PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Major Gillette renovations planned

One college summer year I worked for the state. We were told to go hide in the woods all day. Played cards. Boring. Was so glad end of summer when an opportunity to actually do something came up. We installed a curb and did several days of actual work.
Sharp contrast to summer when I worked as an unskilled laborer for construction companies. Busted tail.
Sounds like a Pike job, I have a few friends that work or worked for the Pike, they didn't bust azz but they did do some work. Then to top it off they get to retire early with a decent pension.

Mentioned above but, the biggest problem with crowd noise at Gillette is..... the crowd. I legitimately had people behind me TEXT security on us for standing up while the Pats were in redzone in a game a few years ago... you can do this anonymously now. I'm sure everyone on this board is a great fan but our fans kind of suck in terms of gameday. Sure, we fill the stadium and there are alot of good ones, but I see a ton of people sitting the entire game/leaving early/texting on their phone the entire time.

Not gonna change my mind on that one.

All of that said, I think the stadium renovations seems like a solid idea.

Mentioned above but, the biggest problem with crowd noise at Gillette is..... the crowd. I legitimately had people behind me TEXT security on us for standing up while the Pats were in redzone in a game a few years ago... you can do this anonymously now. I'm sure everyone on this board is a great fan but our fans kind of suck in terms of gameday. Sure, we fill the stadium and there are alot of good ones, but I see a ton of people sitting the entire game/leaving early/texting on their phone the entire time.

Not gonna change my mind on that one.

All of that said, I think the stadium renovations seems like a solid idea.
That's just the world we live in. Some times you struggle just to get a partner or kid to come to the game, and if you can't get them to go and want to go alone or with pals you get accused of abandoning the family. Good luck with finally getting them to sign up for going to the game but then saying no phone during the game. It won't happen.

I doubt this problem is unique to our fan base. Just look around at a restaurant. People carry the conversation for a while, then before you know it one person breaks out their phone and then everyone else does too. This particular genie is not going back into the bottle, IMO.

That's just the world we live in. Some times you struggle just to get a partner or kid to come to the game, and if you can't get them to go and want to go alone or with pals you get accused of abandoning the family. Good luck with finally getting them to sign up for going to the game but then saying no phone during the game. It won't happen.

I doubt this problem is unique to our fan base. Just look around at a restaurant. People carry the conversation for a while, then before you know it one person breaks out their phone and then everyone else does too. This particular genie is not going back into the bottle, IMO.
Oh I totally agree... undoubtedly not unique to Patriots. I do feel like there are pro teams that get very fun/rowdy crowds but for some reason Gillette just isnt that...

Oh I totally agree... undoubtedly not unique to Patriots. I do feel like there are pro teams that get very fun/rowdy crowds but for some reason Gillette just isnt that...
Yeah, there definitely is a sense I get that our home fans aren't quite as lathered up as often as other fan bases are, but it's impossible to measure/know that. It does seem we do rise to occasions. The crowd for the Tampa game was fired up!

Hmm, maybe we should play our home games at SoFi Stadium? :D

You’d be surprised how much a large/wide pedestrian bridge would cost in MA, where nothing is done cheaply or on schedule. Those union construction workers aren’t cheap, or efficient. Look at how long it took to widen the stretch of highway near Needham and redo some of the overpasses….about a decade. The longer they stretch out the work, the longer they get paid.
The RT3 widening from the NH State Line to 128 was done AHEAD of schedule and under budget. And that's despite paying the crew bonuses for being ahead of schedule and under budget. It's all about incentives...

Sounds like a Pike job, I have a few friends that work or worked for the Pike, they didn't bust azz but they did do some work. Then to top it off they get to retire early with a decent pension.
Have they taken down the tolls on the Mass Pike yet? I know they promised us they would once it was all paid for....

(yes the above question is a joke. those tolls are there for life)

Kind of makes me sad lol. I always love coming up those steps and seeing the lighthouse and seeing across the field to the opposite Gillette sign in the middle of the upper bowl.

Can they change the stadium so that there isn’t always a different fat guy sitting next to me that takes away half of my space?

They are already giving you a different fat guy each game rather than the same fat guy every game. What more do you want?

Jeez! Pats fans are so entitled! Do you realize that in other stadiums fans have share a fat guy among multiple seats?!?

What's a couple thousand more cars navigating Rt 1 and the parking lots on game day.

200.gif

In fairness, they did remove hundreds of seats for that end zone mosh pit thing.

Surprised that Felger and Mazz hasn't picked up on this and started to spread a theory that the Krafts are enclosing the end zone because they are concerned about Mac Jones being able to throw in the wind.

Best I can tell by the promo video, doesn’t look to be adding any additional seats…

This all sounds good to me:
  • Not adding seats
  • Huge video board
  • Stairs to the second level instead of 4000 ramps
  • An even bigger lighthouse.

Best I can tell by the promo video, doesn’t look to be adding any additional seats…
Yeah, kinda surprised, the video shows people walking around rather than more seats.

Front view was a huge video screen very blurry (maybe intentionally?), the rear was:

1639152893616.png

I did predict they'd move the lighthouse outside the bowl, now a newer bigger one with an observation deck.

I don't see how this makes money, maybe selling ads on the huge screen?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back