PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler - Top 5 CB in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Butler, especially over the last 6-7 games in my opinion has played better than any cb in the league. I know a lot here are laufing our defense, but with him playing at this level we have a chance to neutralize a teams best player.

Top 5 CB:
Chris Harris Jr
Jalen Ramsey
Norman
**** Sherman
M Butler

Last edited:
Other than the gaffe on 4th down, and some perfect throws in the Jets game, Butler has played about as well as humanly possible. He likely won't make the Pro Bowl due to some of the more prominently featured players in the league, but he's playing at an elite level that deserves a long term contract.

Richard Sherman, Patrick Peterson, and Aqib Talib say hi.

I put Sherman in there, Talib is outside the top 5 now (he's a bit slower than he was a couple of years ago), Peterson is overrated (Mathieu is better)

With all the ranting about the defense, imagine it without Butler on the field. I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about it.

I put Sherman in there, Talib is outside the top 5 now (he's a bit slower than he was a couple of years ago), Peterson is overrated (Mathieu is better)

smh....so much disrespect

Butler, especially over the last 6-7 games in my opinion has played better than any cb in the league. I know a lot here are laufing our defense, but with him playing at this level we have a chance to neutralize a teams best player.

Top 5 CB:
Chris Harris Jr
Jalen Ramsey
Norman
**** Sherman
M Butler
Jalen Ramsey and his 3 pass defends this season ahead of a guy who made the greatest defensive play in super bowl history and is on pace for his second consecutive pro bowl season? Hmm [emoji848]

Jalen Ramsey and his 3 pass defends this season ahead of a guy who made the greatest defensive play in super bowl history and is on pace for his second consecutive pro bowl season? Hmm [emoji848]

It wasn't in order. I think Ramsey is elite already.

Jalen Ramsey? uhhhh

You're also missing Marcus Peters.

top 5 only, Peters is good, but he's high risk high reward. He gives up a lot, but creates turnovers. I don't put him in my top 5

I think that the top 10 CBs are very close to each other in ability and Butler is definitely, at least in my opinion, among the 10 best CBs in the league. I hope they sign him long term as I see him as a very important part of this D going forward. His ability as a CB is obviously a big part of that, but the fire he carries with him in his heart is also something this team badly needs. I think he can be a leader on this D.

Right now my top CBs in the NFL

#1 Talib - dude has played lights out the last 2 years and has been healthy.
#2 Peterson - No surprise. Great all around CB
#3 Sherman - improving his overall game and moving around more. His stats are down but i say it is growing pains and he is becoming better for it.

After that I could potentially be talked into Butler but I doubt it. I think he is just outside the top 5. Maybe 7-8-9 when you also factor in run D.

He's right at the tail of the top 10 right now IMO.

Butler is usually shadowing his man closely and can track the ball without drawing a PI...he's also a sure tackler....

He's deserving of a top 5-10 position as far as DB's go......

Right now my top CBs in the NFL

#1 Talib - dude has played lights out the last 2 years and has been healthy.
#2 Peterson - No surprise. Great all around CB
#3 Sherman - improving his overall game and moving around more. His stats are down but i say it is growing pains and he is becoming better for it.

After that I could potentially be talked into Butler but I doubt it. I think he is just outside the top 5. Maybe 7-8-9 when you also factor in run D.

Peterson is great, but he can't play on the inside and has trouble against physical possession receivers.

His exact league ranking is entirely irrelevant to me. He has played well and has been a very good #1 CB for nearly two full seasons now. That's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call