PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins Deal Finally Appears Closer to Becoming a Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Brewster 2012!!!:rocker:

Only because I'm a homer and a current college student.

BTW - The Phins just signed Pouncey for $9.2MM for 4 years. IIRC he was picked about 3 slots before Solder. If the first round rookies are pretty much slotted, then WTF is taking them so long to get him under contract. No matter how they structure it, the kid is going to get $9MM over 4 years. How hard can that be??????

Thought I would bump this thread since Mankins is now sounding like he thinks a long term deal is doable. He has changed his tune from last season. Said he is here because $10M is a lot of money so he thought he should get right in. Also says he has never had a problem with Robert not did he say he lied to him. Says he and Mr. Kraft have a great relationship...

:singing:

Anyone feel that he was wrong for being so prideful last season and refusing to play? Should have just said he was sorry, suck it up and play football.

Thought I would bump this thread since Mankins is now sounding like he thinks a long term deal is doable. He has changed his tune from last season. Said he is here because $10M is a lot of money so he thought he should get right in. Also says he has never had a problem with Robert not did he say he lied to him. Says he and Mr. Kraft have a great relationship...

:singing:

I heard speculation on the radio that it may have been someone else in the front office he had a problem with, you hear anything to that effect Mo?
Either way, I hope they lock him up for a few years and open a little cap space.

If Mankins doesn't get signed long term....you KNOW what a priority will be next draft...OG-C ..... Get the top dogs and become younger and meaner along the OL...

That being said....Get Logan under a long term deal soon !!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference