PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Light To Og In 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWAKJOE

On the Roster
Reaction score
Listening to Fox NE the other night ****erson says that Light maybe better suited playing OG next year due him having trouble maintaining weight and rehabing from his broken leg.
If this happens who starts at LT. Kaczur,Ashworth or Wesley Brit? Or do we draft one early next year. I think Brit may get a shot if this happens he has the size 6'8" 315. Would have been a higher pick last year if he didn't break his leg.

NOWAKJOE said:
Wesley Brit? I think Brit may get a shot if this happens he has the size 6'8" 315.

Big /= good.

NOWAKJOE said:
Listening to Fox NE the other night ****erson says that Light maybe better suited playing OG next year due him having trouble maintaining weight and rehabing from his broken leg.
If this happens who starts at LT. Kaczur,Ashworth or Wesley Brit? Or do we draft one early next year. I think Brit may get a shot if this happens he has the size 6'8" 315. Would have been a higher pick last year if he didn't break his leg.

****erson is a moron. Light is a tackle, making tackle money, and he'll be the starting LT assuming he's healthy. The question will be who starts at RT and if Neal is retained or not.

Doesn't matter who starts at LT/RT, with the speed and power teams are putting at DE, we need the same talent level at each. Light isn't a mauler like Mankins or Andruzzi, so I see him at T, but Gorin or Kaczur could slide into G if Neal goes to another team. What we can count on is Light having to fight hard for his LT slot competing with Kaczur, Ashworth, Britt, and Mankins - not to mention Krug who is nursing an injury on the shadow roster. The O-line battle in TC is going to be fun.

Light is our LT. You read it here!!!!

As was pointed out, Light has been given a long-term contract to play LT. There are some that think him almost a probowler. He certainly isn't going to get beaten out by practice squad players.

If there is a question, it is with regard to who will play RG if Neal doesn't come back.

Also whether Ashworth will sign and continue in his new roles as a TE, backup OT, and FB.

I am having an unusual moment where a Player mentioned is making me draw a blank.
Who the hell is Wesley Britt?

KDPpatsfan said:
I am having an unusual moment where a Player mentioned is making me draw a blank.

5th rounder picked by SD. We picked him up, and he got injured. Big guy... who knows what his work ethic is...

Check out Chris Price's blog for a Q&A with Rosie Colvin where he talks about Britt tuning him up for his pass rushing. I believe he was a 'bama player who was injured before the draft and fell because of it.....

KDPpatsfan said:

Some draft experts had him rated equal prior to his leg injury to Alex Baron LT who was selected 19th overall by the Rams.

No way Light moves. Not only are we paying him LT money, we have no reason not to keep him there. Kazcur has been the same or worse then Light. And wasn't Kazcur a RT? So you move him over there, and this is your 06' Patriots OL

Light-Makins-Koppen-Neal-Kazcur

Thats a damn good line.

Also, as for ****erson, this is the same moron who said last season as long as the team had Dillon, they would win with Miller at QB. Who at the time was our backup.

NOWAKJOE said:

If I am not mistaken, when Light was drafted he was projected as a guard. While I am not opposed to the idea, Kaczur hasn't yet proved that he can be a great LT. I think even if we draft an OL in 2006, the guy will still have to put in work at right tackle. When Light comes back, I think the LT will still be his position to lose. Until this year, he has been on of the staples of this team, he started since day one at LT. And unless we end up trading up in the first round to get a blue chip prospect, i don't see Light anywhere else.

I just looked him up in my draft guide. He is Massive....could be a dev. prospect ala Neal.

oldrover said:
5th rounder picked by SD. We picked him up, and he got injured. Big guy... who knows what his work ethic is...

From the draft summaries I have read, his work ethic and leadership are terrific. Just had some bad luck with injuries late in his career which caused him to fall on draft day. He has the frame at 6'8" to put on added muscle to bulk up for the rigors of the pro game.

BionicPatriot said:
No way Light moves. Not only are we paying him LT money, we have no reason not to keep him there. Kazcur has been the same or worse then Light. And wasn't Kazcur a RT? So you move him over there, and this is your 06' Patriots OL

Thats a damn good line.

Also, as for ****erson, this is the same moron who said last season as long as the team had Dillon, they would win with Miller at QB. Who at the time was our backup.
Kaczur was a LT at Toledo http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/kaczur_nick, prior to Light's injury he was worked in at both T slots for experience. Unlike RX, I felt he played as well as Light did to start the season, though I consider Light a slow starter who plays his best as the season winds down. Considering that Kaczur is a rookie, I think his upside is excellent and he will be competition for Light.

I love how BB is using Ashworth right now, we take advantage of his blocking skills at TE and FB, and we keep him ready to plug in should Kaczur or Gorin go down. He's making a case to be re-signed for decent money with his play at swing tackle and willingness to take on extra duties. When you consider that Neal is going to be 30, and he is the old man of the bunch, we have a pretty good, young line.

Last edited:
RxJock1120 said:
While I am not opposed to the idea, blah blah blah
Ha ha. You have a say in who plays where?

BionicPatriot said:

Thats a damn good line.

That was exactly what my prediction was going to be. In the event we don't bring Neal back, substitute Hochstein in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft