PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

merriman's comments today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

Now, on to Merriman, who was wildly fun to listen to. Last week, the All-Pro sent Jason Taylor a “Lights Out” hat, t-shirt and a box of popcorn, so he could “watch me in the playoffs” after Taylor’s comments criticizing his positive steroid test. Patriots QB Tom Brady said today that Taylor and Merriman would probably be sipping Mai Tais together at the Pro Bowl. In response to that, Merriman said, “tell Tom he can wear my shirts, I’ll send him some stuff.” Merriman also said in the 12-minute session that no one can block him one-on-one, and added that he’s not just a pass-rusher, but a “playmaker.” He did say that Jonathan Ogden (Ravens) and Walter Jones (Seahawks) , among tackles, and Leonard Pope (Cardinals) and Jason Dunn (Chiefs), among tight ends, have done the best job in blocking him.

the herald staff found it fun to listen to...not sure what is funny

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

the herald staff found it fun to listen to...not sure what is funny

I don't suppose you would. Using Brady's own criteria, shouldn't Tom S-T-F-U about Merriman and Taylor and talk about his own team?

Merriman is frank in his opinions about his own ability. He has been saying all year that no one can block him one on one. He has said he believes he will go down as one of the greats of all time when his career is over. He has said his goal is to be the greatest defensive player of all time. And somehow, despite all that bluster, he managed to record 17 sacks in 12 games. Go figure.

roiddy has no class...taylor has carried that miami defense with thomas for his whole career...and taylor wasnt the one serving a suspensions for roid use...

I don't suppose you would. Using Brady's own criteria, shouldn't Tom S-T-F-U about Merriman and Taylor and talk about his own team?

Merriman is frank in his opinions about his own ability. He has been saying all year that no one can block him one on one. He has said he believes he will go down as one of the greats of all time when his career is over. He has said his goal is to be the greatest defensive player of all time. And somehow, despite all that bluster, he managed to record 17 sacks in 12 games. Go figure.

Already the greatest defensive player, ever as well as the classiest as can be seen by the wife beater shirt he wore to his CBS halftime interview. Apparently he is the best with the assistance of a banned substance, nonetheless.

Last edited:
merriman is "lights out" b/c he loses conciousness after injecting himself with roids....go figure

saying non-stop about how good that he feels he is is not being 'frank'--it is being self-promoting and boorish.

Brady was congratulating Taylor and Merriman on their Pro-Bowl status and referencing that they'd be hanging out having drinks together like good friends in Hawaii.

perhaps it isn't Brady that should 'stfu', eh homer?

Don't be so defensive. Tom was asked, and was merely saying it is no big deal, that merriman and taylor will be friends by the time the Pro Bowl comes around.

Do you really think Merriman sending Taylor stuff to watch the playoffs with was a classy move?

yeah, taylor is a class act, a real specimen--> he marries and divorces zach thomas' sister. i hope my kids grow up to cheat on their wives too.

good thing i'm talking football here, not their personal lives

debate victory for me, over: sadthepatriots

Last edited:
saying non-stop about how good that he feels he is is not being 'frank'--it is being self-promoting and boorish.

Brady was congratulating Taylor and Merriman on their Pro-Bowl status and referencing that they'd be hanging out having drinks together like good friends in Hawaii.

perhaps it isn't Brady that should 'stfu', eh homer?

Hey man, Taylor's the one who precipitated the comments. He came out and said Merriman shouldn't be considered for DPOY or pro-bowl honors after testing positive. Merriman had never said anything about it.

Now, you might agree with what Taylor said but you don't think it's kind of inappropriate for the guy who is in the top running for DPOY to politic like that?

So, predictably, the media came to Merriman with Taylor's statement and Merriman responded. He never said anything about Taylor's worthiness to win the award. He joked that he would send Taylor a "Light-out t-shirt and a box of popcorn so he can watch us in the playoffs."

Say what you will about Merriman but he doesn't drag other players through the mud...he never has. If he has a flaw he actually answers questions rather than coming with the stock, politically correct response everyone expects.

At least he has the balls to talk to the media when he knows that he's one of the most hated players in the NFL. He got suspended for testing positive back in August and NFL fans act like he killed someone.

Seriously, boltsfans - we've seen this before. The Chargers won't be helped by Merriman's words. However juvenile and tied up in macho B.S. it may be, bulletin board material ALWAYS motivates the Patriots. They live off this stuff. It shouldn't help them, but it always does.

yeah, taylor is a class act, a real specimen--> he marries and divorces zach thomas' sister. i hope my kids grow up to cheat on their wives too.

We're talking on-field issues here bud. Taylors personal life is no business but his own. When your off-field issues start affecting your on field performance, (like taking steroids) then there is an issue.

Merriman wants to be like Chad Johnson. Unfortunately, I don't think Merriman realizes that Chad says everything in good fun. He doesn't understand that a linebacker can't talk smack in a friendly fashion the way a skinny WR can.

Merriman, aka: cheater, disgrace of the NFL, arrogant MF has pissed off the football gods one too many times this year....Now that he is coming down off his roids high, I will personally LMAO when Jason Taylor, who has more class in his big toe than Merriman has in his whole body, invites him to watch football with him, next time he's in Miami, during championship game weekend.

Taylor doesn't need to take roids to be an all-pro and he deserved to win defensive player of the year. Merriman's comments are just a case of sour grapes, or is it roid rage? :singing:

Last edited:

If a reporter asks Tom Brady to compare Taylor and Merriman, and Tom replies that they'll be sipping Mai Tai's in the Hawaii (as in, they are both great, they're both pro-bowlers) how does that translate to any sort of disrespect?

You Chargers trolls are really unbelieveable.

Hey man, Taylor's the one who precipitated the comments. He came out and said Merriman shouldn't be considered for DPOY or pro-bowl honors after testing positive. Merriman had never said anything about it.

Now, you might agree with what Taylor said but you don't think it's kind of inappropriate for the guy who is in the top running for DPOY to politic like that?

So, predictably, the media came to Merriman with Taylor's statement and Merriman responded. He never said anything about Taylor's worthiness to win the award. He joked that he would send Taylor a "Light-out t-shirt and a box of popcorn so he can watch us in the playoffs."

Say what you will about Merriman but he doesn't drag other players through the mud...he never has. If he has a flaw he actually answers questions rather than coming with the stock, politically correct response everyone expects.

At least he has the balls to talk to the media when he knows that he's one of the most hated players in the NFL. He got suspended for testing positive back in August and NFL fans act like he killed someone.

Dude. If a New England Patriot player got suspended for using ANABOLIC STEROIDS, he would be run out of town. He would disgrace his team mates, the entire organization and the NFL.

How in Gods name you defend someone who CHEATED to get where he is?

I guess it says something about you.

Yes we should act like he killed someone. He is a cheating piece of **** who should be suspended for a season but his stupid ass story saved his ass.

not arguing that point--basically just saying that Merriman and Taylor are just fierce competitors busting on each other--I have yet to assail Merriman for the roid conviction, and on a side note, think you're a pretty good poster--Merriman is a real talent...maybe like a Ray Ray lite...almost as good as Lewis in his prime, and almost as bad ***** off the field... :singing:

Merriman is an arrogent idiot. These comments proved it. Just like T.O. and "OchoCinco", they talk big but are not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST