PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe they ought to change the name from Charm City to Wimp City

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Ravens are practicing indoors this week but keeping the doors to their practice facility open to let some cold in. It got down to 31 degrees fahrenheit, a.k.a., t-shirt weather.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...are-for-frigid-conditions-20150108-story.html

Belichick on the other hand:

“We’re playing outside, we’re practicing outside,” Belichick told reporters. “Whatever we practice in, I'm sure at some point we'll play in. We've practiced in everything this year: Hot, cold, windy, still, day, night, rain. Whatever it is, it is."

Actually it's about 16 degrees today in Baltimore, without wind chill.

Didn't the Ravens on twitter brag the other day about getting more snow than Patriots after the Patriots twitter posted a video of the team practicing in flurries?

The Ravens are practicing indoors this week but keeping the doors to their practice facility open to let some cold in. It got down to 31 degrees fahrenheit, a.k.a., t-shirt weather.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...are-for-frigid-conditions-20150108-story.html

Belichick on the other hand:

“We’re playing outside, we’re practicing outside,” Belichick told reporters. “Whatever we practice in, I'm sure at some point we'll play in. We've practiced in everything this year: Hot, cold, windy, still, day, night, rain. Whatever it is, it is."

I could see the benefit to practicing a bunch inside too.

By the way, for those of you not in Massachusetts, believe me, it is freaking COLD outside. I don't mean `don't forget your coat` cold. I'm talking chill you to the bone cold. I got a coffee this morning and I needed to put it in the microwave as soon as I got home, 5 minutes later, just from walking to my car and driving back.

It's been like this all week, honestly. Practicing in this stuff is hardcore.

By the way, for those of you not in Massachusetts, believe me, it is freaking COLD outside. I don't mean `don't forget your coat` cold. I'm talking chill you to the bone cold. I got a coffee this morning and I needed to put it in the microwave as soon as I got home, 5 minutes later, just from walking to my car and driving back.

No joke. I went out to start my car this morning and thought, "Meh, I'm just popping out then back in, I don't need gloves." In that short walk, my hands were RAW.

I don't doubt that. But it just snowed in Jacksonville for about 10 minutes. Let me repeat that: It snowed. In Florida.

I don't doubt that. But it just snowed in Jacksonville for about 10 minutes. Let me repeat that: It snowed. In Florida.

Wow, I didn't know that even happened.

I am not sure that practicing in the cold will help. But, it is friggin cold today and it will be cold on saturday, maybe in the mid-teens....that is pretty cold.

Nothing but a few flurries. It was funny watching all the snow newbs freak out over it though. "OH... MY GOD. IT'S SNOWING!!!!". Dumbasses.

Winter of '76 I was transferring down to NAS Jacksonville from NAS Millington, TN. It's Mid December and there are 5 of us in a car pulling a U-Haul with our seabags and other assorted stuff.

We cross the border into Florida, and there's this big honkin' lighted billboard that says "Welcome To Sunny Florida" and it's snowing. :)

Up here in Maine, this morning, it was -25. Frikkin' cold, that.

Winter of '76 I was transferring down to NAS Jacksonville from NAS Millington, TN. It's Mid December and there are 5 of us in a car pulling a U-Haul with our seabags and other assorted stuff.

We cross the border into Florida, and there's this big honkin' lighted billboard that says "Welcome To Sunny Florida" and it's snowing. :)

Up here in Maine, this morning, it was -25. Frikkin' cold, that.

I'm sure you made your way through all of the grimey Mayport strip clubs in your day. ;)

I had meetings on the waterfront near the Moakley building this morning. A balmy 4 degrees at 9am.We live in New England. This is who we are.

People that live in Baltimore are ****ies. :cool:

I'm sure you made your way through all of the grimey Mayport strip clubs in your day. ;)

My favorite was outside NAS Jax called "San Juan Liquors". Sadly, it's now an upscale "Gentleman's Club". :rolleyes:

My favorite was outside NAS Jax called "San Juan Liquors". Sadly, it's now an upscale "Gentleman's Club". :rolleyes:

If there are upscale Gentleman's Clubs in Mayport, I really don't want to see what the low end ones are. I had to get tested for the measles after the last time I went. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes