PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning blames OL in post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilduce06410 said:
forgive my sorry ***** for asking, but couls somebody provide a likk to "problems with proteection" link?"
I haven't seen a written link yet -- they showed it on the Fox halftime and on NFL Network -- but I am sure tomorrow it will be written about by many.

Peyton's a team player - he blames everyone else on the team but himself.

ilduce06410 said:
forgive my sorry ***** for asking, but couls somebody provide a likk to "problems with proteection" link?"

I saw it too. He said it not just once...but twice within 30 seconds.

Naughty boy, Peyton.

he's right

yup, to some degree, he is correct, the steelers tee-ed off on him all day, where were the adjustments, game plan? Maybe the O-line is not talented enough....dunno, I mean he is kinda right, but he was wrong to call it out at the podium....not cool...

ilduce06410 said:

Bradshaw was ripping him one for it during the half-time show...

ya

Na_polian said:
I think I'll have to cut the Manning boys some slack, since when they were being taught how to be QBs as children, they never learned how to play in the post-season, as it was outside their father's experience... :p

:rofl: :rofl:

Well

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Peyton Manning=Dan Marino.

Marino, while i was not a fan of his, was a class act most of the time! And while never getting a ring, at least he got to the superbowl! PM is nothing short of a disgrace to the NFL!

upstater1 said:
I then Nick Harper choked (you got only one Steeler in front of you, the QB, on a wide open field, you're about to score the game winning TD, and what do you do? You run right at the QB!!! !

What did Assante say after he scored vs Jax when the only one between him and the end zone was the opposing QB (Leftwich)..something like,"if the QB stops me I'll never live it down or hear the end of it."

it'll get worse

mtbykr said:
Marino, while i was not a fan of his, was a class act most of the time! And while never getting a ring, at least he got to the superbowl! PM is nothing short of a disgrace to the NFL!
i do not feel bad for that boy. have no sympathy for his dad either. this reflects on archie too.
his demeanor after losses is unlike anything i can ever remember seeing from a nfl QB. his conduct and apparent statements on the sideline is embarassing.
ol' peyton turns 30 in a couple months. he's a marvelous passer, but he's in danger of developing a mental block about this.

Na_polian said:
I think I'll have to cut the Manning boys some slack, since when they were being taught how to be QBs as children, they never learned how to play in the post-season, as it was outside their father's experience... :p

Very well said...

Classic line:

Rather than try to inspire his Colts when they’re behind, Manning tends to go into a shell and wonder why everybody else is screwing up.

SVN said:
He said "I'm trying to be a good teammate, but we had some problems with protection".

Thats pretty low, you know what's lower..."The refs won the game yesterday". It would take a real low life to state that one.

broncoted said:
Thats pretty low, you know what's lower..."The refs won the game yesterday". It would take a real low life to state that one.

You can stop beating your stupid drum now and go home. The show's over.

Mannings choking on the big stage is an inherited trait I guess.

Peyton should not have called his line like that in the post game press conferences.

The whole Colts team was flat and only have themselves to blame for their post season troubles.

You are who are in this league and the best team always wins the SB.

Peyton is a regular season wonder, but is 3 and 6 in the post-season and Cowhers boys sure got their goat today.

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
yup, to some degree, he is correct, the steelers tee-ed off on him all day, where were the adjustments, game plan? Maybe the O-line is not talented enough....dunno, I mean he is kinda right, but he was wrong to call it out at the podium....not cool...

You'd have to ask those questions of the HC or OC. No wait.....Peyton controls the game plan and calls his own game at the line in case anyone hadn't noticed and makes the protection adjustments. He even controls the kicking team.

He's not kinda right, he's way off base. He has one of the better lines in the league - perhaps today (as usual in the playoffs) he put them in an untenable position because the Steelers confused him like much like a BB team he has historically struggled against.

If he wanted to throw someone under the bus he could have taken a shot at Dungy for perhaps playing right into the rust mode again. That's as good a lame excuse as any, although the fallout from throwing a beloved coach under the bus might not be survivable. Of course if he really had to offer details he could have had the personal integrity to say I'm the multi-million dollar franchise QB and I didn't get it done - the buck stops here.

But that would be so out of character, so un-Manninglike.

choke.jpg

I just have to say that I have always admired Brady but after this weekend, I can honestly say that I believe he is with out a doubt the class act of the NFL. This is a guy who leads by example not by blaming the guys who have busted their butts for him all season when they lose. Funny, I don't see Manning including his lineman in his commercials. Manning has always been the media darling with Brady only getting his due after winning 3 Superbowls. Yes, I was glad Denver won but I honestly came away with renewed respect for the Patriots and more specifically Brady. And what's with Manning defying Dungy when he sent the punting team on and Manning sends them back? To me, that's total disrespect, even if the result is good. I don't see Brady doing that to BB.

Last edited:
Goold old Peyton..

Its allways someone else....Colts lose in the the big game ....again.....I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes