Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Maximize Health or Maximize Seeding ~ What's Your Top Priority?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys do realize that the human body is able to adjust to altitude, correct? That pro athletes, in particular, can be taken to that altitude earlier than normal and adjust? I didn't see too many people citing the altitude when Baltimore lit them up in 2012 and the Pats pasted them in 2011 or when Indy took them out in 2014. In the end, the better team will always win.

Broncos lost those game because of 5hit playing they exhibited. But if they show up with their A game (and no Manning at the driver's seat), it won't be an easy task. Ravens also played them when they had a sub-avg. defense.

Broncos lost those game because of 5hit playing they exhibited. But if they show up with their A game (and no Manning at the driver's seat), it won't be an easy task. Ravens also played them when they had a sub-avg. defense.

And the Pats and Colts did when they didn't. My point stands... the better team will always come out on top.

You guys do realize that the human body is able to adjust to altitude, correct? That pro athletes, in particular, can be taken to that altitude earlier than normal and adjust? I didn't see too many people citing the altitude when Baltimore lit them up in 2012 and the Pats pasted them in 2011 or when Indy took them out in 2014. In the end, the better team will always win.

It takes 4-7 days to adjust to the 17% lower oxygen level in Denver.

And the Pats and Colts did when they didn't. My point stands... the better team will always come out on top.

Sorry, the better team does not ALWAYS come up on top…. (Re: Eagles @ Pats 3 weeks ago, or Pittsburgh @ Ravens just this past week, to name a couple). Sure, in the grand scheme of things, the better team usually wins, or at least should win, but not always. Certainly not when the venue is a huge factor. If there is one foreign stadium in which we have had the worst luck, it’s Mile High. There are a few stadiums around the country which pose a big problem for visiting teams:

- Denver (High altitude)

- Seattle (Abnormally loud – by design)

- Foxboro (potentially unusually cold weather in the playoffs, especially for warm weather and/or dome teams)

- KC (see Seattle above)

These venues are NOTORIOUS for being very difficult places to play at. When you add to that the fact that those home teams are GOOD, it makes the challenge that much harder.

If we had to go to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Houston, etc. it wouldn’t have been as big of a deal – they are all just ordinary stadiums with avg. conditions. But the above 4 (3 applicable for us) should be avoided at all costs if we have control over it.

Sorry, the better team does not ALWAYS come up on top…. (Re: Eagles @ Pats 3 weeks ago, or Pittsburgh @ Ravens just this past week, to name a couple). Sure, in the grand scheme of things, the better team usually wins, or at least should win, but not always. Certainly not when the venue is a huge factor. If there is one foreign stadium in which we have had the worst luck, it’s Mile High. There are a few stadiums around the country which pose a big problem for visiting teams:

- Denver (High altitude)

- Foxboro (potentially unusually cold weather in the playoffs, especially for warm weather and/or dome teams)

- KC (see Seattle above)

These venues are NOTORIOUS for being very difficult places to play at. When you add to that the fact that those home teams are GOOD, it makes the challenge that much harder.

If we had to go to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Houston, etc. it wouldn’t have been as big of a deal – they are all just ordinary stadiums with avg. conditions. But the above 4 (3 applicable for us) should be avoided at all costs if we have control over it.

Well nobody here is arguing that Denver doesn't have a homefield advantage. That's a strawman. I'm well aware that they do. What I'm stating is that the Pats, with their weapons back, are the better team and I have faith they can find a way to win there if it's necessary and that's the case. Like I said, teams have beaten Denver in the playoffs before. The better teams find a way to win and Super Bowl caliber teams will win anywhere they have to play in order to make that happen. Sorry, I just can't find a way to be scared of Denver even in Denver. Osweiler is highly overrated (mostly by ESPN) and Manning's goose is cooked. Give the Pats a healthy Edelman and Amendola back to go along with Gronk and this game won't go into overtime like the last one needed to. That's IF Denver even gets there.

Well nobody here is arguing that Denver doesn't have a homefield advantage. That's a strawman. I'm well aware that they do. What I'm stating is that the Pats, with their weapons back, are the better team and I have faith they can find a way to win there if it's necessary and that's the case. Like I said, teams have beaten Denver in the playoffs before. The better teams find a way to win and Super Bowl caliber teams will win anywhere they have to play in order to make that happen. Sorry, I just can't find a way to be scared of Denver even in Denver. Osweiler is highly overrated (mostly by ESPN) and Manning's goose is cooked. Give the Pats a healthy Edelman and Amendola back to go along with Gronk and this game won't go into overtime like the last one needed to. That's IF Denver even gets there.

That's the thing though, no one guarantees we will have our weapons back, and certainly no one guarantees they'll be 100%.

That's the thing though, no one guarantees we will have our weapons back, and certainly no one guarantees they'll be 100%.

No one is even close to 100%. The team that wins the Super Bowl will be the one that is able to overcome their injuries the best, just as it was last season and the one before that etc etc. The Seahawks secondary was in tatters by the end of the Super Bowl but the Patriots also overcame many injuries and setbacks, the best we can, hope for is to get them back and hope they produce.

No one is even close to 100%. The team that wins the Super Bowl will be the one that is able to overcome their injuries the best, just as it was last season and the one before that etc etc. The Seahawks secondary was in tatters by the end of the Super Bowl but the Patriots also overcame many injuries and setbacks, the best we can, hope for is to get them back and hope they produce.

Of the playoff teams, no one else is anywhere near as bad as the Pats, as far as injuries go. Even 2013 was better for us injury wise..... and look what happened.... we went to Mile High, and the rest is history....

Of the playoff teams, no one else is anywhere near as bad as the Pats, as far as injuries go. Even 2013 was better for us injury wise..... and look what happened.... we went to Mile High, and the rest is history....

If the Patriots get their wounded back I'll take them over anyone. I honestly don't get all of the teeth gnashing from Patriot fans, you would l like to think they have more faith than they do. I love how things are lining up and believe #5 is on the way.

HFA for sure. Whoever is in decent shape should play. I could see holding off on McCourty, Edelman, maybe Chung but otherwise we go into Miami and play hard for the #1 seed. Hopefully we start fast, get a comfortable lead and can then sit people like Gronk, Hightower, Amendola/Chung (if they play)

In 2013 we didn't have Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Vollmer and this guy you probably haven't heard of named Gronk.

Our starting DTs were Chris Jones and Sealver Siliga and our staring LBs were Rookie Jamie Collins and SLB to MLB convert Donta Hightower. I don't even remember who was at corner. I think Ryan (rookie), Arrington (streaky) and Talib for about five plays before Welker cheap shot him.

The 2013 team was already light on talent. So injuries to top players on both sides of the ball were far more detrimental that year. Also, they were season ending injuries.

Last edited:

- Denver (High altitude)

- KC (see Seattle above)

Broncos are 2-2 in their last 4 playoff home games. You can keep mentioning the thin air, but they have been very mediocre there in the playoffs recently. This year they are 5-2 at home, with most of those wins being by a single score against very bad and/or injured teams.

Going there would not be a scary prospect at all.

We could've done both. I posted last week that we should rest against the Jets and go for the win against Miami -- that would've given us rest (essentially a bye week for week 16, and another bye for 1st round) without rust (resting in week 17 fully is always somewhat dangerous because that leaves a long gap between meaningful games) -- and it would've be nice to see what Garropollo has and to give him some real experience.
At this point we have to go for the win though

I did the same, knowing MIA was no competition. Now several posters opposed to that idea a week ago, now want to sit players for this one.

I was glad to see Dola, McCourty and Chung out last week and surprised to see Hightower who was clearly not right. I would play Dola this week and sit HT. McCourty,and Chung only if 100%.

What if we play for HFA and lose to Miami- could that be worse for the teams confidence going forward? We haven't played a complete game in weeks. ST has been a mess.

If we lose to Miami, honestly we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs.

When healthy this team can win in Denver if the worst happens.

I think we can go pretty conservative Sunday ... work on the run game some more and still win.

If need be we can go 5 wide in the 4th quarter and blow it open ... a bit ****y but I know we can.

I'd rather not see us go pass happy too soon ... don't want to expose Brady to sacks anymore than need be.

Agreed, a nice dose of Jackson down their throats should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes