PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions trade LB Kyle Van Noy (& 7th) to Patriots for 6th round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have really mixed emotions about this deal. I was a Lions fan first then became a Pats fan some time after the team started up. Van Noy has been a big bust from day 1. I think he has been on the injured list for more games than he has been available to play. The Lions are down to 3 or 4 LB now so that's the only reason he is playing. Perhaps part of the problem maybe is he is not a 4-3 LB.
About all the Lions fans have been after his release along with Ebron and Pettigrew. The Lions should have thrown them in too.
Now that he is a Patriot i'm hoping he finds new life.
But in the end what do the Pats have to lose. They traded a 6th round pick for the Lions 7th round and they get this guy.

I don't mind this trade at all. 6th and 7th rounders are really all in the same pot to me. Pick them up along with UDFAs and on rare occasion you will get lucky. I doubt there is a big difference on the whole to the chances of hitting on a pick in the 6th vs the 7th. The 5th round though i think a large drop off to the 4th is still above these 2 rounds a bit.

Ziggy is another guy that showed a lot of promise but has now been invisible. He's had some injury issues. I hope the Pats have some extra whirlpools avail for Van Noy because they will need it

Van Noy is yet another Lions second-round draft pick that didn’t work out ... He had 21 tackles and never quite made the splash plays Detroit had drafted him for.

Sounds familiar? Same like with Mingo .. when high draft pick doesn't bring everything one expected and fills that role & “make a splash" .. they don't have the patience to use him in a smaller yet productive possibly important role.

And here's what BB is probably seeing:

He was highly touted out of BYU as a player who had a knack for forcing turnovers and making big plays with 26 career sacks, 11 forced fumbles and seven interceptions.

_
New scheme might bring out best in newly acquired LB Kyle Van Noy

If the author feels that Van Noy is better-suited as a 3-4 OLB, then why is he here?

image.png

Meh. Still would, but not really seeing it

Yeah... she's ugly.

16118-sarcasm-meter.jpg

Ha. Pegged it! :)

I have really mixed emotions about this deal. I was a Lions fan first then became a Pats fan some time after the team started up. Van Noy has been a big bust from day 1. I think he has been on the injured list for more games than he has been available to play. The Lions are down to 3 or 4 LB now so that's the only reason he is playing. Perhaps part of the problem maybe is he is not a 4-3 LB.
About all the Lions fans have been after his release along with Ebron and Pettigrew. The Lions should have thrown them in too.
Now that he is a Patriot i'm hoping he finds new life.
But in the end what do the Pats have to lose. They traded a 6th round pick for the Lions 7th round and they get this guy.

The team moved a half round in the late draft for a backup LB who has started in this league, and was drafted highly. How bad can this be? Van Noy is certainly worth a future 7th for someone who might be a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe