PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's absolutely no doubt it could've been done. As we know, Belichick doesn't believe that was the right move, and he seems to stick to a core group of values as it pertains to managing the salary cap.

In the end, it's possible that both sides could be right. It is possible that we may have returned to the SB again in the next 1-2 years with Revis' talent, while also sacrificing some other parts of the team in the bigger picture.

Law got hurt in Week 7 during 04. We won that one without him.

It's still a year with him on the team. If we're going to play "looking back" and start pimping all those players in the O.P. (Mayo and his $6+ mil was out for much of last season, for example), while ignoring the way Miguel showed how the team could have fit Revis in under the cap, we're counting everything.

It's still a year with him on the team. If we're going to play "looking back" and start pimping all those players in the O.P. (Mayo and his $6+ mil was out for much of last season, for example), while ignoring the way Miguel showed how the team could have fit Revis in under the cap, we're counting everything.

Don't move the goal posts. Law didn't play in the 2nd half of the year. Or, the playoffs. We won without him. I'd say we won it without Mayo too if you're curious.

Don't move the goal posts. Law didn't play in the 2nd half of the year. Or, the playoffs. We won without him. I'd say we won it without Mayo too if you're curious.

I didn't move any goalposts. You tried to add a qualifier, and I didn't accept it. There's a difference.

My post was, and is, perfectly valid. Four Lombardis in 5 seasons with a Law/Revis level CB paired with Brady.

I didn't move any goalposts. You tried to add a qualifier, and I didn't accept it. There's a difference.

My post was, and is, perfectly valid. Four Lombardis in 5 seasons with a Law/Revis level CB paired with Brady.

Technically, Brady and Law were on the team in 2000. So, 4/6. I can be just as big a clown.

Technically, Brady and Law were on the team in 2000. So, 4/6. I can be just as big a clown.

2000 was Bledsoe's team, and you've been clowning yourself plenty of late. This is no different.

Not according to my roster.

I don't care about your roster. I care slightly about you apparently not knowing what moving the goalposts is, when you falsely accuse me of it. That's all the care I can really muster for your posts in this thread.

I don't care about your roster. I care slightly about you apparently not knowing what moving the goalposts is, when you falsely accuse me of it. That's all the care I can really muster for your posts in this thread.

How can you give someone credit for winning a Super Bowl when they missed the last 10 games and playoffs? Does Trent Green get credit for the Rams first Super Bowl? After all, he tore his knee up allowing
Kurt Warner to step in and win it all.

This 1-year signing worked out for both sides. I am more ticked off that they let Deon Branch go and lost that AFCCG to the Colts. That was the one that got away.

How can you give someone credit for winning a Super Bowl when they missed the last 10 games and playoffs? Does Trent Green get credit for the Rams first Super Bowl? After all, he tore his knee up allowing
Kurt Warner to step in and win it all.

5 seasons with the Brady Patriots and a Law/Revis level CB - 4 Lombardis.... It is what it is.

But thank goodness they got rid of that sort of dynamic, because it might have kept the team from bringing in Dane Fletcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results