PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's change the narrative...so how DID the Colts balls defy Mother Nature?

Stupid? Or lazy and self-serving? I tend to think its more the latter.

I'd say both. Their laziness is part of the reason they are so ignorant.

Stupid? Or lazy and self-serving? I tend to think its more the latter.

It's both. Some of their rationales sound pretty damn stupid. Mort and Peter King particularly for national figures. It's way too dumb to be an act.

The list of local dunces is pretty damned long. You'll excuse me if I refrain from typing all their names.

Be interesting to note what the colts balls were filled up at what PSI and WHERE.

My guess is they filled them in Indy in the dome at 13 something PSI. WHy would they then take them to Foxoboro, uninflate them, and re-inflate them? Most likely they just took them as is and played with it.

They might have topped them off a bit. My guess is they filled them to 13 at 60 degrees or so in the dome.

They get to Foxboro, the balls have been cold after being in a bus for 3 days and are 50 degrees. The pressure is now 12.5. Maybe they top them off a bit, maybe not. Since the ball is 50 degrees it loses no pressure as the game is played in 50 degree weather.

Alternatively, they could have topped them to 13 PSI in Foxboro or so and the ball's PSI fell somewhat to just over 12.5.

The CMU guy was getting higher than predicted PSI drops by simulating rain, so maybe the rain swells the ball enough to lose .5 PSI or so.

So as my friends favorite argument other than #peegate is "the Colts balls stayed the same" even though I've given them all the best and logical explanations...filled to higher psi, "stayed within range" etc. how about we start to ask the question..."so how DID the Colts balls defy Mother Nature"? Simple question should have a simple answer no? Can we flood the airwaves with this question? Email the media, tweet, whatever. I want to know how the Colts "cheated" the laws of physics! Answer that Mort!
I think both, Colts an Brady had balls with which they were training before the start of the game. Outside 50 degree. Brady said that he picks his own balls before they are sent to refs. I dont know exact timing of this,but it is possible that if Pats balls were below 12.5PSi, and refs filled them inside....
we dont have any answer but if i lived in america i d go nuts. I d go in front of Pats headquarters and as fan deman explanation from this. Like a demsonstration. The owners and teams dont exits without fans. Fans buying tickets, and they are watching Tv, where the most income for team comes. Owners put Goddel in charge. My demands will be simple. If somebody leaking information than we are entitled to know everything, show us 3 hour video of the path of the balls. from stadion to inside and then 2,5 hours in room and again to stadium. This is 4 hour investigation max. 1 hour to investigate the ballboy and refs. Not several weeks investigation where u ll find nothing, like the Ray Rice video not seen by Godell..So u punish a player without any knowledge, just police report, and u get 40 mills for that.
Who do u think we are, bunch of morons?
i am not saying nothing about who is guilty, time will tell, and after that we ll make our judgment, but leaking info out before SB, that is not an option. That is just media feed to get more SB views. So show us the freakin video and refs notes bout the PSI of of the balls on the both teams. NOW!!

We'll never know what the Colts balls were when test because the Ref's squeezed them and passed them. So we can't compare where they started and where they ended. Obviously the Colts aren't interested in providing any additional info. I can't imagine reporters haven't asked.

As this was essentially a sting operation they could have overinflated the balls... to account for a loss in pressure or let them stay outside longer...

Or maybe they did not check the Colts Balls at half time..

Without regard is there a coincidence that Luck had such a shytty day maybe because the balls were overinflated???

What goes around, comes around..

I'm not sure they did. But let's try this. The Colts and Pats have a bag of dry balls. Due to the Pats having more success on offense, and also due to running the ball more the Pats go through more balls. The Pats use say ten balls, and the Colts 3 in the first half. And those 3 are less wet because they used an aerial attack mostly.

Now that alone could make it seem like most colt balls are one pressure, and most Patriot balls around 1psi less. Possibility anyway.

I thought one of the reports was that the attendant had both sets of balls for each team...12 Pats and 12 Colts.

Really? I hadn't read that I thought he was a Pats employee?

Didn't "pissboy" have both the Pats and Colts balls?

I thought that is what was reported.

I don't know, I thought it was an employee of the Pats why would he have the Colts balls?

I don't know, I thought it was an employee of the Pats why would he have the Colts balls?

As others have said, ball boys are NFL employees, not team employees. I think the "person of interest" was not a ball boy, though. I guess he would be more of a stadium employee tasked with taking the balls to the ball boys/field officials? I imagine that no one thought twice about if before because prior to this manufactured controversy no one ever gave a rat's patootie about football inflation or the condition of the balls.

Last edited:
As others have said, ball boys are NFL employees, not team employees.

yeah, but as Brewskies inadvertently illustrates, it doesn't matter now. What matters is that some mongoloid has printed "it's a Pats employee!!!!!!~" and THAT is now the truth, no matter what or how much 100% clear evidence toi the contrary ANYONE has.

As others have said, ball boys are NFL employees, not team employees. I think the "person of interest" was not a ball boy, though. I guess he would be more of a stadium employee tasked with taking the balls to the ball boys/field officials? I imagine that no one thought twice about if before because prior to this manufactured controversy no one ever gave a rat's patootie about football inflation or the condition of the balls.

I didn't know that, sorry

Don't worry about any of this crap. It's all garbage.

Just a "roadside attraction" on the way to a Superbowl Victory.. getting my Superbowl Buzz back, after these azzclowns stole it from me last week..

Did not know that the Ball Boys were NFL employees... that only illustrates who many just follow along.. the NFL did it, Goodells balls just shrunk even more.

Probably going to leak more ******** Sunday night after the game to rain on our parade.

They called him a "locker room attendant". Not sure what that means. Does seem strange that they gave the Colts balls to a pats employee, if he is one.

They called him a "locker room attendant". Not sure what that means. Does seem strange that they gave the Colts balls to a pats employee, if he is one.

"they" called him that because they are all Ray Lewis stupid AND ignorant. Chain of custody has been well outlined a thousand times the past ten days.

Probably going to leak more ******** Sunday night after the game to rain on our parade.

Sunday night? You give them too much credit. The next leak will be the most damning yet and will be leaked on Saturday night. The retraction/rebuttal will come after the game.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back