moved to defensive end next season.
The Rams look thin on paper at end for 2010, but Carriker doesn't rush the passer well enough to play outside in Steve Spagnuolo's (theoretically) pressure-heavy scheme. The coaching staff will probably ask Carriker to shed weight in the offseason to increase his penetration skills, but he'll stay inside.

Box, too bad the Pats don't have a 3rd to trade for him...he seems to have underperformed for them. Can you tell me more about Carriker?

Adam Carriker

Beat writer Jim Thomas does not think that Adam Carriker will be moved to defensive end next season.
The Rams look thin on paper at end for 2010, but Carriker doesn't rush the passer well enough to play outside in Steve Spagnuolo's (theoretically) pressure-heavy scheme. The coaching staff will probably ask Carriker to shed weight in the offseason to increase his penetration skills, but he'll stay inside.
Carriker was drafted from a two-gap college scheme and asked to move inside and play NT because STL has no one else available to stuff the run. If NE can get Carriker for a later pick I'm cool, but I'd offer to take him off their hands and clear the way for them to draft a player better suited to what Spags likes to do.

If STL would prefer not to draft Suh or McCoy, this still works because teams that might really want one of them will feel like STL is making room on the DL for a new DT - this may trigger that trade down that all #1 teams want. In this draft, for a team running Spags D, I would pass on both Suh and McCoy for Alualu, but that's just me.

Carriker was drafted from a two-gap college scheme and asked to move inside and play NT because STL has no one else available to stuff the run. If NE can get Carriker for a later pick I'm cool, but I'd offer to take him off their hands and clear the way for them to draft a player better suited to what Spags likes to do.

If STL would prefer not to draft Suh or McCoy, this still works because teams that might really want one of them will feel like STL is making room on the DL for a new DT - this may trigger that trade down that all #1 teams want. In this draft, for a team running Spags D, I would pass on both Suh and McCoy for Alualu, but that's just me.

Isn't Carriker's stock down? Is he even worth a 2nd rounder at this point?

Wow. I was thinking this exact same thing, which given my Carriker cheerleading three years ago shouldn't really surprise. It would ease up the potential logjam of DT disappointments in St. Louis, and give the Patriots a nice defensive end for the rotation. I don't even think it would take a 2nd round pick to make it happen. Maybe a 4th. Of course, Laurence Maroney is a St. Louis kid who's in the last year of his contract, maybe a swap of players might be in order.

Stop it, you guys. You're getting my hopes up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft