PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positional priority in the 2011 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustaphaM0nd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know BB doesn't draft for need, but looking at this team which positions are in most need of an upgrade or injection of youth? There is a "Team Needs" thread, but I didn't bump it because i like polluting cyberspace.

-A player in parenthesis is one who would have to improve sufficiently to preclude a high priority upgrade.
-A player in square brackets is one who is a vet and needs to be phased out or replaced.

OLB (Ninkovich)
-Ninkovich is cool, but he has to show more against the run.

OG (Ohrnberger, Connolly)
-if Mankins is gone and Neal retires, we need two new guards. IF we retain Light, Kaczur could step in at guard. Lets hope someone improves

RB (Lawfirm)
-Running backs can be picked off the street... if there's a strong line in front of them. Getting an elite running back who can create something out of nothing will take the pressure of our line.

DE (Deaderick)
-It remains to be seen what kind of play we get out of Ty Warren next year. In a draft this deep we should get a young stud at DE.

OC [Koppen]
-he's getting up there in age, and there doesn't seem to be an answer in-house.

OT [Light]
-I think swinging Vollmer to LT and playing Kaczur at RT is a fair solution to go on without Light. Kaczur can go inside though, so it would be nice to keep Light a little longer for flexibility purposes, and worry about the interior line for now.

WR (Price, Tate)
-one of these guys has to start making defenses fear them, because the quickness guys can't do it alone.

S (Sergio Brown)
-only a need if we get rid of Brandon Meriweather, which I don't see happening. Fixing the stuff that's actually broken will be hard enough. BB could surprise us though.

CB (Butler)
-when Bodden comes back we'll have a pretty sweet group of corners. The weak link will be nickel back, but Wilhite has been decent this year so I'm not worried.

ILB (Fletcher)
-not a need, really. Fletcher's shown a lot so far, and Guyton looks lost sometimes but he's the least of our worries.

QB (Hoyer)
-late round flier as usual

TE
-jokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back