PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's do a better job welcoming new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah! Too much friendliness around here. All this caring and sharing - I blame Sesame Street. Anyone here starts counting cookies in Spanish and I'm going to lose.

Incidentally, I initially joined this forum back around 2002, but lost touch for a while and had my username deleted. That was a fine how-do-you-do!

Don't think I posted in the new members bit apart from the roll call. I thought announcing myself and telling everyone how big a fan I am was a bit gay.

Don't think I posted in the new members bit apart from the roll call. I thought announcing myself and telling everyone how big a fan I am was a bit gay.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Before the term "metro" came to be, didn't the Brits have a term "dandy" which meant about the same thing that "metro' means now?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Before the term "metro" came to be, didn't the Brits have a term "dandy" which meant about the same thing that "metro' means now?

also permitted to use 'fop' or 'foppish'

Think so, years ago. Unless it's still used by some today in parts. I come from one of the more down to earth parts of the country so I wouldn't know about any of this posh stuff :D

Just want to bump this up for our evening/night posters to see.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that just above this forum is the New Member sign in area. I try to check it and welcome new members but sometimes I don't think of it.

Right now there are 5 new confessed Patriots fans who have just signed in and no one has welcomed them.

Most of us have the love of the Patriots in common. The other thing that we all have in common is that we were all new here once. So, lets try to pay some attention to the New Member area and welcome the new Patriots fans to the board. :rocker:

Hey "Nut" did you just twist one up and now you have that warm and fuzzy feeling?
hug.gif

When I first posted here people called me a troll for saying Maroney was better than Cobbs. LOL. Go figure that one, lol

Mmm ... a "dandy", yes -- someone who pays great attention to his clothing and self-presentation -- but "dandy" as an adjective is very American.

I don't remember my first post here that was like three different patsfans message boards ago. I remember I was NEMaine when I first joined but keep getting confused with NEM so I changed it after a year or so. At that time you'd be lucky to have 20 posters on at the same time now look at this all the new member. I must say what a great job Ian has done here, amazing.

I feel left out...I have yet to be called a troll or to be ridiculed since I've been here. :mad:

:D

I feel left out...I have yet to be called a troll or to be ridiculed since I've been here. :mad:

:D

OK your a troll and your mother wears army boots. There happy now.:)

Just because I found this site recently and have only have a few posts, I'm called out as a troll and my post goes to the visitors locker room?? Believe me, I know as much about the Pats as anyone on this board. You "vets" have to get over yourselves. We're all Pats fans so what the f*ck is the difference.

You can all start by replying to my first thread:)

Hey "Nut" did you just twist one up and now you have that warm and fuzzy feeling?
hug.gif

Yes, I been in touch with my inner child and laid down the law. But the little sh!t is very strong willed so he could be making an appearance or two (or ten) at any time. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News