PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lots of new posters....

Status
Not open for further replies.
F.B.N. said:
He was serious....we don't whine around here. We may complain, we have many different opinions, no one here is afraid to stand their ground....But we don't whine...this is business.
QUOTE]

You do need a thick skin here and a whole bunch of facts, for those of you who feel that this forum is too intense might want to look at the KFFL or Pats Planet board, they tend to be warmer and fuzzier than most of the folk here.

Last edited:
I have nothing but respect for the cadre of hard-core posters on this board, who are an extraordinarily intelligent and dedicated group, and who probably should be candidates for the Patriot's coaching or scouting staff, at least some of them. I'm not going to list them for fear of leaving someone out, but they have taught me a lot about the game and about my team and their generosity is very impressive.

I do a lot more lurking here than posting, and I recommend that to the new visitors. The level of the discussion--at least most of the time--is at a very high intellectual level. If you become a regular reader, you will find yourself looking at the game in a whole new way. And you will post with caution, because people will remember you and you will establish a reputation of your own. What that reputation is, is up to you.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
This is all getting hilarious :)

We don't whine around here... apart from people talking about taking a holiday from the board because of all the nasty new threads, and others all but saying they wish nobody new was allowed to join.

'This is business'

Oh the drama.

Relax Oldy....that was tongue-in-cheek reference to our lost FA's... :D

Mainefan said:
I have nothing but respect for the cadre of hard-core posters on this board, who are an extraordinarily intelligent and dedicated group, and who probably should be candidates for the Patriot's coaching or scouting staff, at least some of them. I'm not going to list them for fear of leaving someone out, but they have taught me a lot about the game and about my team and their generosity is very impressive.

I do a lot more lurking here than posting, and I recommend that to the new visitors. The level of the discussion--at least most of the time--is at a very high intellectual level. If you become a regular reader, you will find yourself looking at the game in a whole new way. And you will post with caution, because people will remember you and you will establish a reputation of your own. What that reputation is, is up to you.

According to my 'rep icon' I still have no reputation!! After all these years! Ahh the humanity!

Reactions: Ian
GJAJ15 said:
F.B.N. said:
He was serious....we don't whine around here. We may complain, we have many different opinions, no one here is afraid to stand their ground....But we don't whine...this is business.
QUOTE]

You do need a thick skin here and a whole bunch of facts, for those of you who feel that this forum is too intense might want to look at the KFFL or Pats Planet board, they tend to be warmer and fuzzier than most of the folk here.

:eat3: Free Booze over there? :eat2:
:woohoo:
Maybe we need to talk to Ian about a KEG

keg.JPG

For clicking all the links?

Brownfan80 said:
According to my 'rep icon' I still have no reputation!! After all these years! Ahh the humanity!

I have a "GREEN" rep...whew!!!
Guess nobody was looking when I was lurking in the
:eek: Political Forum(no more) and when I was the "BSAMSON CLONES.:eek:
:violent:​

Last edited:
Mainefan said:
the cadre of hard-core posters on this board, who are an extraordinarily intelligent and dedicated group, and who probably should be candidates for the Patriot's coaching or scouting staff

That's pushing it a lttle...

Mainefan said:
The level of the discussion--at least most of the time--is at a very high intellectual level.

Now you've pushed it all the way over the edge...Bwa ha ha ha ha

This ain't the Son's of Sam Horn

Thank God

cdillon28 said:
Are you guys serious??? This is a sports messageboard for the love of all. How dare you take it at anything more than what it is.
If you are so passionate why don't you put on a military uniform go across the Atlantic into the Middle East and fight for your country. That is something to be this passionate about not a sports messageboard! you guys need to put this into perspective, and look at how you're acting! Very juvenille. I would expect somthing like this from my 10 year old son and his friends not grown Men! :enranged:

Please tell me you're joking around? For the most part we are all Pats Fans just some of us with different opinions that's all.

Listen, if you don't like it, then leave. But don't expect us to cowtow to you because you served in the military. I respect your decision and its a selfless one. However, that service doesn't give you Carte Blanche to come in here and insult people. Nor does it give you the right to spew ignorance and have it accepted as fact.

Its pretty friggin arrogant of you to throw your military service in the faces of people on here. You don't know their backgrounds or if there is any medical condition that would prevent them from joining the military.

You know what is ironic. You sit there in another thread and talk about the "Old Guard" posters should learn about democracy, yet you come in here and tell us that we shouldn't be passionate about a sports team. Last I looked, a democracy allowed that passion to exist. And that same democracy allows us to focus that Passion wherever we choose.

Yes, its a sports message board. But its one of the best around because of the people on it. Its our passion that has driven us to learn as much as we can about the game and to try and expand that knowledge to others and to learn from those who clearly know more than we do.

On a personal note, I think its pretty frigging insulting of you to throw your military service in the faces of others. Its that sort of attitude that you have that takes away from the GOOD the military does. And, before you flap your trap, I have MANY MANY friends who are in the military and have gone to Iraq. And none of them takes the attitude that you have chosen.

cdillon28 said:
Hey Patsri, I'm feeling the love there. I think you really like me. Go ahead you can say it :D

-As for CrazyDave I don't dislike you. hey it's wimps like you that I have to protect when I'm called on for my tour of duty in Iraq. No Harm no Foul
whoo-rah

Well, I hate to break the news to you, but you are not protecting ME by being over there.
i don't dislike you either, I just think you're an ignorant moron.
Call me a whimp, that's fine. I'm not getting into a bunch of internet tough guy stuff with you. That jarhead crap does'nt impress me. Idiot.

Brownfan80 said:
I see you talking but all I hear is :blahblah:
blah blah blah blah.

If this was as free a message board as people like to think there'd be no one with 'banned' over their heads. IT'S A DICTATORSHIP, ALL HEIL IAN!

Come on now Brownfan80, we only ban people when it's really necessary :cool3:

Ian

Let's settle down. I'm going to lock this thread as it's heading in the wrong direction. Let's try and move on to something more productive, as there's no good that can come from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3