PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCann thinks this is total war

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who quote foreign Languages and then fail to offer the simple Courtesy of translating them, just so that they can put on Scholarly Airs, ought be disemboweled and boiled in oil. :)

No, it's OK: I added a Smiley Face. I don't really mean it...as far as you know. :)

Hah!! OK, OK, you got me...

Exception Duly Noted...For The Win!!
beer.gif

Ties in with Jefferson's "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
We know who the tyrant is and we know who the Patriot is, but I'd prefer that he not bleed any more...He's donated enough to those putzes.

But that's not from Brady, as the NFL claims. Another lie?

It was clearly taken out of context.

On the surface it seems the Judge Berman has seen through the Well's report and is leaning towards an abuse of power possibility. I think having the appeal transcripts released in which Roger manipulated the truth to create a PR firestorm might have persuaded him further. So thankfully, it looks like these type comments which are framed in a specific light will not have the influence or impact the NFL had wished for.

Judge you? You may have been sitting next to me. :D

Or sitting next to me. Nothing more fun than a Sunday night game, at a biker bar, watching TB12 while a local band plays the blues in the background. The first and second round of beer is on me.

That's happened in every NFL investigation. The Incognito/Martin case saw it happen about a million times. It's a great example of why you shouldn't ever give up your phone to investigators.

Kessler made that clear, ' and yet we are reading about Brady's pool cover preferences'

Wow Grid. I think that's the first post of yours that I did not have to google. Have you been hanging out a Harley bars lately?
or a word in all CAPS? :D

not to mention, PFK and a couple others have been making posts lately that are starting to resemble OTG. I'm not saying it's a bad thing either.

That's happened in every NFL investigation. The Incognito/Martin case saw it happen about a million times. It's a great example of why you shouldn't ever give up your phone to investigators.

Now that you've slept on it have you offered your thoughts on Kessler strategy? Not sure which thread that was in.

I thought the analogy was "if you stand up to the bully, he'll leave you alone". But Goodell is the bully who's now gotten the **** kicked out of him four times in a row... yet he still keeps bullying. Or trying to, at least.

That's because the analogy is imperfect. Goodell hasn't felt pain from his beatings.

That's because the analogy is imperfect. Goodell hasn't felt pain from his beatings.

I guess 44 million a year is a good way to numb the pain.

Cathargo delenda est

Here's hoping that Goodell and his thug monkeys enjoy similar hospitality from Gaius Brady and his legions.
P
People who quote foreign Languages and then fail to offer the simple Courtesy of translating them, just so that they can put on Scholarly Airs, ought be disemboweled and boiled in oil. :)

No, it's OK: I added a Smiley Face. I don't really mean it...as far as you know. :)

Being boiled in oil doesn't sound too pleasant, sorry about the Latin quote without explanation. It was meant as a bit of an inside joke for history buffs.

At the risk of putting everyone to sleep, Rome fought wars with Carthage from 264 to 146 BC. Rome was terrorized by the great Carthaginian general Hannibal, but Rome eventually was victorious, burnt Carthage to the ground, and salted the plains so that nothing would ever grow there again.

During these wars, the great Roman Senator Cato the Elder would end every single speech (no matter what the subject) with "Cathargo delenda est", which means "Carthage must be destroyed." My weak attempt at humor was that Goodell started every meeting by uttering "amans patriae delenda est", which means "the Patriots must be destroyed".

There, hopefully I have now escaped my boiling oil fate. If nothing else, perhaps it helped put people to sleep for their afternoon nap. :D

I think the recent players poll was telling and may have been a wake up call for the owners, although it seems they might have hit the snooze button at the moment. The next CBA discussions will be littered with Brady v Goodell conversations. The NFLPA may not give in until more controls over the Commissioners powers have been established. If the owners want to do anything to quench that fire they may have to get rid of Goodell as an early Christmas gift. Just a thought.

Fantastic Chamberlain comparison. Two good guys who were torched by their blind faith.

I'm afraid of the opposite approach from the owners. "Oh, the players are desperate to stop Goodell's abuses? Let's see what we can trade for that in the next CBA negotiation!"

McNally and Brady had no phone communications.

How is this not just a blatant lie? Why are they saying the judge can't review the case, and putting non-legal case arguments in their brief.

Clever wording, meant to be misinterpreted.

McNally demanded cash and clothing from Jastremski. (In jest, but the NFL "found" otherwise.) He also demanded autographed items from Brady. Therefore, he demanded cash, clothing, and autographed items from Brady.

I just read the NFL's filing from yesterday from start to finish (as I read Kessler's filing last night). It is short and to the point and it is clear that the League has gone "all in," for now, with its original findings and subsequent statements.

Their arguments boil down to something like: "pay no attention to the ravings of the NFLPA and Kessler, the law is still on our side." Specifically:

1) Brady was given appropriate notice: "the Union’s argument that the Commissioner disregarded the 'law of the shop' regarding 'advance notice of discipline' is both incorrect and, as a matter of law, irrelevant."

2) No matter how flawed the process, "as a matter of law, the Commissioner’s evaluation of the evidence is binding here."

3) Goodell didn't move the goalposts when he redefined Brady's violations: "In concluding that Brady 'knew about, approved of, consented to, and provided inducements in support of the ball tampering (Award at 10), the Commissioner confirmed the initial basis for the discipline."

Interestingly enough, nearly every external case cited is of a large corporation prevailing against a labor union.

So, we have two sides that are, for the moment at least, "all in."

I am as certain as an outside observer can be that Kessler isn't bluffing, if for no other reason than that Brady has already testified under oath that he did not do what he is accused of doing. Kessler left himself wiggle room in court on two fronts on Wednesday: Brady could have handled better how he disposed of his cell phone (on, as Kessler went to pains to point out, the advice of Yee); yes, maybe the Dorito Dinks did something they shouldn't have done, but there is no demonstrated or demonstrable link between any possible activities on their part and Brady.

I have no way of telling whether the League is bluffing and will try to cut a deal at the last minute. The League knows that Brady won't admit culpability and it also knows he won't accept a suspension. Has Kessler given them enough room to craft a solution? I don't know. They might be going to the brink and waiting to see if Berman tips his hand when they meet with him this week.

The League's not bluffing. In their mind, they win, win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents