PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leon Washington tendered at 2nd round level...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there will dozens of targets.

Please list ALL the dozens who changed teams last year.
Please list ALL the 2nd round tender players that switched last year.
Please list ALL the RFA's that the patriots have secured under Belichick.

The lists are very short.

If we can get one player through the RFA process, that would be a major event. It is NOT a matter of choosing which of the dozens to take as an RFA. If there are three such players, all the better.

Relax, I never said I'm expecting tons of people to change teams. I just want to see who else is possibly out there. I'm not ready to throw away a 2nd round pick to the Jets so quickly for a guy coming off a serious broken leg injury. Don't you want to see who else is out there? Maybe someone else is undervalued by their team (ala Welker in 07) and we can swoop in.

If we want this type of player, we should just take McCluster in the 2nd round. He's younger, cheaper, not injured, and just as explosive.

This is bad .if you strengthen a AFC opponent by giving them a 2nd rd for a injured player.If injury does not get better or he looses a step you take a hit.

also, how much money are you going to give to make sure the jets don`t match???? you can sign bodden for that money.

If we want this type of player, we should just take McCluster in the 2nd round. He's younger, cheaper, not injured, and just as explosive.

That was some explosive 40 yard dash he ran.

What about his 5 or 10? McCluster IS explosive, he can accelerate and decelerate incredibly fast, that is the what explosiveness is all about, all he has to do is change directions and he'll create separation from the guy trying to cover him.

Also, how many times did they run the 40 at the combine, and how many times will they run during a game?

How they run over the course of a game is key, if someone has demon speed that quickly drops off that changes how useful they'll be. I'm surprised no one mentions this. When Darelle Revis criticized Moss for shutting it down it wouldn't surprise me if Moss's speed declined during the game.

If LW joins the Patriots then Randy Moss will be the only offensive player not to have one of his legs completely shredded, broke in half, internally rearranged, etc.

Personally, I'd rather see them just draft some kid then trade for LW. Good player, just tired of hoping for and watching players try to rebound from injuries. The Patriots have enough of that with Brady, Welker, Tate, Moss, every running back that takes the field..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents