PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi on the Jamie Collins trade..

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have hit on McDaniels' wife.

It has to be conditional since the Browns haven't been awarded the pick in question yet. What I've been hearing is that it's a compensatory 3rd that becomes a 4th if the Browns don't don't get a comp pick. Forget where I heard that, will dig it up and edit my post in a second.

Does the "forfeit the highest pick" provision apply to the 4th rounder we're losing this year? Because it would suck for the Browns to not get a comp 3rd, then the top pick in the 4th round becomes the one we forfeit. We'd end up with a pick near the end of the 4th for Collins.
While we are making up rules as we go they can just say the punishment includes a 3rd if it's compensatory.

If not a wake-up call then a retooling. I must admit that the only thing I was feeling unsettled about yesterday was the fact that the Bills, with all their injuries, managed to score 25 points on us.

I must admire BB. He waits until the bye to pull this off so that not only is the team out of town, but the fans have time to digest and adjust too before the team takes the field again. He's banking on all of us (team and fans) forgetting about this by the time the Pats take the field against the Seahawks.
I doubt Bill cares what the fans think.

ESPN has reported that the Patriot players are saying they hate their coach.........Patriots are defined as a team. They will actually play better without Collins.

This is spot on.

Anybody with 2 eyes and no homer glasses should be able to see this defense is pretty bad.

No, no they shouldn't. They may not be great, but they're not bad. They're good. They are 7-1 good. They are 3-1 without Brady good. They are keeping the score low without turnovers good.

What they aren't is "as good as they can be".

Don't like the move, but the show must continue.

Pats gave up 17. Last 8 points were an absolute gift from the ref. Rowe 100% did not commit pass interference should have been 4th and 12 from the 30.

And tbh it was more like 10. That 4th and 3rd where Taylor ran it in Wood has an absolute blatant face mask that should have made it 4th and 18 from the 41.

Right. But the Jills missed several opportunities with Taylor throwing too hard, too high, his receivers dropping the ball, etc. Against a better offense that might have been 40, not 25.

I feel like this was the right decision. I'm not as observant and versed, as many here, but he has seemed underwhelming lately. He seems too concerned with his big payday and his self preservation.. Which is fine, but it's not happening here. And if he's freelancing, wouldn't that put his teammates out of position? Let's hope this corrects at least a little bit. IMO. Patriots Film Review: Collins' struggles evident in last game

Oh god, why does this post fill me with dread! What is next, Bennett to the Jags for a 6th round pick?

I think they will add not subtract.

Right. But the Jills missed several opportunities with Taylor throwing too hard, too high, his receivers dropping the ball, etc. Against a better offense that might have been 40, not 25.

To be fair, with better officiating, Rowe doesn't get all those calls against him, and the score is probably less than 25.

Ya but "IF" works both ways.

If the bills punter actually punts it bills never go onto to score that TD and probably don't score again, only other score they had after that was a gift wrapped TD by the bogus PI call by the ref

The essential questions are:
1-Going forward does this cause the level of defensive play to lessen?
2-If it is lessened is it enough to tangibly hurt the chances to win the 2016 SB?
3-Does this move help the longer term prospects of the team?

I have analyzed and scrutinized the data to come up with the definitve answers:
1-We'll see
2-We'll see
3-We'll see

They should've made him into a pass rusher. They should have let him pass rush...let Roberts and Hightower be on field at same time. He would've been dynamic as a pass rusher. Let him rush the passer, play out the season, and then go on his merry way. That way, he would've gotten the money he wanted, and we would've gotten the compensatory pick anyway.

I like this idea a lot.

BB: You know, Jamie, There is no "I" in TEAM...
JC: Right, Bill. But there is a "ME"...
BB: Get out!

There-is-an-I-in-TEAM1.png

Ya but "IF" works both ways.

If the bills punter actually punts it bills never go onto to score that TD and probably don't score again, only other score they had after that was a gift wrapped TD by the bogus PI call by the ref

The "if-ers" drive me crazy.
There are always a half dozen or more ifs in a game. Trying to string them together to suggest alternate outcomes is a fool's errand.

The opposing teams always have their ifs against the Patriots while almost always losing. Boy it's eerie how those string of ifs go against Patriot opponents time after time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes