PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Strahan to retire tied with LT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Strahan a sure first ballot HOFer wants to seriously consider retiring before the season.

What is weird is that if he retires now he finishes his career TIED with Lawrence Taylor for the all-time Giants sack leader.

I think he is crazy to leave it at the tie unless he personally respects LT so much he wants to finish that way.

I say he decides to play for a few regular season games,gets the record and then walks away during some part of this season like he said he would like to retire this year.

Can't see a wasted opportunity to be the best for a legendary franchise like the G-Men and to be better at least in sack stats than the best LB in NFL History like LT,May be a long time until that situation happens again.

Strahan a sure first ballot HOFer wants to seriously consider retiring before the season.

What is weird is that if he retires now he finishes his career TIED with Lawrence Taylor for the all-time Giants sack leader.

I think he is crazy to leave it at the tie unless he personally respects LT so much he wants to finish that way.

I say he decides to play for a few regular season games,gets the record and then walks away during some part of this season like he said he would like to retire this year.

Can't see a wasted opportunity to be the best for a legendary franchise like the G-Men and to be better at least in sack stats than the best LB in NFL History like LT,May be a long time until that situation happens again.
I would respect that if he left tied. Two amazing players in one franchise.

I would be furious if he played a few games then just abandoned his team after getting the record that would be ridiculously selfish.

Like Sean said, that's f*cked up.

He's not retiring...He's using it to get a new contract, which he wants because he got killed in his very public divorce.

Break the record, Taylor was a disgrace to the game off the field. If he were playing now, he'd have the reputation Pacman or Vick do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back