PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty- All Pro Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivers lost his top 2 WR (Floyd, and Alexander). Wilson lost his top 2 WR (Harvin, Rice) and 3 pro bowl caliber OL. Brady had a good year, but its not up to par to what Rivers did this year, who was a legitimate MVP candidate.

2013 Brady is not anywhere near the same level of 2010 Brady. 2010 Brady might have been the greatest QB ever. 2013 Brady is just simply a pro bowl caliber QB.

In what universe is losing 2 WRs the same as losing your top 5 receivers from the previous season, including the best slot WR in the game and the best TE in the game?

Would that be the JETS universe, or the BRONCOS universe?

In what universe is losing 2 WRs the same as losing your top 5 receivers from the previous season, including the best slot WR in the game and the best TE in the game?

Would that be the JETS universe, or the BRONCOS universe?

Not to mention the loss of said 2 WRs was negated by the emergence of Allen, Eddie Royal's best year since his rookie year and Danny Woodhead

he's 2.9% off his career average.

2.9% with 1 healthy receiver all year. Do you know how hard it is to get guys in sync to know where they are going to be, how fast they are going to run a certain route, and how much to lead them by?

Brady has been JUST missing lately on a lot of deep throws, i'm talking inches off from big bomb long td's. Thats not a brady playing poorly sign, thats a brady is almost in tune with his receivers.

And if we include at least 3 long bombs, perfectly thrown, which Aaron Dropson failed
to catch, then we are looking at a higher completion %, higher YPA, more total yards,
and maybe more TD passes.

What qualifies as 2nd Team?
Zero 2nd team QBs
Six 2nd team Safeties.....So McCourty is considered somewhere between the 3rd and 8th ranked S? Pretty Exclusive!! LOL
The fact that Mankins gets even a 2nd team designation tells me a lot about the seriousness of the voters

The fact that your only issue is with the Patriots selected makes clear where your hate lies once again.

Don't be mad borg, Wilkerson made it.

No not at all What TB did this season is nothing short of remarkable. How do you think Russel Wilson or Rivers would do if you take 4 or 5 of the best weapons from last year away (Gronk, The jailed one, Welker, and Lloyd) and then week one give the biggest offseason move to replace them a serious groin injury. Also take away the next best threat week one in Vareen for more than half the year. Also give various injuries to those drafted to replace some of the above as well. And throw in a season ending injury to one of your best Olinemen.

Based on your low post count and the fact you mentioned numbers when I went on a rant to complain about looking to heavily at the numbers me thinks you are a troll.

I think you cracked the troll code! Before reading your post I saw the screenname 'PattiesWinSB' and figured he was part of BB's staff who came here to discuss next Saturday's gameplan ;)

Fans get all caught up in stats, and what if's or what could have been, but the most important is somehow we were able to get 12 wins.... that defies all statistics and how we view them.

Not really sure that Brady will care all that much, and if he does it will only motivate him to show how wrong these voters were...

If you compare what Peyton did with his offensive corps and what Brady did with his, there is no comparison... as the only stat that counts is how many W's....

2013 All-Pro Teams

People who said McCourty wasn't a good safety, your order of crow is ready.

There were six second teamers selected so all it means is that he was voted a top eight safety in the league. He's a good safety but I don't if crow needs to be eaten because of these results. I like the guy but would like to see him make a few more strides in his game. Like making a few more picks when he gets his hands on the ball.

Manning gets unanimous selection because of his notoriety and the statistical year had by he and his team.

Personally, I think with all the injuries, rookies and roster turnover Brady has had one of his finest seasons.

McCourty is the perfect example of a good safety in the new era of Polian influenced football. He's excellent with his head turned toward the ball, a solid tackler, and has extremely good range. He had a very good year and, from what I have seen, QB's generally try not to throw the ball in his direction. There are some names on that list that could be disagreed with, but McCourty's is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back