PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Line of Scrimmage- BEATEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We can talk about many things about last nights game that went bad.

However, the most important thing is that we were beat at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. If that happens, you usually lose.

We can talk about Corey being out, questionable ref calls and no calls, Brady not playing well, and the WR's.

But the fact is we got beat at the LOS and nothing else really matters after that.

I'll go halfway with you -- the OL lost the battle at the LOS and that was the reason for the horrible running game. Denver's DL slashed through the middle of the OL too many times to count, busting up the running plays and taking Maroney down in the backfield.

OTOH, the DL looked good most of the time. I disagreed with some of the defensive play-calling. When the Pats let up big plays, it's on blitzes. They do best with a 3 or 4-man rush and heavy coverage on 3rd down passing plays.

Watching the game on TV, I can't tell if receivers are open, but I'm tired of the knee-jerk reaction that 'brady doesn't have the weapons.' I'd like to see proof rather than conjecture and theory.

PatsFan37 said:
I'll go halfway with you -- the OL lost the battle at the LOS and that was the reason for the horrible running game. Denver's DL slashed through the middle of the OL too many times to count, busting up the running plays and taking Maroney down in the backfield.

OTOH, the DL looked good most of the time. I disagreed with some of the defensive play-calling. When the Pats let up big plays, it's on blitzes. They do best with a 3 or 4-man rush and heavy coverage on 3rd down passing plays.

Watching the game on TV, I can't tell if receivers are open, but I'm tired of the knee-jerk reaction that 'brady doesn't have the weapons.' I'd like to see proof rather than conjecture and theory.

1. Very little pressure on Plummber

2. Over 100 years rushing.

3. Not being able to stop them on 3rd down even after the St put them in the hole.

I'm not saying the the TOTAL responsibility fall on the lines. And in our 3-4 the LOS battle also includes our linbackers. It wasn't horrible but Denver won the battles when they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News