PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking back at our trades with the Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
if seymour, was still in the line up i would have no problem saying the pats will be a top 5 defense this year. maybe that pick turns into a impact player. but right now im not sold on it yet.

yes they give up a 3rd for burgess, but lets go through some 3rd round picks by BB

2001 Brock Williams, never made the team and was out of the NFL the next year.

2004 Guss Scott, 37 tackels in 2 years and was out of the NFL after that.

2005 Nick Kaczur, yes he started 49 games but he is not very good.

2006 David Thomas, ok for the saints sucked for the pats.

2008 Shawn Crable, has been put on IR the last 2 years. Kevin O'Connell, was cut the next year.

2009. Brandon Tate, returned 4 kicks and was put on IR. Tyrone McKenzie, was put on IR befor the season.

im not giveing up on Tate, or McKenzie, i still think they could be good players and to some point i still have hope for Crable,

but the fact is BB has never drafted anyone in the 3rd round that has realy helped this team i no there is no reason to beleve that this year that pick would not have been some impact player. but my point is im not that down on burgess, yes he never turned into that pass rusher we was hopeing he would be. but he did help free up TBC on a few of he's sacks.

I didn't mind the Seymour trade simply from the standpoint that if you are getting rid of Vrable, Bruschi, and Harrison you're basically saying we are turning this over to the kids. I would think that they had as an organization shifted the focus to trying to put a new nucleus on the field and Seymour was going to be too expensive/old to be a part of that so why not get something for him.

We totally could have used him this season but I look at it like throwing money in your 401K. Would that extra money in your paycheck help you right now? Sure, but how much nicer will it be to retire 5 years earlier?

I only read the first page, but Randy Moss XXX 4 round

We totally could have used him this season but I look at it like throwing money in your 401K. Would that extra money in your paycheck help you right now? Sure, but how much nicer will it be to retire 5 years earlier?

Excellent analogy. Would probably be better understood on a foreign website, however. Unfortunately, Americans don't save, and putting off immediate gratification is not part of our culture.

I advise teaching our children Mandarin, Cantonese or Hindi - - - and rooting for the forward thinking New England Patriots! (BTW, interesting how the Patriots were the first American franchise with a Chinese website - - as Gretzky said "Others skate to where the puck is now, I skate to where the puck will be").

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News