PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

Steve Belichick needs to learn more aspects of the Defense. Perhaps, he can be the DL Coach or secondaries coach with his brother being the DL coach.

I can see it in the defensive side of the ball with the Belichicks and Pelegrino that probably were waiting to see what Bill would do.

On the offensive side, I don’t think McDaniels is in Mayo’s plan. I think it will be Robinson if he wants to come here or at worst Caley.
I'm hoping for Robinson.

Sounds like Caley could be the leading candidate.

Lazar works for the Patriots, although he's supposed to be independent, you've gotta think he'd also want to push an agenda.

Sign the beast.

Sounds like Caley could be the leading candidate.

Lazar works for the Patriots, although he's supposed to be independent, you've gotta think he'd also want to push an agenda.

I don't really see that here, just and attempt to educate someone.

That's because all the big fish are gone already. It's Walmart Dumpster Diving time.
Come on Tommy, you were dead wrong on Bill going to ATL being a done deal. Sorry but your takes have zero credibility.

He has coached for 11 seasons, over 3 different position groups
My bad; Steve did what I suggested the last time, when he became LB coach. Mayo made his choice. Steve and now look around, knowing he can keep his LB job for another year.

Perhaps it is time for his brother to follow in his footsteps and become LB coach.

Sign the beast.

If you're going to hire an offensive line coach, don't you first need an offensive coordinator to sign off on the deal?

No, defensive coaches should never switch over to the offensive side, especially as OCs. Ive read that here 1000x times.
Actually, on the telecast they were saying the shanehan wants he's oc to learn defense first. I think the effect quote was " you can call on offence unless you understand the defense first". It's real something to that want his philosophy on this before, but don't remember where.
Or course if you skip any apprenticeship on office before becoming OC, you get Patricia!

Last edited:
If you're going to hire an offensive line coach, don't you first need an offensive coordinator to sign off on the deal?
Ideally.

So if anything we are going to help him get a new title in San Fran.
He intrigues me but my gut says it’s Caley.
I felt Obrein style of offense was boring and stale.
We have to look better.

That’s because Caley’s had 2 interviews and Mayo knows him. Is that much of a shift in offensive philosophy?

The Patriots offense was too much and too slow.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back