PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOLphins giving up on Chad Henne, now, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when the team leadership takes its cues from the fans. If the Pats organization took cues from Pats fans, half would be committing hari kari today.

Henne's decent enough to make the Phins respectable if they keep a good defense. If they get rid of him and go with Thigpen, the Pats and Jest will be very grateful.

Last edited:
Vic Carucci said on WEEI before the season started that Parcells wasn't happy with Henne. Other than smoking the Jets' defense, he really hasn't done much this season to disuade Parcells' concerns.

LOL. :rofl:

The only thing sweeter than demoralizing the phins will be doing the same to the Jets in december

Chad Henne isn't taking them to the promised land. But then again, neither is Tyler Thigpen...or ultimately Noodle. I think they miscalculated on Henne. He's the guy I saw at Michigan who had some tools but didn't have it. But if they bail on him 4 games into this season they won't even make .500... Things could be worse, just ask the Cardinals... Personally I think Baltimore is in the same boat, only they have a better D as long as Ray is still suiting up...NY is in a similar predicament although Sanchise has charisma and Rex's charisma fueled D going for him. When the going gets tough or the cap catches up to the JETS Sanchise won't be able to carry that offense. I think a lot of FO's took hope from Eli managing to grind out a ring almost in spite of his shortcomings. Thing is it takes one hell of a D and a boatload of luck. Similar to what we parlayed into a dynasty in 2001, although Brady is an intangibles freak and he had the capacity to grow into a whole lot more and that is something Bill and Charlie were convinced of even then. Not sure any of the current wannabes have that unique set of intangibles or the other Manning's skillset... or Brees touch of both. But in the NFL fan bases and coaching staffs and mediots looking for the next compelling storyline live and hope...and prematurely overhype.

bad sources ya'll

Coach Sparano laughs off report of QB change

Henne
Dolphins coach Tony Sparano laughed off a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, saying the team has no plans to make a change at quarterback "right now."
Sparano defended Henne's play Monday night, saying, "This guy threw 10 incompletions ... Thought he had a hell of a day." He also added that he sees "progress in a lot of areas" with Henne. Mortensen had reported that the Dolphins could turn to Chad Pennington before eventually going to Tyler Thigpen, but that appears, at least for now, to be premature. Oct. 5 - 11:46 am et
Source: Mike Berardino on Twitter

What happened to all the Super Bowl talk?

Henne does not look like the answer but neither does Thigpen. Thigpen can move around, but he makes poor decisions and overthrows too much. Fins should tank the season and draft Jake Locker.

Yeah, and Singletary gave Ray the supportive kiss of death just before he fired him...

They haven't been happy with Henne all off season and pre season. Mort gets his insider info from the "consultant"... I think Bill is at the point of letting them hang themselves on the rope he provided them all as a lifeline, if that is what they are intent on doing. He sets you up and then backs off and if you succeed he identified and developed you and if you fail that's on you...

I tried telling Phins fans all offseason that Henne wasn't a good QB. When your GM is disappointed, then something is wrong.

I work up at Sports Authority up in Delray Beach, FL. Henne is going to be there signing autographs from 6-8 lol. Maybe I should ask him to sign my Welker jersey

I work up at Sports Authority up in Delray Beach, FL. Henne is going to be there signing autographs from 6-8 lol. Maybe I should ask him to sign my Welker jersey

Get a Ninkovitch or Chung jersey. It is more appropriate.

bad sources ya'll

Coach Sparano laughs off report of QB change

Henne
Dolphins coach Tony Sparano laughed off a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, saying the team has no plans to make a change at quarterback "right now."
Sparano defended Henne's play Monday night, saying, "This guy threw 10 incompletions ... Thought he had a hell of a day." He also added that he sees "progress in a lot of areas" with Henne. Mortensen had reported that the Dolphins could turn to Chad Pennington before eventually going to Tyler Thigpen, but that appears, at least for now, to be premature. Oct. 5 - 11:46 am et
Source: Mike Berardino on Twitter

Word down here in SOFLA is that Henne has trouble, for whatever reason, taking the snap and finding the safeties. I didn't see it before, but I saw it last night when he completely lost track of Pat Chung and threw it right to him. He looked downright baffled out there. If he's having trouble making reads and finding the safeties, then that doesn't bode well for his future in the NFL. Sure, Sparano is laughing it off right now. But if he has another couple of games like he did last night, I'm sure Pennington will be warming up on the sidelines.

Word down here in SOFLA is that Henne has trouble, for whatever reason, taking the snap and finding the safeties. I didn't see it before, but I saw it last night when he completely lost track of Pat Chung and threw it right to him..

While he definitely lost track of Chung, it probably wouldn't have mattered if Marshall hadn't just stopped. Marshall was inside of Chung, and would have had a clear path to the ball.

Thats what a little bit of pressure does... Qbs press and make mistakes.

Word down here in SOFLA is that Henne has trouble, for whatever reason, taking the snap and finding the safeties. I didn't see it before, but I saw it last night when he completely lost track of Pat Chung and threw it right to him. He looked downright baffled out there. If he's having trouble making reads and finding the safeties, then that doesn't bode well for his future in the NFL. Sure, Sparano is laughing it off right now. But if he has another couple of games like he did last night, I'm sure Pennington will be warming up on the sidelines.

To defend Henne, whom I've been down on from the beginning, that pick happened because Marshall pulled up. Henne called it a miscommunication. From looking at the play, it seems that Henne is being kind enough not to call Marshall out. Marshall clearly had position and would have been in position to make the catch if he hadn't stopped.

NFL Game Center: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins - 2010 Week 4

To defend Henne, whom I've been down on from the beginning, that pick happened because Marshall pulled up. Henne called it a miscommunication. From looking at the play, it seems that Henne is being kind enough not to call Marshall out. Marshall clearly had position and would have been in position to make the catch if he hadn't stopped.

yeah...still don't understand why he stopped in mid route...but then I don't understand why the "How Many Td's And Yardage Is Marshall Gonna Torch Us For?" thread isn't even an active topic today....after all, that 5 catch, 50 yard performance was STRIKING from the "best WR in the league"(his own words, not mine)

I agree on that, but on the Ninkovich interception (he's not a safety, I know) you can see what the local media pundits down here are talking about.

I think Henne has what it takes to be a good QB in the NFL. Last night definitely wasn't his best game but that's part of developing. Remember what happened to our young secondary the two weeks prior to this last one?

And over that time period, probably just as many 1st round picks have been wasted on QBs.

Yeah, but not by one team. :D

Word down here in SOFLA is that Henne has trouble, for whatever reason, taking the snap and finding the safeties. I didn't see it before, but I saw it last night when he completely lost track of Pat Chung and threw it right to him. He looked downright baffled out there. If he's having trouble making reads and finding the safeties, then that doesn't bode well for his future in the NFL. Sure, Sparano is laughing it off right now. I'm sure Pennington IS warming up on the sidelines.

FYPFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back