PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Memories Of The 60's,70's and 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston Patriots / New England Patriots both 'sounds' good to me - but Bay State Patriots not at all (they took the right decision to do not use it)

next story pls ?

i.e : Tony Eason !

Last edited:
I first became a Pats fan in 1979 at the age of 9. All my friends were either Cowboys fans or Steelers fans and I could't for the life of me figure out why? Growing up in New England I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't root for the local team, a few years later I could understand why there were Giants fans, but that was it. I used to get teased whenever I wore my Pat the Patriot hat with the huge red pom pom by my buddy who was the Cowboys fan. The reason why I totally despise them to this day.

My first Patriots game was in 1991 on a beautiful September afternoon with a bunch of college buddies. **** MacPhereson was the coach and Hugh Millen was our starting QB. We beat Warren Moon and the Houston Oilers on a game-ending 26 yard TD strike to Greg McMurtry.

next story pls ?

i.e : Tony Eason !

I'm sorry Italian Pat Patriot , I do not share your affection for Tony Eason.He was the FIRST Quarteback who I ever saw playing "SCARED" during my tenure as a Patriots Fan.
I will tell a story about a very proud Patriot who put his heart and soul into every play in every game in every year that He played.He came to The Patriots in The Mid 1970's from The University of Southern California.Within weeks He had his own "Rooting Section" in Schaefer Stadium.I am speaking of course of Special Teams Captain,part time Fullback,and Demon on The Special Teams ,Mosi Tatupu.He played with nothing but courage.His legendary "Rooting Section" is none other than "Mosi's Mooses" who were quite a collection of Fans from that Colorful Era of The 1970's.Mosi's Mooses were loud and proud.They showed up early and stayed late.My buddies and I would often run into many of them at "The Red Snapper after the games..Mosi was a guy who earned the name"Football Player" and wore it proudly!He had "Wild hair'which went in every direction and his play was just as wild.Mosi is a true Legend of The early Foxboro Era!

Last edited:
last year i opened a thread with many many replies about Tony Eason and i think 50% was 'pro' and 50% was 'against' him...
i was in the 50% 'pro'

on Mosi Tatupu of course i am with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes