PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lowered Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have Talib and Kelly back by that point and when you get in the playoffs, all bets are off anyway.

It's probably a bad sign when your two main receivers that can stay healthy both have names that rhyme with drop.

Getting Vereen, Talib and Kelley will make a big difference. But they need more..like a healthy Amendola...

I guess the Ravens should have given up last year

along with the Packers 3 years ago too

We're still favored to win the division. We're still favored to win at least 10 games. Things haven't changed much in this regard in ten years. As we must know by now, anything can happen in the playoffs.

How strong we are at playoff times depends a lot on injuries, both those recovering and any future injuries. I think that we are a strong team if everyone is healthy. The offense would add Amendola, Vereen and Washington. The defense would add Talib, Kelly and perhaps even Armstead. In addition, many of our rookies are getting better by the day, as they get more experience.

For me, I expected 11-5 (as I have since 2004) and I still expect 11-5.

I think that the offense is about where we should expect them to be. They could get much better.

The defense is better than most expected, even with the losses.

Our special teams are really special (except at KR). We have a top kicker, punter, punt returner and gunner. (Welcome back Slater!).

Brady has played 7 games without his projected top pass catchers and we are 5-2..over the next few weeks we have Gronkowski shaking off the rust/getting better, Amendola, vereen and Talib coming back. if we can stay relatively healthy down the stretch we can definitely make a run at it

We should have Talib and Kelly back by that point and when you get in the playoffs, all bets are off anyway.

Zackly, I want to see what this offense is like when Vereen and Amendola are back with Gronk. I also feel Austin Collie will play a role. Best man survives between Thompkins and Dobson in the battle for PT.

On defense, in our 4-2-5 Spikes and Hightower can handle lb. Money is a helluva motivator. And, that's what Spikes is playing for. I'm hoping Kelly can finish the season strong. We have 4 guys to rotate in Vince's spot. Vellano, Pusher, Fortson and Armstead. Different game yesterday if Talib is out there on Hill and Dennard on Curley.

If we're the 2-3 seed, there's a chance you may not even have to play Denver to win the AFC. KC wins west. Denver goes in as wild-card. Beats the 4 seed. We need to beat out Cincy and Indy. Play the 3 seed at home. If KC knocks off Denver, we don't even face Manning. If they don't, Denver comes to NE. Hopefully, in a blizzard.

Getting Kelly back and hoping that Armstead is something spectacular is what I am hanging my hat on. I'm banking on the O getting some momentum once Vereen is back and Dante settles down the sporadic performance of the OL.

Guys, its gonna take 1 week for the offense to suddenly click. Until that happens, we are gonna have these kinds of wins and maybe losses. This offense has flashes of how dominant it can be. It's just gonna be a matter of time until it just clicks.

This time last year, the Ravens were too decimated by injuries to make a run.

On December 4th 2011, the Giants were 6-6 and unlikely to make the playoffs.

In 2010, the Green Bay Packers were 4-3 and decimated by injuries.

In today's NFL, it isn't the best teams in October, November, and December who win Super Bowls. It is who gets hot in the playoffs.

As of right now, the only two players definitely won't be back in Mayo and Wilfork. Gronk should be a lot better and Vereen will be back. Amendola may be 100% by the playoffs. This team could be better than it has been all season going into late December/early January.

IMO this Pats team is too decimated with injuries to make a legitimate run. My goals for the team for the rest of the season are to:

1. Play competitive games that are fun to watch
2. Don't suffer anymore catastrophic injuries
3. Rookie development - WRs to gel with Brady, continued development by Jones, Hightower (calling the Defense), Ryan and Harmon becoming NFL tested in the secondary, and Vellano and Chris Jones possibly developing into viable rotational DTs.

Call me a loser, but the way I see it is every loss puts us in a better position draft-wise for 2014.

Since you said it, nothing for me to add.

This thread is the biggest joke. Sure let's throw in the towel at 5-2 atop of the division. Don't be a ****.

IMO this Pats team is too decimated with injuries to make a legitimate run. My goals for the team for the rest of the season are to:

3. Rookie development - WRs to gel with Brady, continued development by Jones, Hightower (calling the Defense), Ryan and Harmon becoming NFL tested in the secondary, and Vellano and Chris Jones possibly developing into viable rotational DTs.

Call me a loser, but the way I see it is every loss puts us in a better position draft-wise for 2014.

This was a week ago, by the way. Did you quit before this game?

Week 6: Saints @ Patriots Highlights - YouTube

Some here are the most spoiled and ridiculous fans I've ever seen.

Giving up on a 5-2, first place team? Seriously?

Things aren't great right now, we have key injuries in a lot of areas, but only 2 aren't coming back. Last time I checked, the Patriots won superbowls without Jerod Mayo, and Vince Wilfork. They will be missed, but this is a TEAM sport.

This TEAM has been in a position to win all of it's games thus far, and came up short in only 2. If anyone here has played this game on any level, then you would know that every season has ups and downs.

Tommy K will be back, Talib will be back, Shane-o will be back.

Relax.

I have to agree , just WAY too many injuries. Our 3 best defensive players plus a valuable DT in Kelly all missing. Imagine the Jet's defense without Wilkerson, David Harris and Cromartie. We would have killed them. That's basically what we were/are missing. And with only Talib and Kelly POSSIBLY coming back in the next few weeks, losing Wilfork and Mayo for the year is devastating. I'm not even sure we win the division or make the playoffs, let alone go far in the playoffs. Draft wise, we have to go all O-line and D-line in no specific order. Our O-line can't stop a good pass rush, and our D-line needs to draft Wilfork's eventual replacement AND another pass rusher. Both reasons are why the offense has been inept, not enough time for Brady against good pass rushes, and no pass rush from our D-line when it matters most.

This is the worst thread I have ever read on this board. OP should be ashamed of himself.

I will call you a loser. Only a loser gives up on a Belichick/Brady team when they are 5-2.

Leave it to Pats fans to throw in the towel on our SB hopes when we are 5-2. Not surprising. We don't look like a SB team right now but there's plenty of time for that to change. Remember when we lost to the Browns in 2010 and half the people here had proclaimed the season over? We played dominant the rest of the season though we choked in the playoffs.

I hope you crawl back into your shell when the Patriots are near the top by the end of the season.

The 2004 team was decimated by injuries too. The team's SB chances have definitely taken a beating, but stranger things have happened and we still should take the AFCE. From there, who knows what could happen. Giving up this early in the season is just ridiculous.

I feel like I have my expectations set properly. After what happened with hernandez I don't think this is a superbowl winning team but I think taking the AFC east is eminently doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News