PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Jets/Cowboys postgame reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is Cromartie allowed to try to duplicate the exact same thing?? The first Dallas TD was blatant P.I. before the receiver made the catch...no flag...Cromartie isolated on camera with one hand actually INSIDE the reciver's jersey and the other hand grabbing pads...no call...on and on....7, 10, 15, 20 yards downfield. To be honest, the crew missed a few Dallas blatant P.I.'s too....but this type of reffing really played into the Jets secondary's hands.

Spot on. Watching this travesty I thought to myself, "Why weren't there any articles written on the new CBA (sic) repealing the 5 yard no contact "Polian Rule"?"

One, maybe two infractions missed, refs are human but a pattern of downfield contact is another story. And yes Dallas did it a couple times too.

WTF?

Last edited:
My analysis. They beat a team at home on opening night which featured:

A. A bunch of O-Lineman with zero experience playing in a tough environment (the one piece of Jets credit I will give - their fans showed up last night).

B. A decimated secondary.

C. Dallas losing their best play-maker early on after he was torching the Jets all-pro corners. After that catch against Revis where Dez hurt his leg, he was not the same the rest of the game. I think he had cramps on top of whatever he hurt on that play.

D. One of the dumbest special teams plays I've ever seen. A high-school team should be embarrassed to get a punt blocked.

E. Constant holding and bumping all night past 5 yards by the Jets corners. Typically not something I care about, but since this is supposed to be a 'point of emphasis now', you'd think they'd get called once at least.

F. There is no dumber QB than Tony Romo. Several of us posted the obvious as soon as Dallas got that ball back that something bad was probably about to happen.

G. On his last 2 drives to win the game, Sanchez did nothing and even with a turnover on Dallas side had to get bailed out by a 50-yarder. This was after he tried his best to throw another pick 6 that Ball (a safety last year playing corner), really could have had.

H. Hunter is a turnstile.

I. Of the Ryan brothers it is much easier to like Rob, in part because he did a great job for us, but also he isn't a four-year old who is either crying or giggling after every single play. And he has much better hair. Rex is like a 500 pound Tom Coughlin. Not that Tom ever giggles, he only complains.

J. Romo is a moron. Worth stating twice.

K. I hate that rolly=polly ref from last night.

Darn!

I thought we were going to pick up an unexpected game on the Jets, as I never in a dozen possible scenarios for their season would have had them losing their opener at home on the anniversary of 9/11 to the 'Boys.

Tony Romo is now in his eighth NFL season (sixth as a starter). I was amazed to see that his QB rating is 95.5 over those years. Somehow, he just can't put it all together and makes mistakes at the worst possible times. In many ways, yesterday was his career in a microcosm.

I think we'll be saying similar things about Mark Sanchez four or five years from now. Competent guy, but, doesn't quite have it in the end. Let's face it, without that goal line tackle he's the goat of the game yesterday.

Last edited:
you know its bad when the Jets have a postgame thread on Patsfans.com

Good teams get "lucky" a lot. Bad teams are very "unlucky." Pats 2007 against the Ravens. Did we deserve that win? Hell yes.
No, we didn't deserve that win. How can anyone say that? The timeout called when we didn't make it on fourth and one? Without that, we lose. Like last night, a W is a W, but let's not pretend the Pats played well enough to win that game against the Ravens and needed luck (and a stupid Bart Scott) to win.

Hate to say it but even though both QBs did not play well,Sanchez is better than Romo

Romo does not have that killer instinct,you could see more fear and anxiety in his eyes than the will to win

I think Sanchez has that killer instinct and the will to win and you could see it in his eyes but he has yet to figure how to do it more consistently and eliminate the mistakes he makes,that comes from experience and he is not there yet.

I still do not see that the Jets have fixed their enemic pass rush yet either,they had pressure on Romo,but considering that 3 of 5 OL were rookies,the Jets should have sacked Romo 8 times last night.

The only real standout on the Jets defense consistently last night was Calvin Pace,he is healthy and caused havoc to Dallas gameplan at times,I expect him to give Brady some headaches off the edge when we play them.

Hate to say it but even though both QBs did not play well,Sanchez is better than Romo

Romo does not have that killer instinct,you could see more fear and anxiety in his eyes than the will to win

I think Sanchez has that killer instinct and the will to win and you could see it in his eyes but he has yet to figure how to do it more consistently and eliminate the mistakes he makes,that comes from experience and he is not there yet.

I still do not see that the Jets have fixed their enemic pass rush yet either,they had pressure on Romo,but considering that 3 of 5 OL were rookies,the Jets should have sacked Romo 8 times last night.

The only real standout on the Jets defense consistently last night was Calvin Pace,he is healthy and caused havoc to Dallas gameplan at times,I expect him to give Brady some headaches off the edge when we play them.

I would love to see Sanchez in a road stadium that loud, with a sieve for an OL, and his #1 receiver hobbling around.

His killer instinct got them a stalled drive and punt with a chance to go win (against a decimated D) and then after being handed the game by Romo he gets 1 yard and bailed out by his kicker after attempting to throw a pick 6 to a 3rd string CB.

That horseshoe in Rex's bowels is getting looser and looser. It's going to drop sooner or later.

I was questioning the crap that Revis was getting away with as well. One time he was holding Bryant's wrist after Bryant had gone by him. Another time he was literally boxing him out from completing his route many yards past the initial 5. Of course, that was just do to Dez being so "gimpy", as Collingsworth so eloquently reminded us for the 1000x.

The other thing I noticed was how comical it was that The Moleman refused to watch his defense at the end of the game. Very telling to me of what kind of leader he is. I wouldn't want him anywhere near me if I was a defensive player and knew that he did that after choking at the end of the game.

I don't get why people just continually rip on Sanchez and call him Can't-chize. Yes, he's been inconsistent in the regular season and yes the Jets have struggled to make the playoffs, but once he gets into the playoffs, he's been money.

He's gone on the road and won games. Even if the defense is the majority of the reason for why they've won, he's still taken care of the ball and made enough plays to get the wins. His TD:INT ratio is much better in the playoffs. He's been to back to back AFCCG in his first two years as a QB.

He was only a one year starter in college. He's not an elite QB and who knows if he will ever reach that level, but he's improving and will continue to get better. He's resilient and wins games. He leads comeback drives. I don't get how you can rip on a guy that has a WINNING RECORD AGAINST YOU. He's 3-2 against you as a starting QB. He beat you in the biggest game he's ever played against you during the playoffs on your home turf.

It's simple, a combination of comparing Sanchez to Brady (which is unfair, he will never be that good, nor has to be that good to have success), a misunderstanding of his situation, and a bias against the Jets is why he gets so overly bashed.

Every freaking year!! Did you all hear the stat early in the game that the jets recover 70% of fumbles? Tonight, stupid-ass romo fumbles at the one and who recovers? Jets. Then last year, we all know they should have lost like 4 games but for the stupidity of the other team, and the year before Rex didn't even know they still had a shot at the playoffs. ARGHHH!!! I hate those posers so much!!! And they keep lucking out!! Its so not fair that loudmouth arrogant bastards keep lucking out!! I'm so pissed.

I'm starting to understand New England logic. It's only luck when it favors the Jets. When it favors the Jets opponents it's something else. When it favors the Pats, as the refs have been doing for the last ten years, then it's everyone else's crying. End of lesson#1 on New England logic.

Luck? try TUCK RULE.

The epitome of sheer luck? Drafting Tom Brady in the 6ht round.

You poor misguided homeristic fan. I actually feel sorry for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back