PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How to Pay Back Specter and STOP the Witch Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
BPF, could you PLEASE post this very important article and link as a separate thread?

People must read this!!!!!!!

Someone else beat me to it.

Shouldn't this be a sticky...I think it is important that senators get calls about what Spector is doing and what is really driving this. In the last four days, when I have heard people talk about Spector or spygate and I hear them talking or see someone with a newspaper reading about the Patriots, I ask them if they know what is fueling Spector and tell them about teh Comcast connection. All are outraged by that and are as angered that it is being covered up on ESPN and other shows. I continue to do that until something happens with "spygate" and the Washington part is over.

Shmessy, the original poster DID talk about the whole Comcast angle in his original post.

1) Of course, your contention is that Specter won't run in 2010, and I assume you're saying that because he said it. But that's 2 years away. Politicians drop back "in" the running all the time. At least you prevent that from happening, with enough participation.

2) Specter's got Comcast in mind, but he's also got a constituency -- the whole state, remember -- which hates the Pats. And half that constituency worships the Steelers' achievements in the 70s.

3) We're suffered to forget the steroids issues of the 70s steelers and the cap jailing of Carmen Policy of the 80s 49ers, and whatever was wrong with the Dallas of the 90s. But for whatever reason, Specter has decided that this particular scandal must be kept alive indefinitely.

4) Hey, maybe the same spotlight should be shone on some previous dynasties.

After all, he's concerned with the purity of sports -- conveniently, the purity of New England sports, it would seem. Well, part of the purity of sports is the arguments that the fans have over "greatest ever dynasties," etc. We can't enjoy our pure sports fan debate without knowing all the facts about the steroids abuse among the 1970s Steelers.

I agree with the original poster.

Of course, at the moment, he's still lining up his Goodell meeting. I also noticed, Arlen Sphincter's introduced a bill to get the NFL's license not to apply to church super bowl parties... which explains WHO provided the info about the story to the press in the first place (that the NFL is cracking down on churches screening the big game.)

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back