PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather Fined $50,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please tell me how many more routes Baltimore WR ran over the middle after 'the hit,' or how many more catches (if any) over the middle after 'the hit.'

#31 - tell me where to send $500 towards your fine.

You think he purposely tried to hit Todd Heap in the chin with the top of his helmet and risk breaking his jaw or neck? Seriously?
Yeah it looked that way. I don't think he was thinking about what Might happen. I've been watching foot ball for over forty years, its rare for any thing like what your describing. The only time i can think of off hand was Darryl Stingly.

Made me sick this morning at the gym hearing all the ESPN experts saying how "egregious" Merriweather's hit was, but saying the Harrison head shots were fine. In the immortal words of Mike Gundy, 'made me want to puke.'

$50,000 would not have helped if Heap had been Paralyzed

There needs to be more tough rules ahead....hopefully

It could well happen to one of our OWN guys on the opposite side of that hit someday...ala Darryl Stingley R.I.P.

What happens with the money from these fines? Where does it go?

Was not a cheap shot, and wasn't meant to hurt Heap. Oh, and one more little detail. IT DIDN'T HURT HEAP!!!

No problem with this at all, as long as there is a consistent application of the rules...with that being said, bad hits (as opposed to big hits) will continue...

Here on in, suspensions or ejections may be in order as long as they are consistent... headhunting is bad for the game.

I'm sorry guys, there was nothing wrong with the hit. Okay? It's football. People can get hurt. Sorry to say.

How many more catches over the middle did Baltimore have after Brandon laid the wood? Sorry, I can't hear you?

Cut the soft crap. He was sending a message that you don't come into the paint and dunk it on our home court. To those who want to return to the days of Gus Scott, where no WR feared going over the middle, God help you.

Go for it Brandon, and I'm glad you said yesterday that 'you're not changing your game, point blank.'

half the people simply don't like meriweather......if it was 'their guy' it would be a different story.

if chung was not on heaps back, the play does not come out the same way

I'm calling out all the whiny beatches who have blasted Meriweather on this and other threads. You want to make an omelette, you've got to break some eggs.

Some perspective on just HOW big the fine is for BM:

Albert Breer on Twitter
For perspective, Meriweather's game checks this year come out to $32,352.94 ... So it's between one and two weeks' pay.

Cost him his whole game-cheque and then some. Dang!

Last edited:
I'm calling out all the whiny beatches who have blasted Meriweather on this and other threads. You want to make an omelette, you've got to break some eggs.
You taking names and kicking azz? Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi didn't think it was right, i think they should be at the top of your list. You should look them up personally.

Last edited:
And not taking names, that's correct.

Still waiting for some soft, whiney loser to answer my question about if there were any Baltimore catches over the middle after 'the hit' . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back