PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McD and Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, I think it confirms that Chad is gone this offseason, hopefully replaced by Brandon Lloyd.

I would take Lloyd or Reggie Wayne and still try to draft WRs. The Patriots will find their Mike Wallace someday, but they gotta keep trying!

I don't understand how any Patriots fan can be an Ochocinco fan...defies logic.

He is irrelevant to the Patriots....

To hell with Ocho at this point. Don't try and fix an offense that isn't broken by trying to force balls to Chad and ruining the mojo.

Well, if Denver's coverage pays as much attention to Ocho as they did to Wallace, Gronk, Ahern and Welker are going to have very, very big days.

Ocho did catch his only touchdown of the season against Denver

Chad was given the team's offensive playbook this summer
He spent 2 months in training camp
Hes participated in 100s of practices
Hes had the opportunity to study the playbook, review film, sit down with his coaches, TB, BB to get a better sense of what he needs to focus on, what to know, etc.
Hes been active/exposed to the teams game plan all 16 games
Hes been in on close to 300 offensive plays
Hes watched over a 1000 offensive plays

The bottom line is that TB does not have the confidence that based on the situation, Chad will not be where he needs to be when he needs to be there. Neither does BB. Neither did BOB.

I highly doubt JMcD will make a difference.

Last edited:
I don't understand how any Patriots fan can be an Ochocinco fan...defies logic.

He is irrelevant to the Patriots....

Because he plays for the Patriots. Seems a solid reason.

WOW Good help the server of this website if Chad is targeted this weekend( and the following weeks hopefully) and makes some plays the place will implode.

He has made some blocks down-field and last week I think he made a dive for that ball that was just off his fingertips-I do believe he was behind the defender. Every player on this team has a function and some fans may not care for Chad but if Bill didn't have a reason to keep him he would be gone like most of the defensive backs :) that started the year here.

I would be really surprised if there are any major gameplan changes that happen on account of Josh McDaniels, especially in his first week here. For one, I doubt he's instantaneously caught up on all the little changes to the offense (more involved tight ends, different RB's, etc), and for another it would step on O'Brien's toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back