PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LIEgate: Moving the goalposts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We're going to find out soon that this weapon aimed at the Pats, disguised as a lying, kleptomaniac golf pro, does not have any real ammo.

But even if the lie that destroyed our season is proven to be a lie, we shouldn't expect any mea culpas from the mediots who stabbed the Pats in the back.

After his interview with the commish, if the lizard in question so much as suggests to the media that he observed any gamesmanship outside the lines while an employee of the Pats, no matter how mundane, his words will be used to justify the witchhunt that began February 2.

"Maybe they didn't tape the walkthrough, but they watered the field before a game; or they did this or that straying from the letter of league rules; or they dumped the snow on the visitors' sidelines" etc.

The mediots will try to paper over their past negligence by "advancing the story", the way a street magician tries to distract a crowd with alot of flash and bluster.

We can expect cries for more punishment from the press, and the same opponents of this team who pretended to applaud Mr. Kraft at the owners' meeting will press for more league punishment vs the Pats behind the scenes. They will probably find a willing listener in the easily manipulated and remarkably dense commissioner, Doofus Goodell.

Just something to chew on so the nausea doesn't take us by surprise.

Last edited:
We're going to find out soon that this weapon aimed at the Pats, disguised as a lying, kleptomaniac golf pro, does not have the ammo the media covets, the ammo they were expecting.

Even if the lie that destroyed our season is proven to be a lie, we shouldn't expect the mediots who stabbed the Pats in the back to throw bouquets and apologias at the Pats feet.

After his interview with the commish, if the lizard in question so much as suggests to the media that he observed any gamesmanship outside the lines while an employee of the Pats, no matter how mundane, his words will be used to justify the witchhunt that began February 2.

"Maybe they didn't tape the walkthrough, but they watered the field before a game; or they did this or that straying from the letter of league rules; or they dumped the snow on the visitors' sidelines" etc.

The mediots will try to paper over their own gross negligence at that time by "advancing the story", the way a street magician tries to distract a crowd with alot of flash and bluster.

We can expect cries for further punishment from the press, and the same league enemies of this team who pretended to applaud Mr. Kraft at the owners' meeting will press for further league punishment vs the Pats behind the scenes. They will probably find a willing listener in the easily manipulated and remarkably dense commissioner, Doofus Goodell.

Yep, every minute idiotic claim is going to be rehashed and we're going to take the beat for all of it in one big shot.

Imagine if Falsh claims that he was aware of the use of headset jamming equipment, it will be a firestorm of hate. And none of it has to be true. :mad:

I think we should all stop and relax and maybe eat some refreshing grass. That's what makes me happiest.

Bravo! The best post I've read in along time.

We're going to find out soon that this weapon aimed at the Pats, disguised as a lying, kleptomaniac golf pro, does not have any real ammo.

But even if the lie that destroyed our season is proven to be a lie, we shouldn't expect any mea culpas from the mediots who stabbed the Pats in the back.

The mediots will try to paper over their past negligence by "advancing the story", the way a street magician tries to distract a crowd with alot of flash and bluster.

We can expect cries for more punishment from the press, and the same opponents of this team who pretended to applaud Mr. Kraft at the owners' meeting will press for more league punishment vs the Pats behind the scenes. They will probably find a willing listener in the easily manipulated and remarkably dense commissioner, Doofus Goodell.

You are dead on here pony........The only thing that can happen here to stop yet ANOTHER witch hunt and subsequent degradation of what the Pats have accomplished in this decade.....is for Goodell to come out and say, "I have talked to Mr. Walsh, and there is NO NEW INFORMATION HERE.....AS FAR AS I AND THE NFL ARE CONCERNED, THIS ISSUE IS CLOSED, AND WE ARE MOVING ON TO THE 2008 SEASON"........

Anything else, will result in a bonfire of accusations, erasing of the dynasty, and in many ways, the destruction of the franchise. Not trying to start the "sky is falling" BS here.....but be ready for it.....

If Walsh has a tape of the walkthrough....or anything else incriminating......IT has to be PROVEN that BB ordered these videotaping sessions. Given Walsh's shady character issues, and since he has been guilty of illegally taping a meeting with Scott Pioli......I think he acted as a mercenary on this, and/or is totally lying to be able to write a book.

Goodell has to look LONG AND HARD at this one....and unless there is anything directly incriminating BB or Pioli.......put a stop to this crap to avoid a ruination of a team and franchise.........If losing the SB this past year partly because accusations came flying out just days before the game was played wasn't enough.........they need to let this thing go.......

But be ready for the worst......and if it happens.......I may be done with the NFL.......it would be one of the lowest moment in pro sports.

good job. unfortunately, i agree with you and I hope that your post helps some folks, who are still hoping/believing that people outside New England will dismiss Walsh for the liar and idiot that he is, prepare for what's going to happen.

I don't freaking care anymore - how's that?

We will have a great team next year, whether BB or Capers is the coach.

We have Tom Brady, Randy Moss and all the rest.

Today, we pick up some awesome, wide eyed new talent.

Screw all the rest - I really don't freaking care anymore.

Yeah and Al Davis was the most honost person ever in the nfl. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of it depends on how Walsh handles himself after the NFL interview. Does he go on every radio and talk show insinuating that there was a lot more, implying the NFL is covering something up? Will he come across as a money grubbing attention seeker, or as a sympathetic, regular blue collar guy caught up in a high stakes power struggle? Or does he say that the league was already aware of what he knew and that everybody just needs to move on?

Outside of New England, NFL fans don't trust Goodell anymore than they do Kraft or BB - they think they are all in on some grand conspiracy and can not be trusted. While we see the flaws in Walsh's character, the rest of the NFL fans see him as the only guy who does not have an ulterior motive. I know that sounds crazy to Pats fans, but I do believe that is the way most of the rest of the fans around this country see things.

I think a lot of it depends on how Walsh handles himself after the NFL interview. Does he go on every radio and talk show insinuating that there was a lot more, implying the NFL is covering something up?
What would be the point of that? He'd just find himself in court to say under oath what he has.

Walsh has been lying low for some time, hoping this will all blow over.

What would be the point of that? He'd just find himself in court to say under oath what he has.

Walsh has been lying low for some time, hoping this will all blow over.

It's possible that as soon as Walsh opened his mouth Goodell had every intention to call his bluff, put him on the hot seat and make him look like a fool in an attempt to disuade other wanna be stool pigeons from implicating other teams in a charade like this. Stuff of this nature is bad for the entire NFL.

the pats will just deny everything. if he has no proof, what can the league do?

I believe the agreement with Walsh discourages this scenario. Something along the lines of Walsh bearing the burden of proof for any information not tied directly to covered video activities.

That says to me that Walsh gets the benefit of the doubt when testifying about activities related to his job in the video department. If he strays, he better have proof or he puts himself in legal jeopardy. I don't imagine he will risk it.

I'm not a lawyer so I'm guessing. Any lawyer types that can confirm or dispute this?

I somewhat disagree.

I agree with you that elements from the media will do exactly as you suggest... maybe even a few idiotic NFL players that have an ax to grind. Spector will push as hard as he can (although Leahy will prevent any real damage there).

Where I disagree is the NFL and other teams. I think they learned over the last few months that this spygate thing has the potential to bring down the whole gravy train. It's all about the money and they know it's time to circle the wagons. You will NOT see the NFL or other teams turn on us... I guarantee it.

It would take the smoking guns of all smoking guns for that to happen now. Walsh doesn't even have a sling shot.

The media will sensationalize what they can about it but eventually move on.

The media will sensationalize what they can about it but eventually move on.

Considering how many players - who know the game far better than us fans - made statements that taping is wrong (bear in mind that our own Hobbs made similar statements right after camera gate broke out), it solidifies my opinion that the most of the players don't know much about the game management and the inputs that go into coaching.

So, as long as these players are given a spot as 'experts' in the analysis of the game for dumb fans like me, this circus is going to go on.

I join fgssand when he put it best: I do not frigging care anymore.

I just want us focusing on this season, shatter every single record on both offense and defense, lift the SB high and mighty in an convicing manner that will make it impossible for any other team in the future to come close to what we did amidst all this scandal and embarassment dogging us.

For my part, I am going to continue my protest of not logging on to BH, ESPN and any other link unless recommended in this forum and will refrain from watching ESPN on cable unless it is to watch games. Enough of their misguided and moronic character assasination.

Go PATS!

The lie that destroyed our season? The lie that the Pats O-Line could stop the Giants' pass rush? The lie that the secondary could intercept a pass to ice the game on the final drive? :confused:

I think a lot of it depends on how Walsh handles himself after the NFL interview. Does he go on every radio and talk show insinuating that there was a lot more, implying the NFL is covering something up? Will he come across as a money grubbing attention seeker, or as a sympathetic, regular blue collar guy caught up in a high stakes power struggle? Or does he say that the league was already aware of what he knew and that everybody just needs to move on?

Outside of New England, NFL fans don't trust Goodell anymore than they do Kraft or BB - they think they are all in on some grand conspiracy and can not be trusted. While we see the flaws in Walsh's character, the rest of the NFL fans see him as the only guy who does not have an ulterior motive. I know that sounds crazy to Pats fans, but I do believe that is the way most of the rest of the fans around this country see things.

But Walsh does have an ulterior motive. He was unceremoniously fired from the Patriots. Of course, it was for illegally taping conversations he was having with Scott Pioli.

Any "FAN" who has looked into Walsh will know that he's a LIAR and THIEF. He lied on his resume in several places and also lied on the Bio posted at the Golf Club he currently works at.

The lie that destroyed our season? The lie that the Pats O-Line could stop the Giants' pass rush? The lie that the secondary could intercept a pass to ice the game on the final drive? :confused:

Now you are pushing it. The win or loss in the SB has almost nothing to do with it. No one sues over a lost game.

You have already been told that the lie affected the reputation of the organization.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the business world. In the business world, there is such thing as "goodwill" in regards to a corporation. There is actually an accounting method that quantifies in estimated dollars, euro, yen, whatever, a particular corporation's "goodwill".

Reputation does have an effect at the cash register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes