PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tag and trade Vince for a 1st and trade Mankins for a 1st and 3rd and we'd have 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd....that's a lot of rebuilding right there.

Please put the bong down.

Couldn't Light and Kaczur play RG effectively? I'd think it would be a natural.

Then we need a tackle other than Vollmer, and we have two, I think.

What we really need is a center to replace Koppen. Are there any centers who can hold thier position and not be blown backward in the draft?

Tag and trade Vince for a 1st and trade Mankins for a 1st and 3rd and we'd have 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd....that's a lot of rebuilding right there.

Dan Williams
Carlos Dunlap / Brandon Graham
Damien Williams
Mark Tennant
Brandon Spikes

Yep there is the proof I needed to show there is a direct correlation with the popularity of Madden and stupidity on this board.

Have you ever played this game? And I do not mean the video game. Or are you DaBruinz in disguise? I know he's never played the game before. If not maybe you and he are related?

The Pats have a sure fire (almost), cheap way of keeping Mankins by giving him a high tender (in his case 2.7 million). This is what they are going to do. Again anyone signing him would forfeit a 1st and 3rd round draft pick, and teams are not going to do that. It makes no sense to franchise Mankins, when you can keep him for one year at a much lower cost.

Now, IF a new CBA gets approved, then all bets are off, and Mankins is a candidate for both a long term extension or the Franchise tag.

I think that the Pats off-season will start with Vince getting the Franchise tag, you can etch that in stone right now (wether or not, they work out a long term deal, or he plays under the tag is TBA), but Vince is getting the Franchise tag, its a done deal.

Also you can put down in stone that if there is no new CBA, Mankins will get a "High Tender" of 2.79 million. This will lock him up for another year at a low price. If anyone signs him to an offer sheet, the Pats can either match it, or get that teams 1st and 3rd round picks.

Gotskowski will also be a RFA (again, if no new CBA), you can put it down in stone that the Pats will give him a first round tender offer of 2.1 million. Meaning that if someone signs him to an offer sheet, the Pats can match it, or get a first round draft pick from the team theat signs him. (Can we all agree that NOBODY is going to give up a 1st rd pick for a kicker).

These are all football sound, business saavy no-brainer deals. I realize that none of them will sit well with the players, but as Tessisio says, "Its nothing personal, just business"

Last edited:
Also you can put down in stone that if there is no new CBA, Mankins will get a "High Tender" of 2.79 million. This will lock him up for another year at a low price. If anyone signs him to an offer sheet, the Pats can either match it, or get that teams 1st and 3rd round picks.

I think the Pats may put the lowest tender on Mankins, which would mean that if a team signed him they would have to give up just a 1st round pick - I think the Pats would be indifferent between receiving a 1st or keeping Mankins. I don't think anyone would sign Mankins for a 1st but it might be worth it for a team in the bottom 5 or 6 slots in the first round if they think that is their one weakness.

I think the Pats may put the lowest tender on Mankins, which would mean that if a team signed him they would have to give up just a 1st round pick - I think the Pats would be indifferent between receiving a 1st or keeping Mankins. I don't think anyone would sign Mankins for a 1st but it might be worth it for a team in the bottom 5 or 6 slots in the first round if they think that is their one weakness.
The lowest tender is no tender... :confused:

Proper management of the locker room requires NE use the highest RFA tender for Mankins; an All-Pro Guard needs to be treated like an All-Pro Guard. NE can get away with using an RFA Tender and not re-signing him to a multi-year contract, but only if they use the highest tender.

Dan Williams
Damien Williams
Mark Tennant
Brandon Spikes

It's a strange sense of "rebuilding" that has the team trading away Pro-Bowl talent in its prime for draft picks.

It's a strange sense of "rebuilding" that has the team trading away Pro-Bowl talent in its prime for draft picks.

For less than the market value even.

The lowest tender is no tender... :confused:

Proper management of the locker room requires NE use the highest RFA tender for Mankins; an All-Pro Guard needs to be treated like an All-Pro Guard. NE can get away with using an RFA Tender and not re-signing him to a multi-year contract, but only if they use the highest tender.

I agree with BOR (as usual), no way Mankins get anything but the High Tender. Any playoff team would easily sign him for the first round tender (anyone here regret using the 32nd pick in the draft on Mankins?) I doubt Indy, Pittsburg, Philly, etc would either.

Yep there is the proof I needed to show there is a direct correlation with the popularity of Madden and stupidity on this board.

I've never played madden. I would assume you have, probably to the detriment of all other forms of activity. I can see a sweaty 25 year old in his mother's basement, "Not now Mom, I'm playing Madden!".

If you have something to say about the post, say it. Don't just make snide (and completely wrong in this case remarks). It makes you look like a jackass.

Have you ever played this game? And I do not mean the video game. Or are you DaBruinz in disguise? I know he's never played the game before. If not maybe you and he are related?

Yes, I have. But not professionally. I assume you have. I bow to your knowledge, oh, professional football player you. Or were you one of those "I would have played college except for that darn knee injury that kept me on 3rd string in junior varsity, really I would have."

When Kaczur came out it was said he could play any position by some scouts (probably not as knowledgeable as you). Now you say he can't even play guard? Or are you saying he's better at tackle (he's not very good at pass blocking so I don't see how you could be saying that). But I don't know what you mean, as you didn't say ANYTHING, except a gratuitous insult.

It would help if you would say WHAT you disagree with instead of just making snide comments.

I've never played madden. I would assume you have, probably to the detriment of all other forms of activity. I can see a sweaty 25 year old in his mother's basement, "Not now Mom, I'm playing Madden!".

If you have something to say about the post, say it. Don't just make snide (and completely wrong in this case remarks). It makes you look like a jackass.

Fortunately for me, I'll just let your own words reveal who is the true jackass.

Then we need a tackle other than Vollmer, and we have two, I think.

What we really need is a center to replace Koppen. Are there any centers who can hold thier position and not be blown backward in the draft?

Dan Williams
Damien Williams
Mark Tennant
Brandon Spikes

How come the Jets don't like Rhodes? Once upon a time they sang his praises.

What gives?

Definitely. This is the guy who gave up the 83 yard run that sank our season.

Take a 1st and pick Dan Williams of Tennessee. 6'3" 320 and he'd be as good as Wilfork after about 1/2 a season....or play more 4-3, which I think we should do anyway.

Wilfork wants top $, sorry Charlie.

So in summary, let's trade Wilfork and Mankins for 2-3 first round picks and they'll be better off! Brilliant!

Last edited:

Well if they're at the end of their contract and BB doesn't want to overpay for them, then it might happen....I was being a little facetious about having that many picks, but I think BB doesn't want to sign Wilfork to a big money deal. Why? Because he hasn't.

Fortunately for me, I'll just let your own words reveal who is the true jackass.

Yeah, I'm the guy who responded to a post calling the poster stupid and saying he played Madden. That's not too much of a jackass. Or are you saying my post speculating about a possible trade is indicative of a jackass? Yes, anyone who speculates about a trade is a jackass. How dare they! You tell it to them, you all star football GM you.

The rest of my post is probably too accurate. You HAVE played Madden, haven't you? I haven't. Are you a sweaty 25 year old who likes to insult people on message boards with snide comments thereby showing his "superiority"? Well that's exactly what you did, so I assume that's what you are.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm the guy who responded to a post calling the poster stupid and saying he played Madden. That's not too much of a jackass. Or are you saying my post speculating about a possible trade is indicative of a jackass? Yes, anyone who speculates about a trade is a jackass. How dare they! You tell it to them, you all star football GM you.

The rest of my post is probably too accurate. You HAVE played Madden, haven't you? I haven't. Are you a sweaty 25 year old who likes to insult people on message boards with snide comments thereby showing his "superiority"? Well that's exactly what you did, so I assume that's what you are.

I'd apologize, except that I'm right in regard to the stupidity of what you were suggesting they do. There is speculation about a trade, and then there is saying we should trade two of our best players for unproven rookies. It's simply not worth arguing since you can't see that obviously.

And you have so accurately described me it's scary! :D Will you be my GM in madden? I think with your shrewd talent evaluation and trades we can win it all! :rocker:

EDIT: Ma, make me some breakfast and leave it by the basement door!

Last edited:
Can we give up with the squabbling? It's ruining the thread.

And San Angelo, have a bit of respect for other posters, if you read through the board you'd notice Ochmed's opinion (unlike most on this board) is worth listening to. You never know, you might just learn something.

Last edited:

It takes a remarkable lack of self-awareness to not realize that it was not only this poster, but every single poster on this board that is having a laugh at your abject stupidity.

I will say though that this board has gone downhill since your arrival.

Last edited:
While I don't agree with alot that San Angelo has to say I wonder about 1 comment he made.....About Kazcur or Light playing RG....I made the move from playing LT to LG the last 2 seasons of playing semi-pro football and I loved moving inside and thought it was alot easier to play.....If you notice alot of older players that are still effective play C/G and not as many OT's.....It may not be a bad idea to get someone young that could play OT and move one of them to RG......This is all with keeping Mankins at LG though.....

I think that most LG's in the nfl were college LT's. However, for me, RG is different kind of position with a different skill set.

I certainly could see Light moving to LG this year or next, if Mankins is gone. He will NOT be playing RG.

While I don't agree with alot that San Angelo has to say I wonder about 1 comment he made.....About Kazcur or Light playing RG....I made the move from playing LT to LG the last 2 seasons of playing semi-pro football and I loved moving inside and thought it was alot easier to play.....If you notice alot of older players that are still effective play C/G and not as many OT's.....It may not be a bad idea to get someone young that could play OT and move one of them to RG......This is all with keeping Mankins at LG though.....

Last edited:
There was speculation about how to replace Neal last Spring where we discussed Light and Kaczur as Guards should Neal not be retained/retire and/or Mankins receive an RFA offer NE didn't match.

Perhaps you could speak to the potential/issues of possible moves?
-- If Neal retires or is not re-signed:
---- How easy/well would it be for Mankins to move to RG?
---- Ditto for Light to RG?
---- Ditto for Kaczur?
-- If Mankins were flipped to RG, would there be much of a drop off for Light to slide inside to LG?
-- After observing Vollmer at both Tackles this season, would you have a Tackle preference for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News