PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MediaGate: 13 psi -> 9 psi outdoors after 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typically listen to people who blow $50M in earnings and declare bankruptcy. Those are usually the people who provide the most rational, intelligent thoughts on matters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lew-50million-dollars-failed-investments.html

RR9e8oX.png

michael-jordan-laughs.gif

What-A-Investment

He's an idiot, in more ways than one apparently.

Is this forum now the National Inquirer?

Could a mod please sticky the thread, because it shows that the one and only experiment done by anybody to bring the ball from warm to cold air shows a significant drop of 4 points of air pressure in just 30 minutes.

It explains why the Patriots and Packers balls would appear deflated by game time, and why Rodgers wants the balls over-inflated to start with. It also explains why the visiting team's footballs would be regulation the entire game, and why the Patriots balls would remain regulation after being inflated at half-time outside.

I wish the last page of posts didn't derail the conversation.

It explains why the Patriots and Packers balls would appear deflated by game time, and why Rodgers wants the balls over-inflated to start with. It also explains why the visiting team's footballs would be regulation the entire game, and why the Patriots balls would remain regulation after being inflated at half-time outside.
I am convinced BB and TB understood this nuance and incorporated into their pressers.

Are there any legs to the "sauna" theory? By that I mean the suggestion that the Patriots pick a place with unusually warm ambient temperatures -- whether literally a sauna or otherwise -- to inflate balls to the target pressure having less air in them than a ball that was inflated to the same pressure at (for example) normal indoor room temperature.

This theory requires that, at the time of testing, the pressure is in a range acceptable to the refs, and also that the exterior temperature has cooled to a point that no ref, in 8+ home games/year, has ever noticed unusual warmth.

That's crazy. The only possible red flag is the fact he used a non-official, 8 year old ball. Perhaps instead of a 4 PSI difference it would be 1-2 with a newer ball. But still, that's enough to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back