Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Maximize Health or Maximize Seeding ~ What's Your Top Priority?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have a bye so they will get rest, but HFA is always very important. Got to get that #1 seed.

Why are people afraid of Denver in the least? Either way, they're going to have one of the worst quarterbacks in the playoffs and the Pats should be able to score near 30 on them with a full compliment of receiving options for Brady.
They beat us there already... And the 4th quarter air kills opponent defenses. This years Pat's team definitely should fear playing in Denver in the Playoffs. If it was the week 7 Pats we would kill them in Denver. Not the team we have now. HFA absolute must have.

Sincere question. Do people really believe that "Goodell is effing" with the Pats? I mean the idea that the NFL is not on the up and up is so often discussed, but no way it is really true. Every team fans on every board say the same thing about Refs and Goodell cheating their teams in games. That is not real. It just is not. Yes, he went after Brady, no doubt. But the games are not fixed or even purposely messed with in any way. If you really thought this, why would you even watch something fake? it would be like watching Star Wars and rooting for a certain ending.
Let me ask you this. How do you feel about Hoculi's late flag on Denver last night? Could have been seeing replays on the screen. But, given the recent comments from Dean Blandino...you have to wonder.

The other thing about this is HFA is literally right there for the taking.. Just beat the ****ing Dolphins.

Will be good to get some reps in for Edelman and Amendola and first team offense.

My biggest concern is getting Hightower some rest and have him as close to 100% as possible for the Playoffs.

We should easily be able to win without Hightower in the game. That would give him two weeks of rest. Then two more weeks of games and then another week off before the SB.

Let me ask you this. How do you feel about Hoculi's late flag on Denver last night? Could have been seeing replays on the screen. But, given the recent comments from Dean Blandino...you have to wonder.
If the replay on the screen is legit, then this is not any one "effing with anyone". Now is that against the rules? I actually don't know but assuming it is, why is it? All I am saying is that I think, very strongly in fact, that they are trying hard to "get it right" when they do things like that. Are we against replay? I don't think getting the call against your team correct is "effing" with you or your team.... I don't think it is. I'm just saying the kinds of things fans always complain about just are not so. If the referring was legit corrupt it would be blasted out as an epically huge story, not just message board banter.

PS: I just want to add one thing. I HATE the current state of affairs with respect to the flags. I HATE actually cheering a yellow flag like my team made some great play. I think it sucks. Honestly the 5 yard no contact rule is stupid. PI is way too weak a rule. There is a reason Steve Grogan had more INT then TD in his career and is not considered a "sucky" QB.

I think we can go pretty conservative Sunday ... work on the run game some more and still win.

If need be we can go 5 wide in the 4th quarter and blow it open ... a bit ****y but I know we can.

I'd rather not see us go pass happy too soon ... don't want to expose Brady to sacks anymore than need be.

They beat us there already... And the 4th quarter air kills opponent defenses. This years Pat's team definitely should fear playing in Denver in the Playoffs. If it was the week 7 Pats we would kill them in Denver. Not the team we have now. HFA absolute must have.

I guess part of my disagreement is many on here have already given Denver a win and put them in the AFC Championship game. I think it will be more likely that Denver is one and done. I don't see the need to take risks.

I don't really see this is a huge either/or because the Pats aren't going to play guys if they feel there is a significant re-injury risk. To answer the question, though, absolutely seeding. For anyone who says the Pats are good enough to beat any AFC team on the road, good for you; just imagine how much more tough they'll be at home. We've seen them lose two very close OT games on the road, one with very questionable officiating. You just don't want to be in a situation where you're on the road in the NFL against a tough opponent, because if you don't play an A++ game, you are probably going to lose. Just look at the way the point spreads are made. The Pats at Denver is probably a pick 'em. Denver is probably a seven point underdog at the Pats. You don't think there's a big deal between a potential AFCCG that they definitely should win and an AFCCG that they could win?

We can do both. Sit everyone who sat on Sunday plus Vollmer, nink, Hightower and we still should handle Miami.

They needed overtime and some ridiculous/shady calls in order to do so. Give Brady his full compliment of weapons and that game won't be close.

I think we can beat anyone anywhere if we get our missing guys back, but BB plays to win.

No one guarantees that by sitting the starters they will be 100% by virtue of resting an extra week, and I'm not even factoring the rust element that needs to be shaken off. I'd rather play at home throughout the playoffs @ 85% health than traveling to Mile High @ 90%. Those fcking donkeys have some crazy *** voodoo 5hit going up there, and that thin air doesn't help visiting teams to boot. I don't like that place, and I want zero chance of having to play there. Last but not least, those god-awful 'IN-COMP-LETE' moronic chants make me feel like ripping the TV off the wall. :mad:

IMO home field, playing at home, in front of your own cheering crowd, at your natural envronment compensates for those few missing percetage points health wise. Don't underestimate what home crowd and the lack of travel can do to a team, especially when we're talking about the alternative being that high altitude venue.

Last edited:
Health. If they can get the #1 seed in the process, great. I would sit anyone important to the stretch run that's even a little banged up or coming off of injury: Amendola, Vollmer (doubt he can even go anyway), Gronk, Hightower, Collins, McCourty, Chung, etc. If Brady and Edelman want to play a few series to get the live reps for the first time in over a month, I would give them a few series. Otherwise, take them out too. The Dolphins have nothing to play for but they have been a pretty dirty team under Campbell. I've seen that kind of script before and I'm not interested in the Pats repeating it. Healthy, with Edelman and Amendola back, this team can walk into anyone's building in the AFC and hang 30 on them. Without health, we might as well be onto 2016 because this team isn't repeating.

100% true.

It's amazing how people on here have such little confidence in a healthy NE squad after everything they've accomplished since week 4 of last year.

There's no reason to fear going into any stadium with a healthy team - including and especially Denver (who has lost 2 of their last 4 playoff home games.)

This is how I feel. Denver will be too hard to get through. Even though we'll have a bye either way, some guys are still going to be banged up in two weeks and I'd rather be trying to win tough games at home rather than on the road.

"The refs in Denver will be too hard to get through. "

There, I fixed it!

In week 12 NE had no: Edelman, Amendola, Collins, Coleman, Hightower for more than a half, Gronk for the final 3 minutes.

They still lost by only a score in OT.

In the playoffs they'll very likely have all those guys.

Absolutely no reason for any rational person to be scared if the Pats have to go there.

The Broncos have lost 2 of their last 4 home playoff games.

If they are playing Brady they are playing to win the game but Belichick is still going to sit guys who are at real risk of reinjuring existing injuries.

100% true.

It's amazing how people on here have such little confidence in a healthy NE squad after everything they've accomplished since week 4 of last year.

There's no reason to fear going into any stadium with a healthy team - including and especially Denver (who has lost 2 of their last 4 playoff home games.)

Brady has a 2-6 record when playing in Denver. I don't see how playing there would be a cake walk for us, especially with several of our players returning from injuries

Sincere question. Do people really believe that "Goodell is effing" with the Pats? I mean the idea that the NFL is not on the up and up is so often discussed, but no way it is really true. Every team fans on every board say the same thing about Refs and Goodell cheating their teams in games. That is not real. It just is not. Yes, he went after Brady, no doubt. But the games are not fixed or even purposely messed with in any way. If you really thought this, why would you even watch something fake? it would be like watching Star Wars and rooting for a certain ending.

There is a significant difference between rigging results and making life as difficult as possible for a franchise and the latter is actually what the NFL has been engaging in regarding the Patriots. From so called spygate to the idiotic deflategate witchhunt and the resulting loss of picks and effort to suspend Brady there league, which is run by former Jets employees, has done everything they can to put roadblocks in their way and damage their reputation. Every other franchises gets a heads up from the league when their is a complaint against them but the Patriots get a frame job and then get a fraudulent 5 million dollar investigation that was rugged from the start. There is no question there league is out to get Belichick and the Patriots and it won't end until the league office is fumigated for Jets employees and their hater accomplices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents