PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's end Spygate tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup...it's really getting tiring.

There must be something we cn do about it - as fans??

How can the Patriot organization continue to take all of the shots and why?

The more they stay silent the more uncomfortable I am feeling.

It starts at the top for me. This is Bob Kraft's team. He owns it. IMHO, only he can make this end. Maybe I'm just one of those hot tempered, confrontational females. :p
But if I owned this team, I would raise such a stink that Goodell would be in a hurry to end this thing very quickly.
This silence bothers me too, it makes me wonder if Kraft is going to consider firing BB.

It starts at the top for me. This is Bob Kraft's team. He owns it. IMHO, only he can make this end. Maybe I'm just one of those hot tempered, confrontational females. :p
But if I owned this team, I would raise such a stink that Goodell would be in a hurry to end this thing very quickly.
This silence bothers me too, it makes me wonder if Kraft is going to consider firing BB.

That reads like HTCF for fun and amusement....just kidding!!!

No way will he fire BB - moreso, I think he will blow the lid off of the rest of the NFL and take the others down. The only thing stopping him is he has taken these hits for the good of the game.....IMHO though, it's just not good anymore to take them all and it is time to get nasty.

That reads like HTCF for fun and amusement....just kidding!!!

No way will he fire BB - moreso, I think he will blow the lid off of the rest of the NFL and take the others down. The only thing stopping him is he has taken these hits for the good of the game.....IMHO though, it's just not good anymore to take them all and it is time to get nasty.

To me Goodell could have handled this a lot better by keeping it internal much like Tags did in the past. It is my strong opinion that Goodell’s digging has turned the league upside down.

In Tags tenure, the Broncos were found guilty of having evaded the salary cap when they won Super Bowl championships in 1997 and 1998, Never became this big of a media storm. At least one team was investigated for violating league rules by pumping crowd noise on the field when the opposing offense is on the field. All kinds of tampering was committed in the months leading up to free agency but nothing like this in terms of media coverage.

Goodell’s decision to come down hard on the Patriots for this incident has open a pandora’s box about how business is conducted in the NFL. When and where it will stop, no one knows.

Yup...it's really getting tiring.

There must be something we cn do about it - as fans??

How can the Patriot organization continue to take all of the shots and why?

The more they stay silent the more uncomfortable I am feeling.

And every time they talk, this comes back up to the front page. Frankly, I think the Pats have already said everything they plan on saying, and BB is only going to leave if something truly incriminating turns up.

To me Goodell could have handled this a lot better by keeping it internal much like Tags did in the past. It is my strong opinion that Goodell’s digging has turned the league upside down.

In Tags tenure, the Broncos were found guilty of having evaded the salary cap when they won Super Bowl championships in 1997 and 1998, Never became this big of a media storm. At least one team was investigated for violating league rules by pumping crowd noise on the field when the opposing offense is on the field. All kinds of tampering was committed in the months leading up to free agency but nothing like this in terms of media coverage.

Goodell’s decision to come down hard on the Patriots for this incident has open a pandora’s box about how business is conducted in the NFL. When and where it will stop, no one knows.

Good points. I'll bet the owners aren't to happy about how he handled it either.

First off, I think it's ridiculous that this is even an issue. Doesn't this senator have bigger and more important things to worry about than what was on the Patriots video tapes? What a joke! The people of PA are really getting their money's worth with this guy.

That being said, I do hope the entire thing just comes out in the open and is finished once and for all. Get it all out on the table and be done with it!

I have to say I would also love to see Belichick turn the tables on some of these hypocrites in the NFL and in the media and talk about what he knows of other teams dirty little secrets too. He won't though because that is not the kind of person he is.

Finally I know I am preaching to the choir but I am sick of the 'cheating' moniker. I'm not saying Belichick did not break a rule but it was determined that none of the tapes had any effect on the outcome of that Jets game. That part of the story always seems to get overlooked..

GO PATS

Whether firing BB ever comes up, I think you are 100% correct in one thing - Kraft is the owner. His billion dollars are more influence than any 'letters to your Senator' or petition to Goodell, etc. He should have the influence to make it go away. All these uber-rich and powerful men know how to sidestep major issues when it comes to business.

At this point, I want a complete investigation of the whole deal. I want every team that did any "spying" or "cheating" identified and outed.

I want the Patriots to be vindicated already - I am sick and tired of this witch hunt.

If we are the only ones that spied and broke a rule and if we did use the information to gain an advantage and cheat our way to Super bowl wins, then take the damn rings away from us or shut up.

I want Spector to admit his looking into this has nothing to do with his prize QB choking in a Superbowl and all to do with his COmcast Vs NFL Network affiliation nd special interest (as if that would happen).

I want BB & Kraft to spill their guts and blow this whole thing up already....let them tell all they know about other teams incidents and let's see these other teams get on the defensive already and squirm.

I agree with everything you say-great post.

Let's have the hearings just like baseball did today.

Round all the parties to "Spygate" up and put them under oath-and let's see where it goes.

This whole thing needs to end-one way or another.

As you say-if they cheated take away the rings-if not SHUT UP.

The fact that bubblehead was banned for his post is embarrassing. He is right on many counts. The problem is that the evidence being destroyed hurt the patriots, as the questions will always linger. There will be a complete investigation (which obviously did not happen the first time, if it had, this would have been over with months ago, instead of popping up 2 days before the big game). As bubblehead said we will find out if these allegations did or did not happen (i dont see anything ban worthy in that assessment). You mods are soft with your trigger fingers. **** you and **** this board. Patriot fans have a bad reputation as crybabies for a reason. Enjoy you're myopic *********** about how its everyone elses fault (the media, gregg easterbrook, matt walsh), except the arrogant slob that disgraced this franchise that I have loved for 30 years, championships be damned. See you in section 118. Until then, **** off.

I am glad I don't sit in the corner of the end zone with you.

"Patriot fans have a bad reputation as crybabies for a reason." I thought you have been a Pats fan for 30 yrs but you don't say we?? and if you are, does that mean you as well are a crybaby?? Funny you joined on Sept of 2007.

The fact that bubblehead was banned for his post is embarrassing. He is right on many counts. The problem is that the evidence being destroyed hurt the patriots, as the questions will always linger. There will be a complete investigation (which obviously did not happen the first time, if it had, this would have been over with months ago, instead of popping up 2 days before the big game). As bubblehead said we will find out if these allegations did or did not happen (i dont see anything ban worthy in that assessment). You mods are soft with your trigger fingers. **** you and **** this board. Patriot fans have a bad reputation as crybabies for a reason. Enjoy you're myopic *********** about how its everyone elses fault (the media, gregg easterbrook, matt walsh), except the arrogant slob that disgraced this franchise that I have loved for 30 years, championships be damned. See you in section 118. Until then, **** off.

:rofl: @ FIRE BELICHICK

I just saw a little blurb in the local news sports report and the end result had something to do with both parties 'agreeing to disagree'. There was a short sound segment of Specter saying he was unhappy that The Pats' notes were destroyed because he wanted the opportunity to review them.

What? Why??

This matter has nothing to do with Specter or the U.S. senate. I'm so glad that the U.S. is in such great shape that our senators have nothing to do but worry about baseball players taking steroids and the content of football coaches' scouting tapes.

!!

Specter = a complete tool.:mad:

WTF the guy just said on TV their were notes on the steelers in 04.

What on earth would Specter have possibly gleaned from the notes? The guy didn't even know the St. Louis Cardinals no longer exist.

The last time I went to a game in Foxborough, I was mugged. It was in 2006 - when the Jaguars played there in a playoff game. I thought it was an aberration. I determined at that point I would never return.

Then I saw that the same occurred this year, with a Boston resident and his cousin from Jacksonville. I can almost understand sore loosers, but sore winners? When you win, Pats fans seem to decide to literally "beat up" opposing fans.

You wonder why you as fans and your team have no support outside of Boston - try treating opposing fans with just a little humanity. Beating us up and spitting on us will not do that.

The bottom line is that I, and others, will never return to Boston. It is such a shame that a city with such importance to our history has turned into a cess pool

The last time I went to a game in Foxborough, I was mugged. It was in 2006 - when the Jaguars played there in a playoff game. I thought it was an aberration. I determined at that point I would never return.

Then I saw that the same occurred this year, with a Boston resident and his cousin from Jacksonville. I can almost understand sore loosers, but sore winners? When you win, Pats fans seem to decide to literally "beat up" opposing fans.

You wonder why you as fans and your team have no support outside of Boston - try treating opposing fans with just a little humanity. Beating us up and spitting on us will not do that.

The bottom line is that I, and others, will never return to Boston. It is such a shame that a city with such importance to our history has turned into a cess pool

Please come back! I for one would welcome the oportunity to spit on you again..f'nn troll!

Its a shame Jacksonville has...wait...it's always been a pit. Grow up. This goes on at every stadium. Last time I was in Giants Stadium I watched some Jet fans try to light a Pats fan on fire. So lets not pick on the patriots fans here.

No need to reply to Roman. He has left the building and I locked the door behind him

I live in PA and near where specter was just a local political guy early in his career and jumped up the ladder to senator,Believe me he has not changed and is the same ol' (insert expletive) you see now.

Specter is a HUMONGOUS Philadelphia Eagles fanatic who firmly believes his Eagles were robbed in SB 38 with cheating and will do ANYTHING to take the glory from NE away or in any of the Pats Championship SB years and will not sleep until he destroys or at least tries his hardest to destroy the integrity of the Patriots organization.

When things get political it gets scary and is no issue just to shrug off like some fans in here who just think things will go away quietly and quickly - UH-NO-
This may be serious stuff in the next few months whatever that may be,Its going to be a LONG offseason for us fans of this team.

who thinks that? I haven't heard one fan in here say that they think this will go away quietly and quickly...pretty obvi. it wont and I think we all understand that.

WTF the guy just said on TV their were notes on the steelers in 04.

Since when have "notes" become against the rules, or cheating? This is becoming like some Ionesco play, for god's sakes. This story is getting close to jumping the shark. I think the Pats' management is right to let the opponents squeal with this nonsense - it just provides more information to destroy their accusations. When they can disprove 80% of the accusations, then they can say...and the other 20% are BS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST