Welcome to PatsFans.com

Manning top ranked QB in playoffs accordng to ESPN "experts"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by dante828, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dante828

dante828 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. cblesz

cblesz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why does this anger you so much? They do this all the time. And like clockwork, Manning exits the playoffs. Look, his numbers are great and that's what they are looking at. Plus, he gets to throw to one of the best receivers in the game.
  3. The Dude

The Dude Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Manning sells. He is a marketing dream. Unfortunately for indy, come January he can't win.
  4. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +340 / 22 / -2

I thought that the article was very well written. There even is some repect for our OL, ranked 4th.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

It angers me....top QB in the playoffs? Tom Brady is 10-1
  6. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

Who cares at this point? Statistically, Manning was better than Brady the last few years with his superior and stable receiving corps, but Brady will always have the intangibles (not to mention the rings) over Manning, and they enter the playoffs with the same record, with the Pats (and Brady) having more momentum. On Sunday at 4:00 p.m. hopefully we can gloat that Brady is clearly the better QB again, no matter what the stat charts say.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  7. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Try "two."
  8. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

too bad he can't play middle linebacker
  9. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What the Brady have to do to get the respect he deserves????? I would love to see Mannings numbers throwing to Caldwell, Brown, Gaffney and Gabriel. Brady has only played with one probowler on offense in his ENTIRE career (Brown in 01)!!!!!

Yeah Manning has great stats, yada yada yada. That is because, the Colts put the bulk of the salary cap into that offense. Most QB's playing with that group, not to mention having 8 games in a dome would do just fine - can you imagine Brady's numbers throwing to that group with that protection not to mention the perfect conditions 8 times a year! If Manning was a great as everyone says he is, couldn't the Colts trust him to do more with less on offense and take some of that coin and put it into their defense like NE does? I would love to see it!

Apparently they don't think Manning can do it without the supporting cast. Manning has only himself to blame in campaigning hard to keep his guys; Harrison, Wayne, Saturday to get top dollar - not to mention himself! All along leaving a huge hole in the defense. He can point fingers all he wants at his defense but he should be pointing right at himself!

Brady on the other hand could have held the Pats over a barrel to be the highest paid QB (after 3 SB's who would have blamed him). He also could have held them over a barrel with Branch. He certainly wasn't happy about Branch, but the Pats trust Brady's leadership and talent enough to know he can still be great with a less than stellar cast. The Pats are damned lucky to have this kid and as I have said on many occasion, I hope Pat fans realize how lucky they are to watch this kid every week. Tom Brady's don't come around too often!

He has won 3 Superbowls for &$#sake! It amazes me he just doesn't seem to get the respect he deserves. I guess in a way it is a good thing because he will always be a 6th round draft pick and driven to prove everyone wrong!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

When the internet has lost track of their old stories they will all write how hard it was to find new superlatives in describing Brady.
  12. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 4 / -3

The funny thing is that the old story on Manning (i.e. he got happy feet, panicked and choked in the playoffs) is now being replaced by a new story. Peyton would win super Bowls but he is saddled with a horrible defense.

They're making him out to be Dan marino, and he's not. marino was saddled with horrible defenses, and Marino never panicked. He chewed his teammates out, but he was clutch, unlike Peyton.
  13. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I keep wondering what it's going to finally take for the media to get off the Manning bandwagon. I'm sick of listening that and the mantra "this should be the Colts year". Jezuz we've been hearing that BS for 5 years now (ok-maybe I exaggerated-but at least 3 years). How long is this going to go on:eek:
    FWIW,Mike and Mike rated the 8 QB's,coaches,and all RB's going into this weekend. Both of them agreed without argument or hesitation that Brady was the #1 QB going in,with BB as the #1 coach.No doubts or arguments there.
    Both easily put Manning into the #2 slot, with Dungy falling somewhere around #4 or 5. Definite lasts were Eli and Coughlin.
    Corey-Lo combo was 3rd (or 4th) among RB's.
  14. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A vintage Peeeeeeeeey-ton playoff completion, complete with reaction:

[​IMG]
  15. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: Classic.
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Just more crap from ESPN, take the d rankings, they have SD ranked higher in every category, DL, LB and DB's, only thing they missed is that we allowed fewer pts than SD, usual lousy analysis by the hype masters from ESPN, I was wondering if Irwin is one of their Scouts.
  17. DB15

DB15 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

what a joke
  18. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What is all this hatred for Peyton? You guys have 3 Super Bowl rings, and he has none. Except for this year, you guys have owned him, and he won't win one this year.

Give the man his props-unlike his brother Eli, the guy has passion, he's studious, and very serious about the game.
  19. lobster

lobster Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Who else is there for top-ranked QB? Manning played a superb game against the Pat's - the accuracy of his throws under pressure was amazing. Brady certainly wouldn't be considered - he's making wild throws even when he has plenty of time to throw.
  20. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +754 / 6 / -11

#75 Jersey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.