PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami positives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I guess we disagree on what a bad day by a corner is.

I claimed that Revis' day was a "mixed bag," so I'm not even sure what this means? Where is the "bad day" coming from?

You are known for getting people to engage in multiple page long debates by breaking down dozens of quotes at a time, and every now and then I get suckered into it as well. I will not make that mistake in the future.

Bottom line: You are wrong about the writer suggesting that Wallace/Revis were in one vs one coverage, and if you review the tweet, you will see that. They were 2 separate sentences and thoughts....goodness gracious. He said that Wallace had gotten the better of Revis at times, with a "period" at the end. Then he went on to state that Wallace had a total of 7/11 for 81 yds and 1 touchdown on the day. You read them through your own lens, which is why I tried to meet you halfway and say that "it could have been worded better." That was not good enough for you to leave it alone, and you continued to bring up my name in other threads about it.

Like most arguments that you initiate, what starts off as a simple difference of opinions on ONE topic quickly escalates into dozens and dozens of differences of opinion.

I suggest that you stay away from the field of counseling and/or dispute resolution ;)

EDIT: While we're at it, you can add another 2-3 critics and media sources to my list--now totaling 5 or 6. I'm sure you'll somehow find problems with their analysis, however.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr...riots/2014/09/darrelle_revis_can_t_please_all

Last edited:
I'm with you on the end-zone incompletion - Revis's worst play of the game. On the crossing patterns (the completion and the incomplete ball thrown behind Wallace), I suspect that safety help was schemed. Revis was playing with strong inside leverage and covering from a trail position rather than chasing frantically as if he had been beaten. Revis can't be expected to cover long crossing patterns and long downfield plays (as opposed to the short-field end-zone play, where I've noted he was beat) against somebody with Wallace's speed. He can cover anything else and just about anyone else, but the best way to match-up against top-flight speed is with scheme. I do wonder if Revis has lost a step, or whether he was simply slower in the heat. He has shown elite speed in the past himself, and there really are only a couple of players in the league who are fast enough to consider providing over-the-top help for him, but Wallace is the fastest of those.

Very nice response with some great points. I'm sure we'll see it improving in the future no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST