PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LPC: My band's show at a Giants bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerAlley.com

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Just a quick story about my band's venture into one of the local "Giants" football bars in my area. I got there real early to set up our equipment and happy hour was still going on. As I came in the front door there was a huge neon Giants sign in the window. Ive seen small ones from other teams, but not one this size. I had Patriots jacket, hat, gloves and jersey on. I walked in the bar to see if the stage was clear and the reaction was just like one of those old commercials: People stopped talking to stare at me, some people boo'd, some people yelled some insults. It was all pretty funny until some big dude, who was drunk, yelled right in my face how the Patriots were "going down".

I was worried how my band was going to be accepted that night because of me. "Luckily" my band has 3 giants fans in it. So I told them they would have other people to share the Giant glory with.

As more people came in, they would see me on stage setting up and shove misc Giants stuff in my face. It was pretty annoying except for one hot brunette that showed me her "Giant" bedroom picture on her cell phone.

When the band started playing, the bar was mobbed and thankfully they were very receptive of the band. The bass player and guitarist both had Giants stuff on. During the second set I broke out my Patriots baseball cap that has the moving light Patiots logo on it. It was greeted with a hardy round of BOO's. Overall the show was a lot of fun even though the Giants fans were a little over bearing.

It amazes me how many Giants fans have come out of the woodwork around here. I sure hope they have little to cheer about Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents