PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty and Hightower

Love and respect both of these all time patriot greats and they will both be in the patriot hall of fame in 5 and 6 years respectively but it’s time to trade them for anything you can get. Roll over some of their salary to pay JC Jackson next year and get a couple of 6th rounders so they can finish their careers on a contender missing that veteran piece.

No, they’re screwed. It’s really bizarre that they’d backload it for only a $5M cap hit in 2021 when supposedly they were okay overpaying because they had extra cap room in 2021. I’m not sure the Jets would have done a deal like this.

View attachment 36706

This is such a bad contract I am for firing whoever put this together, immediately. ZIEGLER ?? This contract is already bad and will look way worse over time. Jonnu, Wynn, Agholor overpays are going to look terrible 10 months from now.

No, they’re screwed. It’s really bizarre that they’d backload it for only a $5M cap hit in 2021 when supposedly they were okay overpaying because they had extra cap room in 2021. I’m not sure the Jets would have done a deal like this.

View attachment 36706
Most free agent deals have minimal first year salaries. This is not at all uncommon.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back