Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mike Martz still in a super stupor

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...still_in_a_super_stupor.html?print=1&page=all

classic lines
  2. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Damn, I am really starting to like this guy!
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

and he says something everyone else forgets

4. Jaquelina

Jaquelina Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

wow!

strong comments by martz. I like them! :D
  5. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

God damn Mike Martz! My boy!

Seriously, we need more rational thoughts like this. Like the one Belichick just brought up in his interview: how can you call it 'spying' when they're doing it in plain view, with Patriots logos on their shirts and big video camera's pointed right at the sideline?
  6. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

how ironic a ny paper prints all this and our local papers they...well..enough said.
  7. BRiZ

BRiZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Martz and BB should team up man. Martz as OC kick McDaniels to the curb! That would be leathal, id love to see BB and Martz working together.
  8. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Huh. Just imagine, for a second; Mike Martz at OC, Dom Capers at DC, and Bill Belichick at Head Coach.
  9. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I get a kick out of how a stupid NY paper tries to belittle Martz in the headline.
  10. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The writer also didn't seem to quite understand the point Martz was making.
  11. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

12. Nordberg

Nordberg Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

ESPN is quoting Mike Martz.....and only quoting this part of his quote....

"I was stunned at Matt Walsh’s allegation that he was on the sideline in New England Patriots apparel during our walk-thru. I find that insulting, disturbing and a slap in the face to both our team security and NFL security, who both do outstanding jobs. I promise you that if he was on the sideline, he was not in New England Patriots apparel because he would have been identified.

"This whole issue is based on statements made by Matt Walsh, and I think we have to understand that.

"I’m very grateful for Commissioner Goodell to take the time to talk to me about this. It’s time to put this situation behind us.”

Do you believe how bad this has gotten?
  13. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What you posted was Martz's statement. This was an interview where Myers talked directly to Martz.
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  14. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He's right. They did. If Ty Law didn't make that INT and return it for a TD would have lost that game. We couldn't run the ball or pass it efficiently.
    I went back and watched that game. Yes I still have it on tape! ;) You could see the ineffiencies in our offense.
  15. Nordberg

Nordberg Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Looks to me like they only posted part of it. The part that makes the Pats look bad.....of course.

Mike Martz on Super Bowl XXXVI walkthrough
    Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff May 15, 2008 07:37 PM

Former St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz released the following statement tonight, through the San Francisco 49ers, where he is serving as offensive coordinator:

"I had the opportunity to talk to Commissioner [Roger] Goodell yesterday and I was very satisfied with the NFL’s efforts to investigate the situation with Matt Walsh as it related to Super Bowl XXXVI. I’m very confident that there was no impropriety. I believed Bill Belichick when he said there wasn’t and I took that at face value. Leaving out this part:

"Let me make this clear – we lost to the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl because we turned the ball over three times. If there was anything obtained from our walk-thru from a casual observer that happened to be present, then that was just part of those walk-thrus and that environment. What I’ve said all along and what my only concerns were if A): If the walk-thru was filmed or B): If it was purposely scouted for information. If so, then that is an issue that the league needs to pursue. I’m very satisfied that this was not the situation in this instance whatsoever.

"I was stunned at Matt Walsh’s allegation that he was on the sideline in New England Patriots apparel during our walk-thru. I find that insulting, disturbing and a slap in the face to both our team security and NFL security, who both do outstanding jobs. I promise you that if he was on the sideline, he was not in New England Patriots apparel because he would have been identified.

"This whole issue is based on statements made by Matt Walsh, and I think we have to understand that.

"I’m very grateful for Commissioner Goodell to take the time to talk to me about this. It’s time to put this situation behind us.”
  16. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

17. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +253 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

Damn, looks like I may have judged Martz too quickly. For all the crap he said after the Herald piece came out, he seems to have backed off pretty well since it came out that there was no tape.
  18. pheenix11

pheenix11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Mike Martz is a stand up guy. He has made it onto my short list of non Patriots people in the NFL who I hope have success.
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Martz has grown some nads, good for us.. wonder if Shelereth will read this stuff, probably not.. he will just dismiss it.. and keep on his rambling about how we cheated.
  20. Alk

Alk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And to think you guys didn't want him for our OC position. He would have been perfect!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.