PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Like I said, Pats fans should NEVER complain about other teams getting ref charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Like I said, Pats fans should NEVER complain about other teams getting ref charit

He's right. There is a league wide conspiracy to give the Patriots the unfair advantage of bogus calls. Now, who in the league is in on the conspiracy, and why didn;t they get to Goodell?

Re: Like I said, Pats fans should NEVER complain about other teams getting ref charit

Like I said, I had to laugh at Pats fans with the nerve to moan about calls they claim the Colts and Steelers got (ESPECIALLY Super Bowl XL) because NO team has benefitted from ref charity like New England.

WOW. You just lost ANY credibility with those statements. It shows you are a complete moron and that you just don't have a clue.

You all laughed and challenged me to give proof -- well there it was Sunday, in the form of the MOST OBVIOUS NON-CALL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL.

Though I shouldn't even have to name it (being so obvious) let's just say what Vrabel got away with in full view of the refs is BEYOND ridiculous.

Since you are late to the party, as most idiots are, this has been talked about ad nasuem with most people agreeing that Vrabel got away with one. But to be so ignorant as to call it the "MOST OBVIOUS NON-CALL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL" shows that you can't be bothered to actually be unbiased. I say this because the NON CALL for Pass INterference in the AFCCG last year on Kelvin Hayden was a much more OBVIOUS call than the Vrabel play.

You wanted your proof? You got it. Go ahead and argue -- I dare you.

Why argue with a moron who is too clueless to know that there have been bigger NON-CALLS than that one?

Yes and I acknowledged the fact that some people recognized the truth -- wish you'd read more carefully -- so please, enough with the tired old "troll" ploy. The point was, even those who admitted he got away with it still shrugged it off as nothing -- quite a difference from the way you all reacted when you thought OTHER teams got the ref charity.

The bigger point -- I was challenged here to show proof of my claim that no teams gets calls like the Pats. Well hoot! there it is! For all to see (except the refs for some strange reason) this past Sunday.

Is that all you got? Did you witness the egregious calls against the Pats like the
reception out of bounds by the Chargers? Nice try, but when it's one sided in
the Pats favor, give me a call. Then I will listen to your drivel. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bplFfY75co

Video evidence to the contrary, my friend.

When I was watching the game, I thought Rivers was under a tremendous amount of pressure. Turns out he wasn't... just that he had Vrabel kicking at his leg that had no ACL in it.

I might be nitpicking, but, it looks to me that that was a tad more than, "sticking his foot out"... and by the by, he did trip Rivers.

1.) Vrabel had beaten his man yet ended up feet first. How'd that happen?

2.) It was a trip with a leg stuck out as Vrabel was going to the ground, not a leg whip. Since you're 'nitpicking', you'll understand that I disagree with your nitpick

Last edited:

The ref saw it, and called nothing, because IT WASNT A PENALTY.
Vrabel was being blocked, went to the ground, and Rivers ran into his legs.
There is absolutely no blatant attempt to trip. Vrabels legs were in the natural position he went to the ground in.
It simply was not a penalty.

Sorry Andy. But it was a leg whip. It was blatant. I mentioned it in the game thread when it happened. Vrabel was ALREADY on the ground when he intentionally threw his leg out at Rivers to try and take him down.

It SHOULD have been a penalty. It wasn't called.

I am a HUGE Pats fan and I have to call it what it was.

Point of clarification -- "trip" and "leg whip" are different things.

At most, this was a tripping foul.

If I had been the R, I would not have called it. Tripping is one of the very few rules left in the NFL rule book that requires a finding of intent. By and large, the NFL has attempted to remove all such rules, with the most notable one being grounding -- that now is based solely on objective criteria.

But leg to leg contact must be intentional to be a foul. No replay I've seen establishes this for me. I would have kept the flag in my pocket.

Now, before anyone jumps all over me for being a homer, I have frequently defended the referrees in this forum when other pats fans go balistic about calls. Triplette was right on top of the play. He has one job right there -- to stay right on top of the QB and call infractions on the QB. He didn't "miss" it. He just didn't call it. Presumption on "intent" fouls is not to call it.

The other thing that you can just never get through to fans is that there is a huge difference between whether one suspects a foul was committed and whether one should call it.

I see play on here. Then again, I didn't see very much worth bellyaching about during the AFC Championship Game last year except the no-contact "faceguard" PI.

Sorry, PatsfaninAZ, if you don't think that the replays have established that Vrabel INTENTIONALLY whipped his leg at Rivers, then you aren't watching them because everyone I've seen, particularly the over-head, is clear that Vrabel whips his leg out to try and knock River down. And Vrabel DID make contact, causing Rivers to lose balance.

Seriously, how many games have you officiated?

Do you have any idea just how amazingly great these guys really are?

I get that we're fans and so it's our job to keep on the refs, but I'd love it if everyone with this opinion could try just one NFL play as the umpire or side judge.

One has nothing to do with the other. The fact remains that for the past 3 years, the officiating, particularly in the play-offs, has been HORRENDOUS. Absolutely and utterly. I've seen Pee Wee games that were better officiated that any of the 2005 play-off games (including the Super Bowl) or the 2006 AFCCG.

1.) Vrabel had beaten his man yet ended up feet first. How'd that happen?

2.) It was a trip with a leg stuck out as Vrabel was going to the ground, not a leg whip. Since you're 'nitpicking', you'll understand that I disagree with your nitpick

I'm not arguing with you in that he beat his man... beat him like a drum.

Leg whip, intentional trip... semantics, brother.

Bad calls happen in EVERY game... and will continue to do so until there is 1 ref per player on the field

However, if you look at the history of the Patriots games this year, in many cases it was a BLATANT call that should have either been called or not called which could have changed the game. Rewatch the indy game.... no one can honestly say that the Patriots werent fighting 3 battles that day. Against the Colts, Fans and the refs.... it is amazing to me that we won it. It just shows the determination of this team.

My 11 year old son has been watching the games with us this year. He has become a fan. Even HE can tell when bad calls are made or not made.... We do not live in New England any more and can get some bad comments thrown at us from Redskins fans. I told him that many people dislike the Patriots for a few reasons... "spygate", the fact that they are amazing..... many reasons. However ANY TRUE NFL fan....regardless of who they root for.... a TRUE NFL fan will be watching the games to see if the Patriots will do something that has never been done before. Not for the love or hatred of the Patriots..... but for the thrill of seeing it done!

I'm not arguing with you in that he beat his man... beat him like a drum.

Ok, look at the tape again.... he does a spin move and beats the lineman. What action then occurs to put Vrabel on the ground?

Ok, look at the tape again.... he does a spin move and beats the lineman. What action then occurs to put Vrabel on the ground?

It was probably the actions of the lineman that, in the eyes of the ref, canceled out Vrabel's trip attempt (sorry, I can't really label that a leg whip - I've seen a lot worse done in that league), thus no flag was thrown.

Happens all the time (I mean, refs coming to decisions like that).

Look at it another way. If the ref throws a flag on the O-lineman, then another flag gets thrown on Vrabs, the net effect is no penalty, as they cancel each other out.

So in this case, it looks like the (non) call was the correct call.

So, Jake, read it and weep!

The running into the kicker penalty was BS since Seymour was pushed and the kicker did an acting job to run into Jarvis Green himself. That changed the field position by 25 yards. The calls go both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes