PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangenius?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, thanks, I didn't remember that Bradway was GM at the time. Wasn't Tannenbaum some VP or other at the time?

I don't know what his title was, but he was the #2 guy under Bradway and their resident capologist. He was more of a numbers/contract guy than a personnel guy.

Woody Johnson claimed after the Tannenbaum was promoted that he always envisioned to promote him, but I don't buy it. Why would change the GM after you hire the head coach in the same offseason? Typically, the GM is hired/promoted first and then the head coach is hired.

Last edited:
Re: Mangenuis?

The Pats ran primarily a 4-3 defense in 2002. Belichick knew we didn't have the pieces for a 3-4 which he basically realized in the first quarter of the 2001 season. He did try using the 3-4 a little more as the 2002 season went along, but he didn't switch to a 3-4 base until 2003.

Ted Washington will always have an open invitation to all my future birthday parties.

I don't know what his title was, but he was the #2 guy under Bradway and their resident capologist. He was more of a numbers/contract guy than a personnel guy.

Woody Johnson claimed after the Tannenbaum was promoted that he always envisioned to promote him, but I don't buy it. Why would change the GM after you hire the head coach in the same offseason? Typically, the GM is hired/promoted first and then the GM is hired.

For those expecting ManJudas to be fired sometime soon don't hold your breath...

Tannenbaum will resist pulling the trigger on that as long as possible because the second he fires ManJudas the NFL front office will get an anonymous tip about how many times Tannenbaum violated league tampering policies.

Of course, no other NFL GM is likely to put himself in the same position Tannenbaum did, so this is likely ManJudas' last NFL position unless he gets rehired as a ball boy.

Last edited:
Re: Mangenuis?

I remember laughing about this pick on draft day. Fourth overall, ouch. Nothing like passing on Vernon David, Leinart, Ngata, AJ Hawk, etc.
Davis has shown the same thing Brick has: he's athletic and not much else. Leinart has shown that he's not as good as a decrepit Kurt Warner.

The Jets defensive personnel heavily suggests that they should go with a 4-3, moreso than just about any other team in the league, and it's a pretty telling sign that Mangini is going away from that.

The subject of this thread is starting to remind me of meningitis.

//

They shoudl call him Mang(j)ealous or Manliar

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes