PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

A personal lawyer sitting in on meetings? Lawyers only do one thing, and they are professionally bound to do that one thing.
Her title is Sr Advisor to HC. She has an MBA. She has been involved in business operations and league relations and compliance. She was also involved in contracts.

To me, she's taking over the 'consiglieri' role that Berj Najarian held for Belichick. Except Berj wasn't an attorney or had an MBA. She's an upgrade for a rookie HC. Good decision to have her assist Mayo. He'll have his hands full dealing with football decisions.

Her title is Sr Advisor to HC. She has an MBA. She has been involved in business operations and league relations and compliance. She was also involved in contracts.

To me, she's taking over the 'consiglieri' role that Berj Najarian held for Belichick. Except Berj wasn't an attorney or had an MBA. She's an upgrade for a rookie HC. Good decision to have her assist Mayo. He'll have his hands full dealing with football decisions.

She took a professional oath to advise her client. She can lose her license if she does not narc. MBA is not significant. Being a lawyer is significant because of her professional oath. Maybe she can assist Mayo, but she is not part of the Mayo team. Everyone has to watch what they say around her because she is legally bound to narc to RK. The conversations are different with her in the room. You are naive or being overly emotional in your support.

She took a professional oath to advise her client. She can lose her license if she does not narc. MBA is not significant. Being a lawyer is significant because of her professional oath. Maybe she can assist Mayo, but she is not part of the Mayo team. Everyone has to watch what they say around her because she is legally bound to narc to RK. The conversations are different with her in the room. You are naive or being overly emotional in your support.
1) I don't think that she is an attorney.

2) She advises and works on contracts.

3) She advises and works on compliance with league rules.

4) She advises on all things that relate to the league.

5) I expect that her personal contract is with Kraft's company. I would not be surprised if all VP's of the various companies ahve regular meetings with the Kraft's and give regular reports to them.

1) I don't think that she is an attorney.
The New England Patriots have named Robyn Glaser, a lawyer and executive with the team’s ownership group, to be executive vice president of football business and senior adviser to new head coach Jerod Mayo.
2) She advises and works on contracts.
Most likely but that is unrelated to the conversation you replied to.
3) She advises and works on compliance with league rules.
Maybe, but that is unrelated to the conversation you replied to.
4) She advises on all things that relate to the league.
5) I expect that her personal contract is with Kraft's company. I would not be surprised if all VP's of the various companies ahve regular meetings with the Kraft's and give regular reports to them.
Lawyers are bound to advise their client or lose their license to practice law. Whether her contract is with Kraft Group, which RK owns, or not changes nothing, that is immaterial. "All VPs" are not in the same legal class as lawyers. You are being naive or are confused.

Lol, what? She's an attorney but doesn't practice law, but even if she did it's corporate. What oath are you talking about?

Narc? They're part of a team. This isn't Bill running a CIA like secret op & keeping stuff from RK. Mayo isn't going to keep anything from RK. Why would he? What would he?

Anyway, I'm not worried about it or lose any sleep over it.

The New England Patriots have named Robyn Glaser, a lawyer and executive with the team’s ownership group, to be executive vice president of football business and senior adviser to new head coach Jerod Mayo.

Most likely but that is unrelated to the conversation you replied to.

Lawyers are bound to advise their client or lose their license to practice law. Whether her contract is with Kraft Group, which RK owns, or not changes nothing, that is immaterial. "All VPs" are not in the same legal class as lawyers. You are being naive or are confused.
Who do you think is her client if not the Kraft company?

Lol, what? She's an attorney but doesn't practice law, but even if she did it's corporate. What oath are you talking about?

Narc? They're part of a team. This isn't Bill running a CIA like secret op & keeping stuff from RK. Mayo isn't going to keep anything from RK. Why would he? What would he?

Anyway, I'm not worried about it or lose any sleep over it.
She is RK's attorney. Funny how you twist things to support RK. Bill runs a CIA like secret op, but RK's attorney sits in on all meetings and reports back to him but she is part of the "team". She is just another one of those people on your left or right while reporting to RK?

If your boss' attorney started sitting in on all of your management meetings you wouldn't wonder about that? If she did her job writing contracts, interfacing with the league, etc., and you saw her a few days a week, that is one thing. If she sits in on all meetings that is a different thing.

Who do you think is her client if not the Kraft company?

I do not care which of RK's legal entities employs and engages her. Why do you ask? The result is all the same. She legally represents RK.

I do not care which of RK's legal entities employs and engages her. Why do you ask? The result is all the same. She legally represents RK.
Believe as you will. Yes, she represents Kraft.

Sure, she has a degree. I don't think that she was or is in Kraft's company Legal Group. That isn't her experience or role. She isn't like she the General Counsel to the patriots. It isn't that she would appear as a lawyer representing them before a judge.

What I was recalling was her speech when she got appointed. She said that she was a "fake' lawyer and left the legal work to the lawyers, She pointed out that in her various roles, she worked with lawyers. I dug out an old speech of hers.\

===========
I don't see why any of this matters. Glaser's role is clear: she gives advice on compliance and in all dealings with the league, and her role is on the Executive level, a promotion from Sr VP. And, of course, she speaks to other top executive of Kraft's companies.

Believe as you will. Yes, she represents Kraft.

Sure, she has a degree. I don't think that she was or is in Kraft's company Legal Group. That isn't her experience or role. She isn't like she the General Counsel to the patriots. It isn't that she would appear as a lawyer representing them before a judge.
It took you longer to write that long post then to do a quick Google search. From Bloomberg Law, Jan 2024:

NFL’s Patriots Tap Key Lawyer to Help Bill Belichick’s Successor. Robyn Glaser, an ex-Big Law associate, advising new head coach.​

She is obviously a lawyer, with significant Big Law experience, employed by RK so RK is her client. Being part of the legal group or not (I am copying your words - I do not know what you mean by legal group in capital letters) does not change her legal responsibility. It is not usual for the company owner to have a Big Law lawyer sit in on all management meetings.

You’re reading way too much into this. Her professional ethics only apply if the Krafts or whoever is her client. That’s not the relationship here. The Patriots are her employer. That’s her position here. Her lawyer status is incidental to her employment position.

Most of the CFOs in the corporate world are CPAs. That doesn’t mean they’re operating under the guidelines of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in their CFO duties like the CPAs hired to audit their financials are.

With that said, Glazer is likely the Krafts eyes and ears, but “what’s wrong with that I need to know “. It’s their team not yours.

You Bill idolizers need to let your Kraft hate go or move on to another team. It’s both sad and tiresome. They’re not going away because you’re angry at them for letting Bill go. They were well within their rights to do so, and, in my opinion, they should have done it sooner.

You Bill idolizers need to let your Kraft hate go or move on to another team. It’s both sad and tiresome. They’re not going away because you’re angry at them for letting Bill go. They were well within their rights to do so, and, in my opinion, they should have done it sooner.
letting him go is their right. trashing him in ways subtle and not so subtle while he handled his firing with class reveals their character.

Someone posted a video on here a while ago of the guy who manages the jerseys and he said the 90's jersey (96-99) is the most sought after. So whoever disagrees and doesn't like it, you're in the minority.
Which just proves that most people are idiots

So, the Pats will have a New Strength and Conditioning staff in 2024. Moses Cabrera and Co are moving on.
Going to be interesting to see who they bring in. I hope that they suggest the players do Yoga at home in the off-season. These player tearing biceps or Labrums when they're tackling people should be rare.. Not 3 in one season..

Why do we have pages dedicated to an Executive VP of Football Business sitting in on coaching staff hiring interviews?

That’s exactly what she’s supposed to do when putting together a staff to operate the product that drives a multi-billion dollar business. I’d be much more concerned if she wasn’t involved.

I don’t understand how this is such a foreign concept to some on this board?

Why do we have pages dedicated to an Executive VP of Football Business sitting in on coaching staff hiring interviews?

That’s exactly what she’s supposed to do when putting together a staff to operate the product that drives a multi-billion dollar business. I’d be much more concerned if she wasn’t involved.

I don’t understand how this is such a foreign concept to some on this board?
Armchair lawyers out for a stroll?

She's like Tom Hagen.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back