PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Pollard released [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pollard was a big mouth against the Patriots when he was with the Colts and predicted a win in an arrogant fashion to which NE responded and whipped the Colts ass

He was a guy I did not like nor want on the team

Good move by the FO IMO

What he said......

The first roster cutdown to 75 is a week from today (I think?). Pollard's spot would be a 7 day rental. Not sure how much value there is in filling that spot considering the Philly game is in 3 days.
Unless they see someone out there who might beat one of the five worst guys on the team. They'd have a week to try him out in camp.

A little surprised by when he was released, but I've expected this move all along.

It's hard to justify a spot on Spach or Stupar, in my opinion, as they are unspectacular players; comparable players can be found throughout the course of the regular season. The team rarely used a third tight end in-game last season, as well, either using a backup tackle or Heath Evans to fill a blocking role.
Not surprised at that...but I do think it means Spach is back from his injury. He's the one who will make the team. It's not always the spectacular players that BB wants or keeps..in many ways, Spach is the typical lunch pail player that has made the team what it is. As many have said, Evans has not been used at all in TC as a TE and I think it's unwise to use a tackle in that role with an already injured and beatup line. As to finding a comparable TE quickly, that may be true, but they will have to be worked in quickly and I think the team prefers having 3 TEs to prevent that. Stupor may be a TE of the future, but he's not ready to step in. The last few years they have almost always had 3 TEs on the roster, even last year having 3 TEs on the roster 70 percent of the time.

Last edited:
Even the announcers at last game said he looked lazy out there. Why did he sign a contract in the first place.

Good, now he can go back to hating us again.

Props to BB. They cut him sooner rather than later so that he could try to find gainful employment elsewhere in the league.

That's long been part of his style.

It surely helps vets make the decision to come here and compete for jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back