Looking at the other AFC East games this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A Look at our rivals this weekend

Once again no AFC East head to head clashes this week and ALL teams are in for tough battles and none of the games look like a likely win or loss

Miami at Cincinnati- So far Miami has been a great team on the road (3-0) and miserable at home (0-3) - This is a game where the road streak could end,Cincy played horrible for 2 1/2 quarters and then suddenly caught fire in Atlanta and almost won the game.

I think this game is going to be very close but I see Cincinnati continuing the momentum from last weeks 4th quarter comeback which fell short and putting in an all out 4 quarters effort

CINCINNATI WINS - Cincinnati 30 Miami 21

Green Bay at NY Jets - Jets are on a roll like the Pats and if not for the slimmest of defeats to the Ravens they could still be unbeaten.

Earlier in the year before Green Bay starting getting bombarded with injuries,I saw GB beating NY since GB as a healthy team is more talented across the board than the Jets,especially at QB, but too many injuries to thier team and with NY playing top notch right now,the Jets will prevail in a low scoring affair,it will be the Jets defense making a play to seal the game.

NY JETS WIN - Jets 17 Packers 13

Buffalo at Kansas City - Usually the Bills I never mention because they are irrelevant but since KC is a team that could have a say in Playoff seedings I think this game is mentionable

The Patriots of the West division seem like they are on a mission to run away with the division and Jamaal Charles is running like Marcus Allen - The Bills are at the bottom of the NFL in stopping the run and KC is at the top in rushing stats - not good news for Bills fans

CHIEFS WIN - Kansas City 24 Buffalo 10

With my prediction of a Patriots win over Minnesota 27-24, I see the division looking like this by sunday night

NY Jets 6-1
New England 6-1
Miami 3-4
Buffalo 0-7

Your thoughts on this weeks independent AFC East games???

Last edited:
Your thoughts on this weeks independent AFC East games???

Interesting analysis.

Miami at Cincinnati

Two very evenly matched teams in my eyes. Dolphins are scoring 18.5 points per game (342 YPG) while giving up 22.5 points per game (317 YPG). Compare this with the Bengals who are scoring 22 points per game (371 YPG) and allowing 23.5 (340 YPG) points per game.

What I believe the difference will be is turnovers. The Dolphins are -3 on the season where the Bengals are +3. I think the Bengals take it in a close win at home.

Buffalo at Kansas City

Kansas City is 4-2. Buffalo is 0-6. KC wants to be contenders and have been playing well. KC should fend off Buffalo rather easily but, as we all know, any given Sunday.

Green Bay at NY Jets

I've hated the Jets for about as long as I can remember. However, one cannot deny that the Jets are playing some good football. Further, they are coming off a bye and will be prepared for an injured Green Bay team.

I'll be rooting for Green Bay, but I see the Jets winning this one.

Miami would finish between 7-9 and 9-7 regardless of their schedule. They play to the level of their competition. Cincy is desperate to win, but they also suck. Carson Palmer really sucks. I'll take Miami because Cincy sucks.

Not sure about KC and Buffalo. Gun to my head, I'll go with KC. Wouldn't be surprised either way. With Matt Cassell at QB, they are capable of losing to anyone. I'll take KC because Buffalo sucks worse than KC (who also sucks, but they'll ride their momentum.)

I think the Jets take the Packers to the woodshed in a statement game. Have no fear, it's still early in the season. The Jets will probably get their SI Cover and you'll start hearing Mark Sanchez for MVP talk. Just grin and bear it right now; the Jets' defense has quietly sunk from hands-down the best in the league to a little above average. I don't see Sanchez beating Manning, Brady, or Roethlisberger in an elimination game. He'd probably need to beat two of them. That's a tough task for anyone, let alone an entitled, overhyped game manager.

I agree that the Pats game will be close, but you should take Pats at home until they lose. Brady's 23 game streak will end sometime, but it won't be to a team that is coming apart at the seams. I think the Pats will take this one and beat Cleveland, but they'll be challenged severely by Pittsburgh and Indianapolis. If they come out of this stretch at 8-2, things will be looking very bright.

The Jets will probably get their SI Cover and you'll start hearing Mark Sanchez for MVP talk. Just grin and bear it right now
I think we'll soon be inundated with much more than just that. On of the national sites, SI I believe, has been talking about Tomlinson for MVP. Talk of Ryan for coach of the year and Tannenbaum for exec of the year can't be far away. And one of the New York papers has already had multiple columns on a 'subway series' Super Bowl between the Jets and Giants (didn't we hear the same thing a year or two ago?); I'm sure it won't be long until the national media starts saying the same thing.

Can't really put the dolphins down too much for 0-3 at home when they have faced the 3 best teams in the league, jets,patriots, & steelers. Although they should of beaten pittsburgh :cool:. Bills lose, hopefully packers beat the jets and I think bengals get a much needed win over the fins.

Like someone above said, Cincinnati sucks, Miami wins.

I think Buffalo will get it's first win of the year.

Jets win a time of possession ball game. Great run game versus poor run defense.

The Pats game is a toss-up. Harvin scares the %&#@! out of me.

I'm sure I'm late, and I'm OT but your sig is effin hillarious. Describes that team perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes